Black Chicken Studios Forums

Year 2 and beyond?

LenaMarie

hey all, I was wondering if anyone can answer some questions. I finally beat year one and I was wondering, if Year Two and others are going to be expansion pack deals or full fledged games in their own right. Also will I be able to import my mage into the subsequent years ala Mass Effect? I'd love to keep my mage and her familiar and items.

Also, maybe I missed it in Year One, but is there plans for a "Epic" Over arching Main storyline? One that will span all years and bring insight into the world outside of the school? It might be cliche' but I think the idea of being a sort of Harry Potter is pretty cool, the mage student that gets caught up in major events! It could be fun for some people.

Thanks

WitchLena;

Yes, your Character, all your Friends, Items, Statistics, Familiar, Spells and Phemes, etc. will be imported directly over- the process will actually be mostly seamless: you'll take whichever save you like best and load it. Your Character and most situations will continue on just as they were.

Academagia already has more than one Epic overarching storylines in it. Which they are, of course, won't be truly apparent until later years. It's hard to foresee the consequences of your actions...;)

Thanks for replying! That all sounds great, I cant wait to see what surprises Year Two holds for my young mage :) Im glad there are epic missions, I know some people like to role-play as ordinary people, but I for one enjoy role-playing as extraordinary characters, luckily It seems these epic missions are optional, so everyone in happy.

Now for the hard part: Waiting for Year Two ;)

Mat;

We can't speculate on Years 3-5, but Year 2 will be out in 2012. Edit, Revise. Edit, Revise. :(

well given 2 years per year thats 8 years before the last title... im pretty sure i wont want to play this when im 30. depressing. in fact in light of that knowledge, im quitting now. no use spending my free time on a game ill never see the completion of...

byes.

You know that that every good game takes it time to devlope the next episode? I.E. The Elder Scroll Saga started as a MS DOS game (1993) and Bethesda Soft only released a new Episod every vew years (5 is anounced for 2011) or Mass Effect needed over 2 years.

So just enjoy what you have now and think about the next years when they are released. (And hope the team get enough money to continue theyr work because they are Independend)

You know that that every good game takes it time to devlope the next episode? I.E. The Elder Scroll Saga started as a MS DOS game (1993) and Bethesda Soft only released a new Episod every vew years (5 is anounced for 2011) or Mass Effect needed over 2 years.

To be fair, some are considering that year 1-5 as one complete game instead of 5 complete game so is like waiting 8 years for the next Mass Effect.

Yes, this game is definitely a full game content wise, but still give the incomplete feel unlike Mass Effect. Everyone have different view on this, but for me, since this is a heavily story based game, it missing the antagonist, the Voldemort that keep giving and hinting the feeling of impending doom as we creep closer to the end of the year that you have or not have to interfere since the other professor will stop him if you fail.

There have a duel system, but it's only usage is vendetta, which is pretty much off limit for a good moral student, and not able to put all those awesome incantation or negation up to good use against the Big Bad's illegal Gate's monster underling or resisting his Mystery or saving fellow student from the mind control with negation or something equally exciting.

I'm still leaning toward as a full game of course, but I would be greatly disappointed if year two lack a emerging world destroying baddies that would constantly screwing you one way or other to make your educating life somewhat difficult.

Eh ! There's already pirates ! And some adventures (long ones !) with Orso Orsi are really interesting. So there's already some "action", but you need to get enough skills to go to adventure. And that is the real issue. If you "screw" your character, you can't do any adventure and you'll miss the most interesting part of the game.

So just enjoy what you have now and think about the next years when they are released. (And hope the team get enough money to continue theyr work because they are Independend)

Yeah plus its seems like DLCs are released about once a month and they are free...

Edit: I have been wondering, in year 2 will we be able to be a mentor for a year 1? Would love to have a little year 1 running around doing stuff for me :(

Ther was a Posting from Legate that not every one will be a mentor but when you have a High Standing and Finished the Main Quest on the side of the Headmaster your chances a very High that you will be a Mentor.

Which is the main quest? Just finishing the first year? Or one of the adventures lines?

A Note From The Headmaster ist the Main Adventure from Orso Orsi. Its one of the more difficult adventures in the game and as mentioned if you start this adventure the other main adventures will be blocked.

Do you need to do something to make this adventure available because it is not in my adventure choices.

First of all as soon you started any of the other main Adventures all the others are gone!

The other Main Adventures are:

- A Meeting at the Tavern

- In Search of Rumors of Pirates

- A Reward for a Job Well Done

If I read it correct in the Mod Tool you need to have Luck => 4 (even if only temporary) and there is also one other prerequisite but sadly I am not sure how to read it but it looks like there is a 5. Main Adventure.

First of all as soon you started any of the other main Adventures all the others are gone!

The other Main Adventures are:

- A Meeting at the Tavern

- In Search of Rumors of Pirates

- A Reward for a Job Well Done

If I read it correct in the Mod Tool you need to have Luck => 4 (even if only temporary) and there is also one other prerequisite but sadly I am not sure how to read it but it looks like there is a 5. Main Adventure.

Ahh ok, that explains it because I just made a new game and I still did not see it up there. So if you did any of these you cannot do that adventure chain and thus no chance at mentoring :(

If I would have known that I would not have helped the damn Guard Captain...and I just finished a really good year too :P

In year 1 it is clearly shown that we must be living fare away so we cant go home during the winter break and at the end of the game we a packing to go home.

So now I am wondering if year 2 will give 2 different sets of locations one for the summer break and one when back at school or will we stay at school even at the summer brake do to some events or will we get a portalkey so we can easy go to the City of Mineta and back to our parents.

I hope the editor for year 2 will have Prerequisites also for Locations! So that the locations and the Actions you can make there could be enabled and disabled depending on what is set in the Prerequisites.

This could also give nice Effects like some Building got temporary/püermanent closed because it got effected from a Event or Adventure like taking damage or the owner is disabled.

The Storm of the Main Quest would be a nice example when this new feature would be very usefull.

Archived