Black Chicken Studios Forums

Problems with DLC

LenaMarie

Hey all, newbie Mage here, I just got the game on impulse sale because it looked fun but im having problems. Firstly, Im on Windows 7 64 bit, and i have the game installed to C:\Games so I dont have UAC issues. Also Im using the latest patch (17) from the stick in the Update fourm.

When I start a new game, as long as I dont use Riddles of the Queen, it loads fine and plays normally. However, it wont let me use the DLC, when trying I get this Error, "System Error Occured, Application will be terminated" which pops up 2 times and then it quits out of the game. I tried making a game without the DLC to see if I can turn it on later, but the option does not seem to be there. Can anyone help me? I'd like to use the DLC and any future DLCs that might be made.

Thanks for any help

WitchLena;

Alright, I think I know what we can do:

First, download Patch 17 from the site: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1308

Next, navigate to your Academagia folder and delete all the files inside which also appear in Patch 17. The important ones are:

Mods (folder)

Academagia.Core.dll

Academagia.exe

Academagia.UI.dll

Common.dll

ContentModel.dll

GameLogic.dll

Storage.dll

...make sure you delete them, and do not overwrite them with the ones from Patch 17! As an alternative, you can just delete the Mods folder if you do not want to upgrade to Patch 17.

Finally, move the files from Patch 17 into your Academagia folder. Run Academagia.exe as Administrator, and you should have no further problems.

If you do, please let me know, and thanks!

Hey all, newbie Mage here, I just got the game on impulse sale because it looked fun but im having problems. Firstly, Im on Windows 7 64 bit, and i have the game installed to C:\Games so I dont have UAC issues. Also Im using the latest patch (17) from the stick in the Update fourm.

When I start a new game, as long as I dont use Riddles of the Queen, it loads fine and plays normally. However, it wont let me use the DLC, when trying I get this Error, "System Error Occured, Application will be terminated" which pops up 2 times and then it quits out of the game. I tried making a game without the DLC to see if I can turn it on later, but the option does not seem to be there. Can anyone help me? I'd like to use the DLC and any future DLCs that might be made.

Thanks for any help

I have the same issue, precisely. I am also running Windows 7, 64 bit, downloaded from Steam yesterday.

However, last night I was able to run the game, with DLC, from the shortcut as administrator. Today, nothing works except removing the DLC(starting a new game with the box unchecked).

Hrm.

Archived