Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 13 Bug Topic

Draigh

Just to kick this one off for the new DLC.

While leveling and cataloguing the new Numerology skill, I noticed that at lvl 10 it still says Maximum skill level. Even though I increased the skill max. After levelling it to 11 and finally to 13, it does not show that Numerology is at it's skill maximum anymore. It just fails to increase.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Song of Rebellion loads the adventure ‘Special Detention 05’, which considering all the hub-due about the nameless student makes me believe that it's starting later in the adventure then it should actually start.

Calculate the Familiar Equation actually works for me- however, if it succeeds at raising the bond (rather then just a step), it doesn't give the lore and any actions/abilities that should be gotten.

Drowsy is back doing it’s show up every day, but not stick routine. Silly Drowsy.

Random Event Professors Office 10 has ‘Presistance. Listen to the lecture.’ as a choice; no idea what it rolled.

Draigh;

Ah yes, Skill Maximum reporting issues. If you don't mind, please pm me a link to a RapidShare of your save. I'd like to take a look at it.

Thanks!

Here you are:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2038289980/AcademagiaSave.rar

I did keep on playing after the occurrence and did not use backup saves. So hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

Questing I found this error:

Octavia Egidi 08; Choosing the Botany option and being successful, the description mentions "Afterwards, the three of you accompany Polisena down to the Imperial Dock."

I think that should be Octavia and not Polisena.

Ok thats weird i just tried using Calculate the Familiar Equation with a different character and it worked fine, i've no idea why it would work fine for one character and not another.... though thinking about with the character where it didn't work i tried and failed the first step of Familiar Adventure, Familiar: The Inviting Kitchen and then it didn't show up in my adventure list after that so maybe it was the familiar that was bugged?

I believe it is only a Step, but regardless, we'll examine it in 14- as with these others, thanks! :)

Yeah i've been using it a bit and i think the problem with Calculate the Familiar Equation is a reporting one, it only seems to be telling me its increased my familiars bond skills when it raise the skill level and not when it raises skill steps.

Hm. To explain better, my problem was I had just gotten all my bond skills to 4. Alice needed 4 steps for Iron, 2 steps for Silver, and 1 step for Stars.

I then used Familar Equation. I got a report that Alice had gotten one step in Iron and one step in Silver, but nothing about Stars. Checking, though, she had gotten Stars 5. However, I didn't get the lore for Stars 5, or, obviously, the report.

Okay, now a barrage of typos...

Tutorial Adventure 01 – ‘Oan closes it behind you and leads you out of the Madeline Bonnefay dormitories…’ rather then Durand. Er, Madeline being my character’s name.

Random Event Botany (…1? I forgot to record it- the one with the noise in the closet), Tell the Professor, has double spaces between everything but the first and second paragraph.

The description of Pie (in this case, I got it from Random Event Cooking 10 Cooking success): ‘…The pie itself is only good for three days, so don’t just it from your Familiar and forget!’ – I think there’s a word missing or something in the latter half of that sentence.

Durand Collage Adventure 0- ‘You have a message for your Regent, ProfessorBriardi, from the Legate…’, and then there’s no space between the last two sentences of the intro.

Raoul’s Adventure, In Search of a Bodyguard, the Conversation success has what I think is Rikidis’s secret bio linked rather then her name in the ‘(weird info) is the master in all modes of communication, including gossip’ sentence.

Random Event Common Room 12, Willpower success- needs spaces between the first three sentences.

What He Really Is – “You were so nice to me and a ll, while most people’re just plain mean…” No idea what an ‘ll’ is (I assume people’re is just the speaker not being too good with grammar- after all, armadillos don’t have too much of a chance to talk, these days :().

Random Event Botany 01, the observation success – ‘Itmust belong to a gardener…’

Random Event Duel 1, the Lie success ‘Even though you’d like to if only for Hers sake’- should be her.

Random Event Locked Door 02, the Logic Success is just messy- You (huge space) take (huge space) the (description of Grit’s Fang) and continue on your way.

Random Event Awesome Community 07 could do with a look over to try and make it a bit more like the format of the rest of the game. It’s well written and interesting (and with a shiny reward!), but the ----- line breaks in the writing really make it stand out as being different from everything else.

Random Event Pirate (...didn't record, I guess- the one with the eyepatch Puzzle success, where you challenge to avoid walking the plank), Observation success, last line… That’s okay.You’ll be ready.

