Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Well, it's never happened at the Academagia to the knowledge of the staff, Right? Since there's no way to know until a kid just shows up one day in the Legate's office... Having just used a Gates spell to get there. :)

Would any animals exist in Elumia that we might recognize as dinosaurs?

"...but open it anyway, and are immediately confronted with pages and pages of neatly written anecdotes outlining the doings of some of the more legendary alumni of College Morvidus – some of them quite shocking. You probably shouldn’t be seen carrying this around." Interesting...

Legate, what is "The Wizardly Code"?

And what a sad sad story. I should have read that story by now but I hadn't. Quite interesting. Makes one wonder how she survived all that time, though.

How significant is the inbreeding of the Elumian nobility?

Can it happen you end up marrying your cousins second son who was incidently sired by your own father or something (silly - hopefully!) like that?

A thing that always bugged me about auras (other than the fact that mine seem to be unhealthy.. damned fortune tellers...) is that it would suggest that you "leak" energy or astral power or what have you. Leaking, in my dictionary, means losing though I suppose it might not be such...

Say, Legate, would you happen to know if this aura is tied to how active or perhaps more directly, how inactive you've been with your magic? As in, do you produce som magic and when your body can't contain it anymore does it sort of leak until an equilibrium is established? Or is it the other way maybe, that the aura is created by the casting of spells?

Adrian;

It's not *too* bad at this time, but you can have awkward family connections which form the basis of divorces, scandals and other bits of gossip.

Although there has been a lot of research related to auras, it's not be determined what it's true nature is. Current consensus is that it is a dye, as Free suggests. There are other, more radical theories, however...;)

1) Any theories in there that aren't [redacted]?

2) Also, what is the average amount of kids in a family?

3) Did we see any kind of tattoo on the tongue of the prisoner using just his tongue to cast magic?

4) Is it possible for a mage to do magic trough the bound with his familiar in a chase where he have no wand but i.e. his familiar have one and what are the requirements for this?

5) Are I'm wrong in the assumption that the gate school will teach us a way to do magic without a wand at a probably great personal cost (bounding them self to a greater power)?

Schwarzbart & Free;

1) Muahahahah! I think those you have to read in game. :)

2) On average, I would say 2-3, if you are talking about the Player's family. In the rest of Elumia, commonly you could see families which were much, much larger.

3) Yes, it's possible. It has some unpleasant reactions from law enforcement. ;)

4) Yes.

5) I could not say. ;)

Metis;

No, and not yet!

Schwarzbart;

I'll double check, but my guess is, if it is not so written, then you did not see anything...

Free & Schwarzbart;

It is possible to Incant a snake, so 'real' it is indistinguishable from an actual, non-magical snake. It is possible that this snake would be biddable, by spell design. However, this spell would be so difficult to accomplish and (almost certainly) of such limited duration that it would make it essentially unusable.

So there a lot of things that theoretical can be done with Negation but there is no known mage who managed them, that open a interesting perspective for all Durand Students who aim to expand on this field.

It (this and the incant snake thing) almost confirm my theory(Remember Glammour can do Mastery? ) that you can do pretty much what you want with every pillar as long as you have the necessary skill... However this "skill" might be on gods or beyond level.

I would think it would be a waste of energy to do that, though. The only reasons that I can see for using one pillar when another is better is 1, the better one is illegal, or 2, you go the omni path and use both, having the lesser pillar to enhance the better.

1) Are there glamour spells that really affect something like cutting a tree or wounding someone and not just tricking the senses?

While I can actual see someone die from a glamour overload his senses and so the person die from the shock I don't see how cutting a tree, wounding someone or making a bridge that can crossed are possible ... unless there is some kind of phantom magic also included in glamour.

2) Is there something like a Dream Realm?