Black Chicken Studios Forums

Gossip bug?

kathwindy

I increased my gossip skill level to 5 and tried using the action on two persons, one (Emilia Picotti) with zero and one(Silk Niederstatter) with two relationship points. The message that comes after I used the action says I "have suceeded in increasing the relationship with" above-mentioned, but when I check their character profile, their relatioship did NOT increase at all!

Is this a bug? This happened after I installed patch 20 and started a new game.

Kwindy;

A brief look at our test games does not show an issue, but I wanted to check a few things with you first.

It looks like you are using a Gossip Action to increase the Relationship between Emilia and Silke, I assume because of your Clique? In order to see their Relationship with one another, you will first need to have Information on at least one. You automatically have Information on any Student in your Clique.

Once you have Information, you can use the Gossip Action to select the two Characters (make sure to select the Student you have Information on first)- when you select the second Character, you'll notice some numbers by the name of the Characters on the list. This is the Relationship between the first Character and the second.

If you look at the Relationship under the Character's profile, what you are seeing is the Relationship between yourself and that Character.

Does that make sense? ;)

Thanks for replying so quickly! Those 2 characters I mentioned in my previous post are not in my clique yet....in fact, what I was trying to do was to increase both their relationship to me at the same time using "Gossip"!

Guess it doesn't work that way huh? I'm trying out ways to increase relationships of students to me so that I can befriend them and then add them to my clique. What are the best way to do that? (please forgive my super-newbie ques if it does seem stupid to ask this...)

Kwindy;

No problem! Gossip is the most basic way to do what you want- but you need to select yourself as one Character, and then Emilia or Silke as the other (you can only raise one at a time.)

As you gain more Skills and Spells, you'll find better ways to raise Relationship, sometimes with multiple people at a time. ;)

Have fun!

Kwindy;

No problem! Gossip is the most basic way to do what you want- but you need to select yourself as one Character, and then Emilia or Silke as the other (you can only raise one at a time.)

As you gain more Skills and Spells, you'll find better ways to raise Relationship, sometimes with multiple people at a time. ;)

Have fun!

Thanks so much for this, I do not use gossip often, but I did not know this is how it worked. I always thought you got a chance to improve the relationship of two different students at the same time.

Archived