Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Hence why I said "near enough" 50/50.

Also, as you demonstrate, as we increase the resolution (by which I mean the amount of possible numbers we can generate between one integer and the next) towards infinity, our probability of success will invariably tend towards 50/50.

Not only that, but since the minimum number you generate is 0 and the maximum will always be even (being 2 times your attribute), you will always have an odd number of possibilities - so either you will never have a black check, or it has to class scenarios like this where you are required to role equal to your attribute or higher as the black check.

Assuming that the dice is in no way weighted - which they may well be.

They must be weighed, if getting an even 50/50 chance isn't possible despite the game's claims to the contrary.

What's most puzzling is that in the three different explanations you can find of the game's color-coding mechanic (the hidden "difficulty" lore, the old manual, and the actual(ly correct) game) black being an even 50/50 chance is consistent. So I can't excuse this as being some sort of weird hastily added/unfinished beta thing.

1. Are historians employed by states or lineages, in a way akin to Chinese official histories, or are they mostly private scholars and researchers?

2. Are there issues in the history of Cyve that are extremely politicized and controversial?

3. Will Y2 and future years involve gaining a better understanding of true history, akin to the Dance of Fools Adventure?

4. are historians generally aware of and free to discuss major gaps in the historical record or knowledge?

5. Is the law in Elumia codified, or is it based on precedent/common law or a combination?

6. are trials adversarial or inquisitorial?

7. Are there trials by ordeal, trials by jury, or trials by compurgation?

8. Is oath-helping or truth-detecting/anti-lying magic accepted in trials?

9. Could a Y1 student face an adult punishment in a court? what about a person of that age?

2. Take the ban of Mastery and Gate magic and the unban of the same, this are always political and controversial.

9. Practical in game no. Theoretical sure take Gate and Mastery magic if you just started to learn you will cloistered if your knowledge is deeper you will be killed no mater the age. Only social standing will make a difference then.

The terminology is proper (as far as I know), it's just that (again, as far as I know) Cyve, being the name of the actual planet, can refer to either the surface world exclusively or both the surface and Choris depending on context. My mind defaulted to the former definition, which (to me) made little sense in context with the question, hence why I asked.

Frankly it's been far too long since I really delved into the lore. Might be time for another question threat binge...

EDIT: Legate, can something be done about the ridiculous double line break issues plaguing practically every post made before the forum update?

Edited by Metis

17 hours ago, Rhialto said:

1. Are historians employed by states or lineages, in a way akin to Chinese official histories, or are they mostly private scholars and researchers?

2. Are there issues in the history of Cyve that are extremely politicized and controversial?

3. Will Y2 and future years involve gaining a better understanding of true history, akin to the Dance of Fools Adventure?

4. are historians generally aware of and free to discuss major gaps in the historical record or knowledge?

5. Is the law in Elumia codified, or is it based on precedent/common law or a combination?

9. Could a Y1 student face an adult punishment in a court? what about a person of that age?

@Legate of Mineta you missed this question block

Schwarzbart;

Thanks!

Private, generally, although they sometimes have the patronage of a court.

That depends from state to state and prince to prince- certainly the issue of how an Emperor ought to be selected is very contentious.

I would certainly say yes. ;)

Free to discuss, yes- aware of major gaps? Perhaps not as much.

Common, derived from Imperial Law, primarily.

It depends on where you are, but in the City, they are inquisitorial.

Depending on where you are, yes, yes, and yes.

Almost always yes, if both parties have access to it.

There isn't a specific distinction made between an adult and a child for serious crimes- so, definitely. :) 

So I just noticed that with the forum update we no longer seem to have any option to change the font. Eh...fix please?

Also I just discovered the Preview button, with handy tablet and mobile view. Like a mobile phone could handle this bloated mess, right?

3 hours ago, Metis said:

we no longer seem to have any option to change the font

[FONT=Arial]Oh is it?[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]That's a good question.[/FONT]

[FONT=Impact]let's see...[/FONT]

Edit: yup, it doesn't work.

I was wondering: is Satyric revelry the primary skill for having a wild, possibly drunken, party that is a fun success rather than a cause of hard feelings and injuries? And will satyric revelry become more important in higher years as students become less supervised and have greater ability to engage in wild, possibly drunken, partying? or am I misinterpreting the skill?

Is Gasparo Vasari a professor at the Academagia? If so, what does he teach?

And how advanced is a negation spell to detect traces of magic? Could a Y1 student cast it? and is it more difficult to cast such a spell to detect traces of gates or mastery?

Rhi;

For Gasparo, I think you have to find out more about him in the game...I'm not sure I can say anything. ;)

It's not necessarily any more difficult to cast to find traces of Gates or Mastery and Year 1 Students can do it- not very efficiently or well, but they can. Likely they would be able to detect fresh castings the easiest.