Black Chicken Studios Forums

Consolidated Patch 11 and DLC 2

Legate of Mineta

What does glory means, does it help my character in any ways? Im asking this because I just finished the Orso Orsi quest expecting an expansion to several attributes but speaking of the devil, glory comes in hand. wa!!

What about the sphinx loophole, any chance to fix it in the delayed patch?

Is artificing changes OK in the patch?

I found a wrong display of info in the game, i.e. I cast the mathematical acuity spell, then description says that the spell should last for 3 days, but the tooltip of the skills that it affects, it says +4 days? looks ridiculous right?(suggestion, instead of displaying the initial duration, why not actual duration of the spell, i.e. init=4 days, after a day curr=3 days)

Also, a question about the Item I bought in the giribaldi's shop of seven colours, which is the necromancer's ring, there is some point in time in the game(ring wielded), that the said item lost... is it snatched or something, broken, or is it just a bug to start with... I feel its not worth buying if something happens like that in the future...

wardrake;

Glory is a hidden attribute that both helps and hinders your character, but it's mostly positive.

The issue with targeting and the Emperor Sphinx will not be handled in Patch 11, nor will any specific changes to Artificing game systems be made.

The Duration of Spells is actually correct (there are two non-playable phases at the beginning of each Day, and if the Spell Duration lasts into one of these, it will report the new Day), but we probably will examine the reporting again.

As to the Necromancer's Ring, that is an Illegal Item- I am sure it was confiscated when you were Reprimanded. ;)

Any particular use of glory other than prophetic certainty.. :D

One of the threads indicated that the requirements in artificing will be change/remove in DLC 2, since patch 11 contains DLC 2, why not?

Yeah, when reprimanded the illegal items are removed, including my cheatsheet hahaha...

There is a bug I found when the skill maximum is increased, i.e. the manipulation skill maximum is increased by 1, then the problem is, when you are maxing out that skill, the problem unhidden itself at skill level 10(the tooltip says, Skill maximum 11 : SKILL at MAXIMUM), but then when you train it to skill 11(the tooltip says, Skill maximum 11 : 0 of 3)... but in reality, its already maxed out!! reporting problem... weee

Another one, its not a bug but brings confusion to the users, the adventure list seems to be a little vague without any indication of what adventure it succeeds from, I hope there will be any indicators provided in order for us to continue an adventure not to start a new one...

There is an exploit when shopping in the game, an unidentified item sold to a merchant then bought it ends up the item being identified, no need to use the consult the artifice registry... hehe...

Suggestion, I hope in the future, there is someway of changing the color of the ingame frame, by default its brown, right? but I am a nature lover, I want it green or blue... though brown also symbolizes tree trunks.. heheh

Wardrake;

You are correct- Prerequisites are removed from Items in DLC 2. That's not quite a bug, though, so I wasn't sure what you meant. :D

For the Adventure list, this has been requested by another Academagian, and I believe we will be doing something similar.

Thanks for the information on the exploit! That's very interesting. :)

I do not believe we will be able to allow the in game frame color to change, but you may be able to modify the base graphic yourself.

Oh I thought the exploit was like a Easter egg cause it logical to sell it to shopkeeper, then they id it to sell it. Of course there is the same buy/sale price that make it exploitable, but I feel it's pretty logical otherwise.

Speaking of ID-ing stuff, why can't we Id everything in one go for that umm....ID place where we pay a fee.

Unfortunately, it's a limitation of the engine. We're may change it before Year 2, but for the moment it's 1 per Action. :D

Then how about making the Artifact Registry into a shop with a 10 Pim extra cost buying it back or pay 10 pim before going into shop mode.

Edit: Or just make it free like some government/private-cooperation sponsored center.

That's a great idea, but still a limitation of the engine. I love the concept, though. :)

That's where creativity comes in to take care of the limitations. :D

Edit: About the shop exploit.

Let's say this government use a special economy system where all shop is own by government and merchant are just worker who must sell back the same price they buy by some fair trade law.

Then year 2 where the limitation is fixed, the government switch to a new economy system for some reason like Coup de Grace or new king or new standard of the globalize trading system.

Consolidated Patch 11 and DLC 2 have been released, and can be found here:

The Mod Toolset has been released, and can be found here:

The Mod Base has been released and can be found here (RapidShare link):

The Mod AMO has been released and can be found here (RapidShare link):

Instructions: Copy all files and place into your Academagia install folder (same folder as Academagia.exe). For example: C:\Program Files\Academagia\Mods\Content.mdm (Please overwrite all files.)

Important: You must begin a new game in order to make use of the Content Patch/DLC. When you begin a new game, simply check 'The Legacy of the Towers' under mods, and proceed.

Before you Install: Patch 11 does not require you to create a new game, but if you wish to have certain fixes, you will need to create a new one. This Patch is cumulative with all previous Patches.

This Patch adds these features:

1) Item Prerequisites have been removed, making it vastly easier to craft Items

2) Classrooms are now informed on the first Day of Class

3) 9 new Adventures

4) 27 new Events

5) Many Items, Locations, Phemes and Spells

6) A new Vernin Skill

7) The Venalicium Library path has been reworked into an Adventure

8) Hotkeys.txt now summarizes all Hotkeys.

9) Save Slot Hotkeys have been inverted: CTRL+F1-F5 now Saves, and F1-F5 now Replaces.

10) Player Mods have been implemented.

...as well as corrects these issues:

1) Several Items may now be used correctly

2) Sima's Adventures are now Titled correctly

3) Improved Familiar Handling is restored to 4 Skills

4) Several Actions and Abilities now inherit Targets correctly

5) Most Music Events now have Prerequisites

6) The Secret Heritage path now works more directly

7) Study Monster was reworked

8) Astronomy now has a Perk at level 9

9) Bessa Ana's Adventure rewards are no longer wholly silly

10) The Imperial Reserve is now less Stressful

11) Isabeau's Big Haul is now much more random, as originally intended

12) Several bad Prerequisites were addressed

13) Many Descriptions were revised

14) Question Knowledge now bears a heavier price to pay

15) Attribute and Skill tooltips function correctly again.

16) You may now move more than 1 Item from a Location into your Inventory.

17) 'Refresh' Issue on XP and Vista corrected.

18) Phemes are now alphabetical in all cases.

19) Detention and Hall Sessions reporting has been improved.

Special thanks to the following Academagians who originally suggested or raised awareness of these:

89157Z

ackron

Adrian

Andor

bipbipbopbop

Bullwinkle

Burnheart

Danae

Draigh

dustman

Erthael

Fletchin