Black Chicken Studios Forums

Unlocking Navigation ?

BobMaster

Hey all,

I'm doing my 2nd run through the game and am training myself and familiar for some adventures, now the next adventure for my familiar requires 'Navigation'.

I know it is a sub-skill of 'Raid' but it is not in the list when I check it, nor is it in my character's skills list.

SO, as the title says, how do I unlock a certain sub-skill, in this case: Navigation.

Greetings,

Richard Westwick (new character name B))

No idea what I did, just redid the adventure using the Navigation option again and I got it unlocked.

There's so much to do in the game, I barely scratched the surface, have never used a spell or looked at the phemes yet B)

So far I try to keep my scores high and just started doing adventures, it's fun :)

Though I've noticed you either have to chose between getting good grades and doing a lot of adventures, not enough time to do both, though maybe if you skip classes that would be possible, haven't done that yet.

most of the time when you have a skill check the subskill in question gets unlocked whether you succeed or fail (unless i'm mistaken)

personally i tend to leave adventures until after midterms by which stage my character has a broad range of skills (i'm somewhat of a reload-abusing powergamer B) so that by then i have quite high skills, several quite high stats as well as significant amounts of gold/glory)

i've also found spells to be invaluable when doing the later parts of adventures with skillchecks vs 25+ (i think) popping up

An easy way to get navigation (like Mankers said) might be to cast a spell and add a "Location" pheme to it. It requires Theory of Revision 3, so it might depend a bit on what you are studying,.. but I think that Location is by far one of the easier to get.

No idea what I did, just redid the adventure using the Navigation option again and I got it unlocked.

There's so much to do in the game, I barely scratched the surface, have never used a spell or looked at the phemes yet :)

So far I try to keep my scores high and just started doing adventures, it's fun ;)

Though I've noticed you either have to chose between getting good grades and doing a lot of adventures, not enough time to do both, though maybe if you skip classes that would be possible, haven't done that yet.

It is pretty easy to get your class skills and study levels high before midterms, and then go crazy with other stuff afterward, even if you never skip class. The real difficulty is in not getting distracted by something new beforehand, I find.

Archived