Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1.) What do nobles who are too low on the line of succession tend to do for a living?

2.) What would the general reaction be for someone to discover that a student in the academagia has an entire library of nothing but research on dragons? Including things like physical remains, Theories on their magic, Books written in their language and the likes.

3.) Which student has the most wealthy family?

4.) Did any of the alumni of Icanicix and Kazus vanish off the face of the islands when the banning occurred?

5.) What kind of reputation would someone who consistently changed colleges every few years gain?

6.) Is there any religious tradition of Hermitage that is fairly well known in educated circles?

7.) It has been mentioned that in year two the player has the option to mentor a younger student. Does the game take into account things like how many days you missed or the likes when offering this? Or is it solely based on grades? Because it sounds hilarious if someone missed every single day of class and gained the ability to mentor someone based only on the grades they achieved.

Hopeluv;

1) What isadorbg wrote. :)

2) The general reaction in the Academagia? If their nose is clean, so to speak, there might be a few raised eyebrows, but nothing substantive.

3) Yep, it's Chard.

4) Yes.

5) What isadorbg wrote. :)

6) Certainly- some of the Monastic Orders have such traditions.

7) And the Regents, yes.

1. With Durand the student's love for history, was it his name, family tradition, inclination, or all three or some combination or none of those three factors that led him into Durand the College rather than Aranaz College?

2. Does Regent-Professor Badcrumble have training in theology? Is it common for astrologers to have training in theology?

Edited by Rhialto
Made a very stupid error; corrected.

1) So what would the answer to the player if (s)he ask "Durand do you know why you ended up in Durand? To me it looks like you would do great in Aranaz as well" after success with the "The Dance of Fools" Holiday adventure? :P

2) Will we be able to learn a thing or 2 about Bond from the Duke of Broken Pines in the next years? (I still think that he have far greater understanding when it comes to Bond then nearly all mages)

On 21/09/2016 at 6:09 AM, Schwarzbart said:

1) Wait, what? So my char with class skills at real 11 will be seen as prodigy? Will this change how the char is handled in year 2 (Beside the chance for the extra class)?

2) Could it be that the player char is strongly suggested in year 2 to change to Durand because he did some adventures that give favor for Regent Briardy? (looking at my current RPG char he got already many favor points from adventure for Professor Briardy)

On 21/09/2016 at 6:48 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Schwarzbart;

1) If not a prodigy, then certainly very advanced.

2) It could be...;)

Did this change ?

Because now it's not so rare to have half the class score over 100 in a magical class by the end-term exams. And for certain non-magical class most of the student do.

Actually this is a follow up to a previous question of free where he specifically ask if reaching 10 in a skill is badass:

On 20/09/2016 at 1:02 PM, freespace2dotcom said:

3. You've mentioned that in the past, pre-ban era, a student capable of getting a skill level of at least 10 in their first year would see their schooling experience transform by quite a bit. Are there any students who are known to have met this criteria in the past? (whether or not they graduated with mastery over any pilars is a whole other question I won't ask.. Unless you'll tell anyway. :) )

3) Sure. Not even that long ago - Octavia Egidi's mother, Francesca Bandini, was a Negation prodigy; her final first-year essay on hypothetical models of Negation resonance ended up getting adapted as a chapter for a textbook for fifth years. Malacresta Vercesi was actually thought to be on track for the same kind of dominance in Astrology in first year, but opting for Aranaz rather than Avila probably cost him.

...no comments on 26-31, yet. :)

To which the Legate answer: absolutely !

What I quoted previously is similar. Which is why I am wondering how reaching 10 can be that awesome when in my playtrough in History for exemple you had 8 student who has a score below 100 (in a total of 27 !!!) and in those 8, 3 scored above 90.

So yeah does not seem that awesome to me anymore except if we have a genius generation in the making. ;) 

I think that a Logodedalo is an attempt to form a noun from the word Logodaedaly, meaning skillful invention of words. A Logodedalo would therefore be one skilled in inventing words. The more proper term wold be Logodaedalist. That having been said, I do not mind the term Logodedalo because it is indicative in its incorrectness of the school newspaper's free-wheeling nature and less than exceptional competence (at least is Sigalis's adventure be any indication).

1. Are there any scholars who speculate that the world of Cyve below the sky islands is a draconic glamour?

2. Since the sky islands are so high above the apparent world Cyve, is it easy to determine that Cyve is a sphere? is the sphericity and motion of Cyve known about in scholarly and/or general circles?

Edited by Rhialto
Bungled my initial reply

5 minutes ago, Metis said:

...That's it? Just "I"? Logodedalo translates to I?

I apologize. My finger slipped as I was writing my fuller answer. A Logodedalo would be one skilled in inventing words.

3. Are special watches kept over Kazus and Icanix colleges to ensure that people do not break in to search for forbidden magics? how realistic would such hopes by a searcher be?

4. Is Professor Leith aware of the irony of teaching a secretive discipline (sleight of hand) near the college building for an illegal pillar of magic?

5. If people could develop mastery phemes and spells that would only work on Animals and dragons, would that lead to Mastery's ban being lifted? Would it be legal to even attempt such research into such new phemes?

Edited by Rhialto
Added more questions

Rhi;

1. Are there any scholars who speculate that the world of Cyve below the sky islands is a draconic glamour?

No.

2. Since the sky islands are so high above the apparent world Cyve, is it easy to determine that Cyve is a sphere? is the sphericity and motion of Cyve known about in scholarly and/or general circles?

It is, and the size has been calculated several times. Those measurements don't always agree of course.

3. Are special watches kept over Kazus and Icanix colleges to ensure that people do not break in to search for forbidden magics? how realistic would such hopes by a searcher be?

If there are, they are well hidden.

4. Is Professor Leith aware of the irony of teaching a secretive discipline (sleight of hand) near the college building for an illegal pillar of magic?

You'd have to ask him. :)

5. If people could develop mastery phemes and spells that would only work on Animals and dragons, would that lead to Mastery's ban being lifted? Would it be legal to even attempt such research into such new phemes?

Mastery doesn't seem to work on Dragons, Animal Mastery certainly hasn't been able to lift the Ban before. :) 

I seem to recall Kazus being famed for Mastering a young dragon. So I would think that Mastery can work on dragons, situationally. Frankly given that dragons are probably experts on Mastery, and that knowledge of Mastery can lead to defensive benefits against the same, I would suspect that it would not be completely impossible, merely very difficult to Master one.I also think that Salvitore di Cossa is capable of the that, and that's why he summoned one back then. It's little wonder why someone who knows both Gates and Mastery would inspire a lot of fear even if they were fairly decent people.