The Restoration of Octavia Eig…whatever, the Botany success- ‘Afterwards, the three of you accompany Polisena down to the Imperial Dock, where she considers which airship to take.’… it should be Octavia there.

The Library’s Astonishing Picture (the first part of Casper’s adventure) could use a paragraph space between the “That little girl there!”/As you peer closer. And then probably after 'The Little girl’s arm is now pointing…', too. Also, Student Adventure Casper Whateverhislastname 01 has a huge blank space at the top, and huge spaces between paragraphs.

Student Adventure Casper Whatshislastname 02, ‘What is it about this place that makes it so dull?And what is going on with these people?’

Casper 03, '…it’s the people of this town that give it its life.Whoever The Artist was…' needs a space.

Casper 04, or the part after Bringing a Village to Life (I went with the Amsita success in that one) is a complete blank on the adventure list- no title, and thus no pretty color to tell me if I can do it or not.

I don't, but I'm about to start another game with a more luck-focused character that will likely rely on that, so if I see it again, I'll save and send.

Here are some other things I found. The latter half is not so much errors as subjective things that I'm not sure are correct: usually I'd move them over to the suggestions, but some are really hard to tell. I dunno. For now, here seems okay.

The day after Tidying the Library of L and succeeding, I was informed in the Matters of Concern to You area that ‘You have gained Tidy the Library of Longshade’. The skill didn’t appear again as chooseable, but it was still odd.

Conversation 3 gave me nothing- no relationship max increase. =/

Rikidis keeps using Investigate on herself. She stopped after around twelve times, but it was still fairly ridiculous, and not all that wise of her.

I learned about A Clique In Need when I should, but did not get the +2 relation boost with anyone- and I didn’t have max relationship with anyone cliqued or uncliqued, for that matter.

Random Event Forge 13, Courage success- there needs a space between two sentences. My recording of info sucks. ;;

The To the Fields!/Sch's Weed adventure is still bugged if you collect all the items, debark the holly (preparing the bough) and then, at the Great Soak, choose the ‘wait, there’s no rush’ option. You once again are put back to Getting the Materials (and have to get the Holly and debark it again), where you should be at the Great Soak.

Student Adventure Phillip Hauck 0 starts with a description of Athletics class rather then ‘This class’ or ‘Athletics seems endless’ or whatever it is supposed to be.

Divaesque still has a habit of randomly disappearing. In this case, I lost the book to a reprehend, did an ‘oh shoot’ and reloaded, and… the book was still lost, even though I hadn’t been reprehended. Quite rude of it. Yet my Dragonbone wand (which also disappeared from the reprehend) stayed around. Odd! ...Though I should probably start just keeping the book of pure evil oh god I know the cause in my wardrobe and only whipping it out when I need to break people. >.>

Just Going About Your Business … I lost track of what step I was on (I had three adventures triggered that day), but after choosing fighting and hanging out with Hanno, the mute bounty hunter found me. I chose to ‘Wait’ after she shushed, and all I was told was that I felt like I was falling asleep… then, vsh. Gone. Seems like a strange place to end- next thing I know, me and Alice are off adventuring, with no clue on how I got from kidnapped to back hunting the jagerbrine.

Speaking of the Jagerbrine, the step after Who Sent the jagerbrine? Is blank in my adventure list, with no color anything, like the Casper adventure.

Student Adventure Philip Hauk 5 chose my character to be the one loudly celebrating the afternoon’s Rimbal victory. An odd thing for her to do, as she then wanted to join in during the celebrations. Also, the early steps of this adventure seems like they could be triggered right after another and make sense- it seems sensible that you could in one day agree to work with Philip, get some resources, decide where you want to map, and then start mapping it. The working on later might need a break, as does of course the part where the map is stolen, but the early part is a bit annoying to be one step at a time.

End Story 05 Familiar – ‘Given what little time you have left at Academagia, you don’t want Herto get left behind’- one less space before Her, one more after Her.

Unbreakable Bond for Silent Alice has huge spaces, too.

Decipher Handwriting 3 still gives visitation rights to the Professors Lounge, and Filing 9 still gives visitation rights to the Imperial Sphinx.

Silent Alice’s first adventure that starts automatically on day one… perhaps ‘Dexter’s been making your life miserable since your arrival’ would make more sense then ‘over the last few days’? Unless you chose the early arrival background, I’m not sure if your character really has been there for a few days.

