Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I have a question about Mastery vs Glamour when it comes to influencing emotions. How can a person tell the difference between Glamour or Mastery when it's done to them? I'm asking because of Magsa's actions in Zorzi's Note.

Also, is it possible for a student to change colleges every year? Like starting in Aranaz and then switching to Morvidus in Y2 then going to Vernin and etc? And if so, what would be the consequences?

And then there's the matter of Katja. If you don't help her, or manage to fail her adventure, does this mean she won't appear in later years?

First of all to switch to a different College you need actual be very good in the topics the College teach and I suspect this will be more and more difficult to manage especial when core class of a College no longer are taught to the other College (Year 3 or 4). I personal think its theoretical possible to be in 5 different College over your 5 years at Academagica but its doubtful any player will manage this without some cheating.

It would be interesting to try for a different college every year, but it would take a lot of discipline to raise all of your skills to that point. You probably couldn't do a full omni path like I do, instead you'd need to plan it out and completely ignore the skills of the 2 colleges you aren't going to attend. And maybe drop a skillset after you've finished a year. And Probably ignore Gates and Mastery too.

The character would probably be one of the least liked students at school as well since we've been told that there will be relationship drops when switching colleges. If all of the studying doesn't kill you the insane amount of bullying might haha!

Legate, in lore, has there been a student that has switched colleges more than twice? (Excluding before the prohibitions)

I have a question about Mastery vs Glamour when it comes to influencing emotions. How can a person tell the difference between Glamour or Mastery when it's done to them? I'm asking because of Magsa's actions in Zorzi's Note.

Also, is it possible for a student to change colleges every year? Like starting in Aranaz and then switching to Morvidus in Y2 then going to Vernin and etc? And if so, what would be the consequences?

And then there's the matter of Katja. If you don't help her, or manage to fail her adventure, does this mean she won't appear in later years?

I quote this in hope the Legate see your questions as well

About switching college I think to remember that the Legate already mentioned once that it is possible to switch College at the start of all years but you will missing the deep of the education only visiting a single College offers. Also you will make many enemies that way as the Students of your former College will like you much less.

Not sure if it helps, but from what I've noticed when I was trying to determine the date previously with DLC 16, the Felicitatis (History class) adventure seems to be available for a range of days prior to the 25th. I haven't really checked the extent of the range recently since usually just check every day around the 22nd and do it as soon as it's available.

Oan's Adventure mentions a Spell - 'Aura of Cemoros' that I can't find in the ModTools. The MC uses it to attract moths that then light up the darkness at his behest. But what does it actually do? Attract critters, or all animals? Is the talking part of it, or was that just the MC being savvy?

Also, will Year 2 have Gravity Ball?

Apologies if these questions have been asked before.

What level of skill do the numbers in skills and attributes represent? By which I mean how intelligent/charming/strong is the average person? Is someone with twice the average intelligence score twice as smart? What level of cooking score represents someone who cooks for their family versus someone who cooks in an average resturant versus someone who is a top-tier chef?

Also how common are wizards? What is their pay/position in society like compared to the average person? And can anyone learn magic, or does it require a certain 'spark'?

IIRC an attribute of 1 is considered average, and anything beyond that is pretty much just speculation. Skill level 10/11 is generally the extend that anyone with enough time and a textbook can pick up without having to do serious research or finding a tutor (which, yes, will play into advancing skills further in Y2), although some part-time jobs don't even require that much.

Wizards aren't common due to the cost and difficulty of studying, but in theory everyone could learn magic. There are exceptions, but they're just that - exceptions.