Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Mmh... . Weren't you the one theorising that Shohanwicht might have a somewhat "negative" attitude towards Gates mages that are not part of it ?

I do think that that may be a possibility. However, whether that effects entrance entrance or not, I have no clue.

Honestly, I agree that you shouldn't need to have Gates parents to be accepted by the community. Perhaps they will not be happy with unconnected Gates students and you'll have to work overtime to prove you're worthy.

Or they won't care because you've been careful enough to evade detection on your own. It could go either way and it might even depend on variables outside your own knowledge.

As I've said I don't especially care since I don't really intend to go down that avenue myself. I do think it should be far more open for students in Y2.

If that theory proves to be true, you won't be able to avoid the school of Gates if you wish to study that pillar.

Yes, I think I've mentioned this before also. Since I intend to be independent it may require some intense diplomacy to remain so without making them very, very angry.

Schohanwicht, on terms that aren't really unclear by any stretch of the definition, make it clear that if you do something they really don't like, they'll burn down your entire family and home village to make sure any inconvenient bits of news are quickly quelled and forgotten about. Somehow I don't think their courtesy towards non-students is going to be any better than that.

That said...I guess I should. Don't want to, but...bah. Gone too long, never had a chance to begin with, really...meh. Fine. Legate, I hope you like insanity :).

To be clear, when they at Schohanwicht threatened those things, they pointed out that they had a relative fondness for the player, and simply explained that they were willing to go to extreme measures to protect their lives, identities, and magic practices. You really could take that as begging you not to make them do those things.

If you don't join them, and you're a Gates mage yourself, if you condemn them, you're really condemning yourself along with them. I don't think that they would go to the trouble of doing those things to your familiy/town/pet Gerbil just because you told them you won't join them. It would have to be a solid threat to them, which you aren't. And Honestly, I expect that Euneycia is sort of the doorkeeper for new students anyway. Nobody gets access to Schohanwicht without first being vetted by her. If a potential student gives her up, it shows they weren't for Gates and the school isn't endangered. All Euneycia has to do is move... Again... Because she even warns the player that that's what she's had to do because of her vetting potential students.

1) Can someone give me the meaning of the bold part in the quote below from the "Misunderstood Master Arts-Instruction" lore?

If after this consideration you feel your changes are justified it is important to next choose what ink and hand you will need in order to make your forgery believable.

Oftentimes a particular ink is used for particular inks. It would be best to have the paper you wish to forge in front of you in order to be sure on what strokes and colors you should use.

Schwarzbart;

A private library can hold any book you'd like to place there, which means that you can make it less focused than the libraries which you've discovered. There are also some drawbacks using the discovered locations, in that some of them may be frequented by people whom you'd rather not have know about your research. :)

Will most merchants remain unchanged in Y2? That wasn't really a focus in Y1 for obvious reasons but there are a few 'ehem' totally legit and legal books I'd like to get my hands on. It's just that the fact that some of them glow in the dark makes them suspicious looking and I'd rather save the time and effort by avoiding them being seen for that reason. :)

Legate, you've said that starting up the library will cost a certain amount of pims based largely on how secure you care for it to be. Will that be for the whole year? And at what times will we be able to set it up? Right after summer break starts?

Well, there is that "Negate-all-magic" branch of Negation that you probably wouldn't want others to know you're learning. Plus there might be loud noises and smelly things you want to work on too. Not necessarily illegal per se.

1) Could a player whos parent live in Mineta go home each day in year 2? I.e. to visit the library he set up at her/his parents home.

2) Could a player with the secret background easy visit her/his parent each day in year 2?

3) Will Schohanwicht offer a location for the player to set up a library? (it is probably at a other place then the school it self and the keystone will cost the player)

4) Will Schohanwicht claim the books back we "lend" in year 1 or ask for a compensation in case the player no longer have them?

5) Will Schohanwicht claim the wand back we found there or in case this is not possible ask for a compensation in year 2?

6) Will some of the visitation rights we got in year 1 withdraw in year 2? I.e. the Gorithnak’s Personal Workstation.

7) Will we be able to set the Schohanwicht School as place to explore in year 2? I think there probably some more library and gates to other places to be found there if one start to look.

Schwarzbart;

1) In an abstract sense, I believe so. It won't be like the Vacation interaction, though.

2) Easy? Yess....although it would be similar to 1.

3) No, although enterprising Students might be able to...

4) Claim them. You...do not want to mislay them...;)

5) I don't know about that one.

6) Yes.

7) I don't think it's like that in Y2, no, although there's no reason it couldn't be!

1. Are there schools in Mineta which cater specifically to those Academagia students who want to meet the prerequisites for their next year's classes during the summer months?

2. For those of us living in Mineta, what does it take to get limited access to the Academy campus during the summer break? Can you get a part-time job helping the school brace for the end of summer? At least at the Venalicium?

3. Exactly what does the school do in the summer besides research? I imagine that things tend to be somewhat more casual without all the mischief makers and messes to clean up? Or do the professors do a little bit of that themselves when nobody's looking? ;)

4. For those of us Gates users that don't have any family connections to Schohanwicht, would it be possible to just chill out in Mineta for however long the travel time normally would be and then *pop* back home conveniently when expected? That would be really cool. :) (not in front of the parents, of course, silly legate)

5. Would we have the duration for our magic to move all of our stuff home in Mineta?

6. Since Duration is a key limitation to our magic skills, I want to ask if there are specific skills for enhancing that for each pillar, or if it is more of a general OMNI skill. :)

Legate, where is Godina Park on the map of the Academagia? It seems like there are just too many artifacts and miscellaneous magical trinkets there that I personally have an interest in, hehe. Oh, and to be clear, Can you explain exactly what the crystal bridge crosses, and does one have to be standing on it to get into trouble? Or just near it? I smell something very intriguing. hehehe.