Black Chicken Studios Forums

Similar Games

reckonersr

I'm trying to imagine the extent of the logistical nightmare that would be fully supporting the, eh, NSFW side of the expected romantic paths for, say, Y5 Academagia. "Fully" meaning supporting it to the extend that every student has his/her own little story to go with it, by the by, rather than four "generic" versions that are used based solely on gender.

It'd be one way that a circle of Hell could manifest itself.

Wait.. all the students will be romaceable?

...I think my head exploded.

Man.. wow. Thats a lot of writing. I had thought only the characters whose affection can be taken above 10 (naturally) in Y1 was an indicator on who was gonna be romantic options later on.

If everyone is an option I'm gonna have to rethink things.

It's possible to take student relationships beyond 10 in Y1 through a rare Astrology effect that may or may not ever exist in your game (because reasons), so theoretically you could bring any given student's relationship up to 13. That's not to say that all students will be romanceable necessarily, some might just not be interested in the whole romance aspect even after they've come of age (as much as they will within the span of their stay in the Academagia), but nominally they're all on the table.

Mind, I imagine that in the actual game the romantic involvement comes in the form of a side-branch to the student's respective adventure, meaning a lot of work, but not too much (and definitely not 200-some versions of basically the same thing). If not that I imagine that there'll be short, generic "adventures" like the duel adventures in Y1 that set a few flags to denote the PC and his/her chosen student as lovers and leave the rest up to your imagination. Who knows? Y5 is a ways away.

yeah, we're a very very very long way away from worrying about year 5, Year 2 has take quite a few years and it's still not out ;) I would guess between 25-30 years... People might be laughing at my post 50 years from now while waiting for year 4 though :D

(Hopefull not) I'm not immortal and I would love to play through all 5 years ;) and possibly a sequel set post Year 5 if possible ;)

I got an Impuse bought coppy aswell. I can down load the game from the Gamestop client thing, but they won't allow me to buy any more games since I live in sweden.

Least I can imstall the DLC's by downloading the new files when posted and move them to the right folders :)

Shouldn't it be possible to put out some downloadable files to update the UI. Otherwise I'm fine with the current UI now that I've taken the time to learn it.

I guess the new one is easier to use though, indexed and all?.

What I want most of all is the savefile converter and Year 2 :) I got a World to put on fire... Errr, I meant to say, on fire with passion and ummm possitive ways....... :ph34r: of, um being on fire...

I also have hope that development for years 3-5 will be more streamlined because, as the Legate has said, the Team has learned a lot since Y1's release, and they've been busy in development polishing Y1 while Y2 has been in development. I remember the legate saying that Y2's writing was mostly done years ago, so it's mostly game development issues holding things up,

Well, that and the annoying tendency of the team to get distracted with secret projects, but, meh, I digress.

If Y2 doesn't need all the bugfixing, and Y3 doesn't have any major UI extra issues due to the ridiculous number of phemes explected to be in the game by then. I believe that we can see a streamlining of the development and that alone should increase the speed... hopefully.

Still might not be enough to get Y5 out before the apocalypse though, at the rate the world's going.

Wait the Steam version is censored? Won't that remove something the producers thought was important for the story?

Yeah, Japanese games on Steam are always censored. So never buy them there. Apparently, gay marriage is fine for USA, but indecent cartoon pictures aren't. Well, i guess every civilization goes crazy in their own way...

Lol, Forget about the Super Nintendo, go further back to the original NES, with maniac mansion.

Nintendo had problems with the label NES SCUMM, which was merely an acronym for Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion (SCUMM) and had that removed because Nintendo is not scum, after all...

After a draconian censorship sweep, requiring the programmers to change numerous things like a grafitti message with an important ingame telephone number in it, the game released, only for the executives to freak out realizing that they spent so much time with petty details that they missed the fact that you could put a live hamster in a microwave. kill said hamster by turning on the microwave, and give the exploded corpse of the hamster to its owner.

Lol, Forget about the Super Nintendo, go further back to the original NES, with maniac mansion.

Nintendo had problems with the label NES SCUMM, which was merely an acronym for Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion (SCUMM) and had that removed because Nintendo is not scum, after all...

After a draconian censorship sweep, requiring the programmers to change numerous things like a grafitti message with an important ingame telephone number in it, the game released, only for the executives to freak out realizing that they spent so much time with petty details that they missed the fact that you could put a live hamster in a microwave. kill said hamster by turning on the microwave, and give the exploded corpse of the hamster to its owner.

That sounds crazy... and grotesqe...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Tale of Wuxia was already mentioned here but it took me till yesterday to buy it.

Sadly in this game not everything is translated to English but it is a great game where BCS could look for inspiration.

Sure its about train up a Martial Artist instead of a Mage but beside the day to day training part this game also let you visit different city where you actual walk around and the combat is turn-based on a tactical map where you can put you martial art to great use.

For the daily training part I actual prefer the way Academagia handle it because in Academagia we have way more options then in Tale of Wuxia.

To actual walk around some part of your home town, Mineta and/or Academagia and the tactical combat would be a great addition Academagia.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Tale of Wuxia now for the 3rd time and the endgame Worldmap play already feel repetitive and boring despite I'm only doing the same ending now the second time.

Its strange that the open world map got boring faster to me then the city visits during the rolleplay mode but I think its simply to big and to much pointless walking around for what to do over all at this stage of the game.

On ‎21‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 3:37 PM, Schwarzbart said:

Beside there is a Pre-Sequel for Tale of Wuxia recently (15.08.) released.

Sadly it turn out to be a normal RPG with turn-based combat. Its still interesting for people who played Tale of Wuxia but the Pre-Sequel its for sure no similar game to Academagia in opposite to Tale of Wuxia it self. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2017 at 1:08 AM, Schwarzbart said:

I think Tale of Wuxia was already mentioned here but it took me till yesterday to buy it.

Sadly in this game not everything is translated to English but it is a great game where BCS could look for inspiration.

Sure its about train up a Martial Artist instead of a Mage but beside the day to day training part this game also let you visit different city where you actual walk around and the combat is turn-based on a tactical map where you can put you martial art to great use.

For the daily training part I actual prefer the way Academagia handle it because in Academagia we have way more options then in Tale of Wuxia.

To actual walk around some part of your home town, Mineta and/or Academagia and the tactical combat would be a great addition Academagia.

Thank you for mentioning this and providing the Steam link. I had been interested in this game for a while, but I hadn't known it had been officially translated and put on Steam. Adding it to my wishlist now!

• 4 months later...