Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

So...basically even more dumbed down "achievements" that can be traded as glorified coupons? Apparently at a rate that barely doesn't require Zimbabwe dollars to accurately measure their value?

Whatever happened to playing a game because you wanted to play a game? Did that concept get thrown out the window last I checked or what?

Oh cards drop despite what you do in gameplay. So if you just leave the game on for a period of time, you still get the card. But yeah, they have little to no value unless you get to sell them for around $0.23 cents. I got lucky once with a $2.46 card but those are rare.

I really don't give a damn about achievements though I still see them as potential guidelines for alternative gameplay routes though that usually only apply to rpgs.

So...can someone explain to me what changed between the years I spend playing games because kids liked to play games and the modern day where apparently it's a worthwhile investment to have an omni-present RNG flail around 23 cent carrots on digital sticks everywhere? I quite clearly recall that not being a necessary ritual back in the good old days...

A lot of things have changed from the old days. As time progresses people find all sorts of ways to add new gimmicks.

You can either accept it, ignore it, or contest it, but those options aren't always considered equally by the ones putting out the gimmicks.

So, 'bout the Steam page:

Artifice/Enchant, Astrology, Glamour, Incantation, Negation and Revision? 6? I recall that Orthography got demoted, but...

Also, pretty sure Gates/Mastery are pillars of magic in their own right, just...not legal ones.

Enchant is not a pillar.

And yes Gates and Mastery are the banned one. So 5 + the 2 forbidden ones.

Interesting. Might have missed it

From what I understood of Legate old answers Artifice and Enchant are not the same thing. One is the Art of creating object, the other being the Art of well enchanting objects.

Orthography is part Glammour, part Enchant so it does not really fall under Artifice. No surprise since it was its own pillar.

May I ask where it has been confirmed to be a pillar tough ?

Because the sentence Metis complains about has been there forever in the Academagia website.

M;

I'll ask. :)

"There are plenty of names, but the most common (and the most annoying to certain professors at the Academagia) is "Glamour Town." The prostitutes themselves have their appearances accentuated, of course, but there are also shops and vendors that arrange disguises for the clients as well. :)"

Bwahaha!

So utterly fitting it hurts!

I suppose afterward they have to go to Negation town to get treated for diseases, heh.