Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs in Patch 14

Adrian

emerssso;

Thanks! We'll look at and correct that Mentor issue in DLC 4.

Mikka;

I believe those should be College blocked, but I'll ask the Content Team to investigate. For the others, we'll close those in DLC 4.

It is possible to gain access to the Gates School if you do not take the secret Background, but it's highly improbable- you have to discover Euneycia's hideout on your own, through exploration.

Thanks!

Well, it looks like it's not just that one part of the quest. I'm having repeated troubles with Oan. I've lost the questline again, this time after the familiar adventure.

also, a few typos:

Random Event Avila Common Room 5: "when Her sits down beside you,..." <-great event, by the way.

Familiar: What is That Noise?: There is an Observation option that mentions knocking over an inkwell, but there's no followup/way to do that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) I'm getting a CTD when I use Artifice (I commit to run the day and it crashes). Running Windows7 OS.

2.) The item Information:Dagger has the ability Dagger which is the dagger attack rather than learning how to craft daggers.

3.) The item Information:Rapier claims to grant me the knowledge of rapiers but it doesn't seem to appear in my recipes. I haven't tried the other Information items. It would be nice if these actions appeared in Items tab as well. Edit: This is after using the ability on the item to learn about rapiers.

4.) Emboss action has never worked for me (the skill check isn't in the description so it may not work because I'm not good enough). Can you add the roll needed?

5.) The Joy pheme never seems to inherit a target even when added to self targeted spells so I never get it's affects (I've added it to several spells and never got anything).

6.) What are the requirements for Marc Sury's second quest? I can't seem to ever get this to appear (I saw it one time; I know its a forge related piece about pacifying some partying elementals but I've never seen it again).

7.) The description for the ability Natto's Shoppe:Backroom says, "A visit to the back room of Natto's Shoppe will Expand your skill with three Negation subskills by 1 Step each (or with one subskill by 3 Steps, if that's your preference). Entry costs 25 pims, however." You can choose only one subskill to level in (and I think you only get one step, but it may have been three). In any case the power to pay money to get more or less the same thing you get out of train seems broken.

-Starcrunch

starcrunch;

Thanks!

For 2-7, we'll look at these in DLC 4.

For 4, the Roll is Orthography vs. 11.

For 6, the requirement is that you not be in a Rivalry with Marc, and that your Relationship with him be 3 or greater. The first, I assume, is not the issue- what is your Relationship with Marc?

For 1, that's very surprising to hear- I will pm you for more details.

Thanks again!

(Patch 15, but not a new game.)

Tried to Represent the Freaks (the option was green, but charm is what... eight?- however, my debate wasn't that high, I don't think). It gave me the 'You have succeeded at using Represent the Freaks', followed by 'You have learned about J's Circus: Freak Show'. However, I can still visit the Freak Show and I do not have the Reflect Upon Success option, nor did I get a skill step in ethics. Seems it didn't work, but it just gave me a message that it did.

(Added on)

Random Event Awesome Community 5 - the last two sentences of succeeding at the Blackmail option after discovering the greased wheel is 'To make up for it, you treat him to an icecream. It's not like you can't afford it.' The 'him' isn't linked to your friend character: in this case, I was with Oribal, who's a gal.

Mikka;

Thanks! Represent the Freaks tells you it is a success (and is green) because it has an Automatic Effect: Inform J's Circus: Freak Show. It's a bit confusing because the engine does not differentiate between the Automatic Success and the Failure of the Roll. There's no good way to clear this up in Year 1, unfortunately. ;)

We'll close REAC 5 in DLC 4. :)

This is from a patch 14 game:

[item] Red Crystal Heart

- The +3 bonus to Beguile does not show/function after it is identified with Trial & Error

[pheme] Warp

- the description (+1 to random Incantation subskill, +1 to random Revision subskill) does not match with the effect (+1 to Incantation parent skill, +1 to random Revision subskill)

[location] Gorithnak's Personal Workstation / Vernin Grand Forge

- when I cast 6th Finger on this two locations, the Enchant parent skill goes up more than it should :)

(I'm currently abusing it to buff my character on his various aspects :))

There were some other things that I noticed (like typos) but I can't remember them right now. :)

EDIT: corrected some typos

There's no good way to clear this up in Year 1, unfortunately. :)

I thought we the player can just differentiate it by the fact that a skill check will have a (Skill) next to the action. Like (Climb) Climb the tree!

