Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1) Will the Year 2 mod tools have the ability to check up where a item, spell, Pheme is given, used or removed?

(its not realy important if this search is fast or not just that it is possible.)

2) What info is planed that we can see in the import tool about our character?

3) Will the import tool show the mods used before even try to import a save?

2) It has pretty much everything. Right now, all the hidden stats are shown, too, although my guess is that will be turned off for the release.

I don't know what Y2 (and beyond) has the hidden stats do, but regardless I recommend that the option to show hidden stats is retained in the release version, if behind an .ini setting or...heck, inputting the Konami Code on a certain window or something. Confirmation that the import succeeded (particularly when modded changes get involved), ability to screen your character for any funny business that Y1 didn't rapport or stuff that should have worked but actually didn't, that sort of stuff.

Yes.... "Bug hunting"... That's what I'll use it for. surely.... :)

One of the small problems I have in Y1 is that even if I wanted to specialize in a skill, the level cap ensures that being well rounded is the favored strategy.

After all, since you can't get to 20 (reasonably, *cough*schwarzbart*cough*) due to the level cap, a student will inevitably wind up wasting potential increases in the later game as you already hit the cap, and thus you wind up looking at skills that you wouldn't normally raise.

While that seems funny coming from an omnidisciplinarian, I merely point out that I do not expect to have all my pillar skills on even footing in the coming years and I am slightly worried that I might still hit a level cap in a skill like negation, forcing me down the dark path of Evil Magic ™

I'm mostly worried about this in Y2, as I expect that as years go on it will be far less likely for me to hit that upper edge of what the game will let me do simply because I will be stretched too thin on my skills to do so. Tell me, Legate, can you give us an estimate for the length of time required to raise a skill from 10 to 20 in Y2? Will classes do so or will they only teach the new advanced skills to 10?

lol Freespace you count the days till year 2 is here?

And I don't realy expect that the team make it public how to turn on the hidden statts display unless there is a bug reported where this info would help. I just hope they don't remove suche useful debuging functions.

lol, not quite.

I just did a quick calculation online to figure out how many days its been since y1's release.

Although if I did know the date Y2 would come out I would set up a timer.

I kept track of the number of days required to pass before I got out of the military, back when I was in. There's something calming about quantifying the amount of suffering required

"Yes.... "Bug hunting"... That's what I'll use it for. surely.... :)" Bwhahaha!

Also, I believe your signature confirms Half-Life 3, not the release date of Y2. :)

"Tell me, Legate, can you give us an estimate for the length of time required to raise a skill from 10 to 20 in Y2? Will classes do so or will they only teach the new advanced skills to 10?"

There's a semi-random component to it, so it's difficult to estimate directly. It's harder than in Y1, as you'll see.

Classes teach up to 10 in the Advanced Skills, as you guess, but *some* Classes can help you increase up to 20 more easily/predictably.

With seeing what adventures we did and Glory promised to be displayed in year 2 I don't realy think there are to many info left that is hidden from the player that is interesting or useful.

But back to questions:

Will College rivality make it more difficult to learn the special skills of the rivial college?

With seeing what adventures we did and Glory promised to be displayed in year 2 I don't realy think there are to many info left that is hidden from the player that is interesting or useful.

Personally I'm mostly thinking about CoS boosters and/or CoD reductions that you can get from high-level Favor. It'd be really nice to be able to see those import into Y2, because there's no way to check whether they went through otherwise and whether they properly stacked with extra copies of the same bonuses and/or modded bonuses gotten from wherever. It doesn't help that some of those come in the form of straight screwing with the numbers, whereas others come in the form of Abilities that may or may not still exist in Y2.

Schwarzbart & Lilette;

Will College rivality make it more difficult to learn the special skills of the rivial college?

No, not particularly.

Will the Professors from Y1 be returning in Y2 in some function? I'm hoping we'll learn more about Ringraeyer and her less than upstanding heritage.

Yes, they are all back in some capacity or another. Some more so than others.

What happens if I teach an entire college mastery of Gates? Does Durand get expelled then? Do they execute all the students? Do they use illegal Mastery to erase their memories? Does the Year 1 conversion tool even take into account when I do weird things like get my relationship with a random student to 20(permanently)? Should I teach my familiar Gates? Will I ever need to make a 50(attribute)+15(Gates) roll or am I overdoing it? gates

Do they use illegal Mastery to erase their memories?

The kind of legal Syncronicity could be the solution in this case as it can be used to unlink memorys.

Will I ever need to make a 50(attribute)+15(Gates) roll or am I overdoing it?

We already have rolls over 20 in year 1 and the upper difficultys will be increase by ~10 each year so you will end with rolls where you need to get a 60 in year 5 but chances is that you have Gate 40-50 and only attribute 20-30 then.

It was mentioned repeatly that the attributes will lose their meaning over the years.

Personally I'm mostly thinking about CoS boosters and/or CoD reductions that you can get from high-level Favor. It'd be really nice to be able to see those import into Y2, because there's no way to check whether they went through otherwise and whether they properly stacked with extra copies of the same bonuses and/or modded bonuses gotten from wherever. It doesn't help that some of those come in the form of straight screwing with the numbers, whereas others come in the form of Abilities that may or may not still exist in Y2.

Actually, it's easy to make a mod with Emotions like "CoD 1%", "CoD" 2%, "Glory 1", "Glory 2" etc. that will inform you about the current values of these stats. But yeah, it's more convenient if it will be more accessible.

Unfortunately for removing Gates knowledge the illegal Mastery is the Mastery you'll need. Sync could do it, to some extent, but not with any degree of practicality.

Interesting point on modding emotions, but for CoS boosts at least that's sadly completely impractical. There's a ton of stuff you can get CoS boosts with, so covering everything is just not practical.