Black Chicken Studios Forums

Adventures with Finesse/Strength reward?

Schwarzbart

Hm... give me a day, Schwarz, and I'll try and get a list for you. I've been working on a list that describes gotten stat boosts for my own amusement, so it has non-adventuring ones, too, but I can probably put it together and make a post on it in the spoiler board if there would be interest.

Sorry Draigh, unless you can direct go to the relevant adventures from the Attribute page, the Wiki is even less usfull for this then the ModDb.

Mikka I will do it my self now but thanks for the offer.

Finesse

Watching the Ships at the Docks (Astrology)

The Sphinx Syndicate (Aranaz)

Language Skills

Bored. (Chameleon)

The Discovery of a Secret Text (Cat)

Cart Boy's Runner (Morvidus)

Tempting Signs (Godina)

... Skiped Familiar for now

Godina's East Tower (Godina)

Spend the Day Training With Your Hedgehog (Hedgehog)

Els's Reprimand (Hedi)

A Book Full of Ghosts

A Convocation of Lions (Durand)

In Professor Storey's Sights (Morvidus)

A Meeting at the Tavern (Main)

A Story about Pirates (Durand)

Piaxenza's Request (Hedi)

A Lazy Day in the Forest (rat)

A Chance Encounter at the Admiratio (Astrology)

Cloudy Skies

The Disaster Looks for a Cure (Ana Flavia)

In Search of a Decent Meal (Asmita Tidar)

A Muttering Matter (Avuel)

"Cleaning" Up Academagia (Catherine Chard)

Strength

The Sphinx Syndicate (Aranaz)

The Curiosity of the Vampire (Bat)

Bored. (Chameleon)

Familiar: As Dinner Ends with an Unpleasant Surprise... (Bat)

... Skiped Familiar for now

A Meeting at the Tavern (Main)

Morvidus Plans an Outing (Morvidus)

The Secret Passage (Snake)

The Disaster Looks for a Cure (Ana Flavia)

A Muttering Matter (Avuel)

(Will take some time till have worked trough the Moddb so it will only DLC 10 and I will only check the Reward given at the last step)

There are no official links, but it is possible to see what pages are linking to the current page. And in most cases references to other pages are linked, including attributes.

Although I have to add that most adventures are yet to be added to the wiki at all. The wiki still needs a lot of work. :)

Researching these topics can give a +1 to strength:

Armorer

Brute Strength

Bully

Forge

Insult

Interrogation

Raid

(As an aside, is this how Joanna the bully increase her strength? After doing some research into her family (for Total Control purposes, of course. :-) I noticed that her strength was at 9. I tried casting the spell that forces the target to give you an item, but she didn't have anything.)

Finesse has a few more topics to increase it:

Acrobatics

Alchemical Tools

Brew

Calligraphy

Composure

Cooking

Demi-Tour

Duel

Duel Conduct

Duelling Circles

Enspell

Greengrocery

Incantation

Incantation Methods

Manipulation

Orthography

Poisons

Sleight-of-Hand

(As an aside, is this how Joanna the bully increase her strength? After doing some research into her family (for Total Control purposes, of course. :-) I noticed that her strength was at 9. I tried casting the spell that forces the target to give you an item, but she didn't have anything.)

First of all I asked for Adventures not for Research (You can find a realy great list about Research already in the Wiki).

All NPCs Students get some Attribute Bonus at theyr birthday to compensate that they can't use adventure. So with Joanna having Str 6 at the start and get +2 Str +1 Fit at her birthday its only 1 Str she have to get from a other source. Acording to Mikka's List she have birthday at Gelamenus 19.

(Btw. I finaly reached New Year with a Char who never used Cleanse and Remake or the Sphinx so fare.)

Because NPCs generally have a much harder time raising attributes (and skills, for that matter), you'll find that quite a few NPCs have higher attributes then the PC can usually start with. Joana's STR is of course one example, but check Neta's CHA, or Zoe's INT. Then they generally get +3 attribute points on their birthday.

NPC's generally don't research, though, so it's unlikely Joana got her extra-STR point from Researching. Probably from the Athletics +1FIT/+1STR, I would guess.

First of all I asked for Adventures not for Research (You can find a realy great list about Research already in the Wiki).

Yeah, I know that you asked for adventures. I'm just trying to help out with other things that can increase Strength and Fitness "because this 2 attributes are to much behind and now I am looking for Adventures to fix it" Just trying to help out.

(Btw. I finaly reached New Year with a Char who never used Cleanse and Remake or the Sphinx so fare.)

None of my characters have ever cast Cleanse and Remake. They're just not the Temple going type to get the Piety that high.

