Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

2 hours ago, freespace2dotcom said:

Remember that Mineta is the Capital of the Old Empire. Technically, most of Elumia belongs or belonged to this empire so, it would be awfully weird for Mineta to have any diplomatic ties in that way. It would be beneath the dignity for an empire to establish "foreign relations" with an entity that it has some ancient claim on.

Mineta may have been the capital of the Empire but it is just that. The former capital not the Empire itself.

If the Legate of Mineta is anything like the Prefect of Rome (and later Constantinople) then he basically has no power outside the city itself at least de jure.

The problem that I see for formal foreign relationship is that Mineta itself is not really a state in theory but just a city ruled by civilians. Think Washington DC with no President or Congress (or statehood) but with a Mayor ruling day and day bussiness and still claiming to be part of the USA.

How does Washington DC works in an America where all states are de facto independents but still pay lip service to the federation ? Not really well imo.

As for foreign relationship  every Empire  had those, yes even hegemonic Empires like Rome and Persia or China altough not necessarily regarding the other party as an equal ;) .(or even as fully sovereign :p)

And since Alefsan doesn't seem to regard itself as part of the Empire, I don't see why they could not have an embassy in Mineta proper.

I believe Free was asking if there is any widely known Dragon from the times of the Exiles/Second Captivity (since from what I understood the First Captivity was ended by the New Gods) that is still living by the time of year 1.

Widely known Dragons because we actually know some very old Dragons are still alive. Something to do with a talking book and his buddies. ;) 

isadorbg;

Oh no, there are no known living Dragons from that time. Also, [Redacted].

Rhi;

The City of Mineta does not engage in foreign diplomacy, although the Captain of Mineta has unofficial relations with many nearby states.

Alesfa is very distant, and surrounded by hostile nations- it's not very likely that they are aware. That may be Malthezar's function, in a way.

1. Has Academagia had any Alesfan student/s before?

2. Does Mineta maintain a census of human mages and mages in training?

3. Do the Alesfan diplomats have diplomatic immunity?

4. Are the Alesfan diplomats meeting with or being courted by merchants to explore commercial opportunities in Alesfa?

1. What cultural background is associated with the name Magsa Nembo? I am not asking whether this is the cultural background of Magsa Nembo, nor whether he would claim this cultural background as his own. I hope that this question can therefore get a non-redacted answer.

2. Is there confusion among non-mages about the distinction between glamour and mastery magic?

3. Do students from given regions have student associations at Academagia, such as the Merilien Students' Association?

2) Glamour affect the senses while Mastery the mind at last for non-mages that need to know, but that should be extrem few as mastery is banned for generations of non mages now. I suspect there also many people for who Magic is Magic and don't care how the school is called that teach a specific form of magic.

Edit: Actual I suspect if a commoner know that Mastery is a school of magic that it is already a reason to investigate where this knowledge comes from as he shouldn't know this at all.

1) Are dark-skinned people viewed as a curiosity in Mineta maybe even to the level of a freak?

2) Are here enclaves of dark-skinned people within the usual reach of Academagia for students?

3) Is the most common way to see a exotic dark skinned human a circus or are there other places to see them "regular"? (Beside visit the Alesfan diplomat)

4) How common is it that parents have to take a loan just to pay the tuition and expected bi-weekly pocket money for their child at Academagia?

on 4, I suspect not too common, if only because the average parent is pretty well off and nobody would want to pay interest on a 'princely' tuition loan.

5. Legate, what is the poorest student to come to the Academagia and what became of this person after graduation?