Well, it's in patch 15.

Event Tavern 19

Concentration option, success (I think, it was blue)

Prudence's bio displays instead of her name

One other I don't know the number of, it was about the Academagia being a maze, which I know could be a lot of events.

The exit for the first always green option was a blank page.

Also, this is a remark. I failed the last Pirate adventure (about the treaty) the first time around and now the adventure has disappeared from the list. So I can't try again. It would be so tedious to start another similar game and go through all the training and motions again, just to complete that adventure (especially a major one). Or I would have to save the game at very short intervals not to lose any adventure opportunities like that, which would be equally tedious. There is no way to know in advance what skills are required, could be anything. I feel I have worked hard on a game for nothing and wasted my time.

Danae;

Thanks as always for the comments!

We plan to show the Skills needed for the next Stage of the Adventure before your select it, in a pop-up window. In Patch 16, Adventures themselves are also color-coded to show difficulty relative to your current Skills (although not yet *which* Skills are necessary.)

Thanks again!

This one I forgot to add in my previous post though it caused such an irritation in my early "game days":

[ability] Re-chart Constellation

- it does not give you (directly) the option to choose which action gains the +3 bonus; instead I was forced to go back and forth to make the randomly chosen action to match with what I really want

[familiar] Pamela (or is it Silent Alice?)

- I chose to not get a familiar at char creation, hence, by default, I get Pamela the Spirit. But at the end of Gera's Letter "adventure arc", there were two choices: first choice would give you Pamela the Spirit and the second choice would give you the "strange doll" (Silent Alice, right?) adventure. I would really like to play through my familiar's adventure arc but alas I can't edit my save game for that to happen.

PS. I do know how to fix the exits in the Mod Tool for this event but the publishing is just wickedly slow.

We plan to show the Skills needed for the next Stage of the Adventure before your select it, in a pop-up window.

I'll closing my eyes when I see the pop-up then. I actually think it's fair to spend a time slot in order to find out what the skills are, and to acquire one of those skills if we don't own any of them. They are yet to be experienced events, we are not supposed to know in advance anyways. Just didn't expect I couldn't try again. I understand you can't start re-doing the whole game now, but the events could have been written in such a way a retry would have been logical in the context.

Are there many adventures that will do that apart from the main ones, just disappear after a failure on the first try? It happened to me in the beginning of at least two clique NPC adventures, and I assumed it was some kind of bad linking.

Possible balance issue I didn't want to post elsewhere : I played around with the game a bit, then when I decided to create my first real character I stumbled upon a spell right from the start. Evaluate Situation. I happened to make a more specific profile, so it might be unlikely that a lot of people will stumble upon it during their first week at the Academagia. But even then, I can boost any sub-skill so high I could do whatever adventure I want so easily (unless all exits require skills and not subskills, which I haven't seen yet). An adventure of the Pirates' difficulty I could have completed within the first month of play or so. Who needs friends or a even a familiar! I could also make money easily thanks to the sub-skill boosting. Not that outreageously useful for exams though, so I don't know whether that spell was intended to be unlocked that early considering it is without any prerequisites or rolls. Maybe the effects last one day too long? If they lasted only one day, no skill could be boosted by more than +8 considering the third slot needs to be used for the adventure or money making activity. Now we can get to +20! And again, the problem seems to me that it can be done from the start if the right general profile is selected. After training the first day I had the spell already.

That spell might have been intended to be some kind of hidden bonus, I don't know. I personally hated getting it that early :) It made the game really boring to me, and I dropped it after two game months. Now I hope people won't be lynching me for saying that or even telling you about it. :) It just felt out of whack that a character could complete a main quest within the first month of play.

Random Event Aranaz Common Room 3: - I attempted to take a group of students out but failed the roll. In that text it says: You hope you won't take any blame for the fiasco, but (?) tells Orsi (...)

Now, I am guessing that Mr. (?) is a student but it looks like a dead link.

Archived