The Sphinx, on the other hand, is very good friends with just about all my characters.

None of my characters have ever cast Cleanse and Remake. They're just not the Temple going type to get the Piety that high.

The Sphinx, on the other hand, is very good friends with just about all my characters.

For someone who have used Cleanse and Remake for nearly all of his games for a long time its quite hard to dont use this extrem usfull but timeconsuming spell. Especial I now have to find bether ways to keep up with the Attributes.

I've managed to get through two games now without Cleanse and Remake, but it's definitely hard (...and Illaro's adventure should not be attempted (CHEAPSTAKE!)) :( 6th Finger and the other easy casts really doesn't make up for it... good luck on finishing your game without touching it, Schwarzbart! It's a trial of willpower, definitely.

(Honestly, though, I really don't have them visiting the temples much, either (occasionally, at the beginning of the game, the one that offers the -1 Stress after I get Transport maxed, but it's not long before I get the circus)- they seem to get points by just hanging around their BFF, the Sphinx. The Sphinx is in to religion, I believe. When its not in to Gates. Sigh.)

I think a hard mode for me would be taking out the Sphinx and that spell, honestly. I could get through a game without using either the Sphinx or C&R, but not using both? Owch! Would definitely have to take Dialect.

I've managed to get through two games now without Cleanse and Remake, but it's definitely hard (...and Illaro's adventure should not be attempted (CHEAPSTAKE!)) :( 6th Finger and the other easy casts really doesn't make up for it... good luck on finishing your game without touching it, Schwarzbart! It's a trial of willpower, definitely.

(Honestly, though, I really don't have them visiting the temples much, either (occasionally, at the beginning of the game, the one that offers the -1 Stress after I get Transport maxed, but it's not long before I get the circus)- they seem to get points by just hanging around their BFF, the Sphinx. The Sphinx is in to religion, I believe. When its not in to Gates. Sigh.)

I think a hard mode for me would be taking out the Sphinx and that spell, honestly. I could get through a game without using either the Sphinx or C&R, but not using both? Owch! Would definitely have to take Dialect.

I've rarely received Gates skills from the Sphinx. Of course, getting Research to 10+ from library usage gives you the Study Mastery/Gates combination at the Forbidden Archives. Once my character gets all of the subskills in Gates and Mastery due to the "random subskill", they go to the other libraries to increase their skill levels in those skills. (Why? A better question is "Why not?" :-)

I usually don't start going to meet the Sphinx until those skills are fairly high. My last game had my character's familiar trained in Wit (to help with the Sphinx) as well as all of the subskills in Gates and Mastery. Pamela can now summon her own friends! Improved Familiar Handling is probably the spell I cast most often last game (except for the month or so I spent casting Curious Eagle, trying to find Mastery Research locations!!)

I'm always afraid to use Study Mastery/Gates, thanks to that 25% being caught chance (or whatever it is). I generally try not to use any locations that are above 5%. I guess I do things like you- I might visit them to unlock the subskills, but then, nah. Honestly, though, I swear the Sphinx seems to give me every Gates subskill in the game each time, and I tend to run in to the person who gives you the Void Candy of DOOM (not to mention the evil book adventure). Mastery's harder.

As of right now, Decipher Handwriting is not only unlocking the Sphinx, but also giving you full permission rights (it also does it with the Professor Lounge). I imagine that's going to be changed in the next patch, so my characters recently have abused both locations to the near death. As soon as my character reaches 10 Wit, I'm at the Sphinx constantly. Of course, the random generator has been being more reasonable lately, so I fail more at the beginning then I used to... mutter, grumble.

I really need to make a dedicated Gates/Mastery character. Particularly the second. As you said, though, the Mastery Locations are... difficult.

(And there's still that New Reality pheme to find...)

I'm always afraid to use Study Mastery/Gates, thanks to that 25% being caught chance (or whatever it is). I generally try not to use any locations that are above 5%. I guess I do things like you- I might visit them to unlock the subskills, but then, nah. Honestly, though, I swear the Sphinx seems to give me every Gates subskill in the game each time, and I tend to run in to the person who gives you the Void Candy of DOOM (not to mention the evil book adventure). Mastery's harder.

A good way to avoid detection:

Don't choose the "+10% to chance of discovery" background. :-)

Purchase a few items that decrease your chance of discovery (Escape wand, doppleganger ring, and I think there's at least one other item) to get you 5-7% off your chance of discovery.

Create Distraction on a Friday, which knocks your chance of discovery down by 7% for a few days.

Study the topic for the entire weekend for as long as the distraction lasts. Skip a few classes the following Monday if you're so inclined.

Within a few weeks, you should get all of the necessary topics to start studying at normal libraries.

Archived