Random Event Sports 1, Competition success, uses Zorzi’s last name (“Thanks, friend,” says Galea as he pats you on the back.) As Z’s the sort of guy who prefers nicknames, I don’t think the last name useage really suits him.

Familiar Adventure Strange Doll 02 talks about something involving diggis practice and first tryout and Academy going gunning for the townies- stuff that’s never really explained and that only seems to exist in this one adventure step (as diggis practice and tryouts never come up again). It’s a bit odd. There’s also no spaces between paragraphs.

Random Event Animal Pen 6, Zoology failure automatically assumes you have a little brother- that may need a glare. Little cousin may be better.

Something that’s always sort of bugged me- ‘Grit tore this fang from the werewolf that bit him’ is the description from the Logic success in the Grit's Fang event, but the description of Grit’s Fang the necklace implies a different story, starting with ‘Great Wolf Grit’ being described as female there. Which is true?

Just Going About Your Business... is slight-of-hand really neccessary to get items from the body? If they allow you to get close enough to the body to examine and pray for it, I'm not certain why taking the stuff would be a different roll. A thought might be Slight-of-Hand to take the items without disturbing the rest, while maybe Willpower or Composure is required to talk yourself in to stealing from the dead? I dunno. Hm.

Sadly I can't specify where exactly, but in the last haul of Oan's adventure I got a few skills and something else:

- Increased Scouting, learned about _Delete, learned about falsify, increased concentration.

I got a save of the time if it helps (16th Cheimare 57 - in case I forget).

I -really- hate to ask, but how is the reporting on familiars these days?

I ask because my familiar should have 6 wit and 6 in bonds, added to my 11 wit (one from emotion) my time with the sphinx should be secure, unless it is somewhat close to what was experienced earlier. Does familiar skills add to yours on ability rolls by the way? :huh:

I'm not sure if it's of any help, but here are the errors I've had from the first till today:

• [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-01T23:47:24.6133408-04:00] - [Error] - System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
    at Academagia.Resolving.PlayerStepChoice.SetSectionTargetEx(ResolveSection section, Int32 index, PersistEntity entity)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Confirmation.EffectControl.ShowConfirmation(TransparentButton transparentButton, ResolveSection section, Int32 index)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Confirmation.EffectControl._object_1_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-02T00:34:33.9166751-04:00] - [Error] - System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Resize()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
    at Academagia.Storage.RepositorySerializer.Deserialize(Dictionary`2 contentObjects, String headerFileName, String dataFileName)
    at Academagia.Storage.RepositorySerializer.LoadGameFromFolder(String folderName, String cacheLocation, GameInfo info)
    at Academagia.Storage.RepositorySerializer.LoadGame(GameInfo gameInfo)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Menu.LoadWindow.Worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-02T00:34:35.0787416-04:00] - [Error] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Academagia.GameSystems.DateAndTimeSystem.get_CurrentDateTime()
    at Academagia.Storage.RootObject.get_NowDateTime()
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Calendar.Calendar.LoadWeek()
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Calendar.Calendar.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Scheduler.Scheduler.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.MainContainer.ReloadPanel(IView source, ViewIdentity viewIdentity, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.MainContainer.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Controls.ContainerGrid.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.MainWindow.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.Common.Commands.CommandDispatcher.SendCommand(IView viewSource, ICommand viewCommand, Boolean synchronious)
    at Academagia.Common.Commands.CommandDispatcher.SendCommand(IView viewSource, ICommand viewCommand)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Menu.LoadWindow.Worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-02T15:12:20.1686479-04:00] - [Error] - System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Resize()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
    at Academagia.Storage.RepositorySerializer.Deserialize(Dictionary`2 contentObjects, String headerFileName, String dataFileName)
    at Academagia.Storage.RepositorySerializer.LoadGameFromFolder(String folderName, String cacheLocation, GameInfo info)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Menu.LoadWindow.Worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-02T15:12:22.2737683-04:00] - [Error] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Academagia.GameSystems.DateAndTimeSystem.get_CurrentDateTime()
    at Academagia.Storage.RootObject.get_NowDateTime()
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Calendar.Calendar.LoadWeek()
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Calendar.Calendar.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Scheduler.Scheduler.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.MainContainer.ReloadPanel(IView source, ViewIdentity viewIdentity, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.MainContainer.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.UI.Controls.ContainerGrid.Process(IView source, ICommand command)
    at Academagia.Common.Commands.CommandDispatcher.SendCommand(IView viewSource, ICommand viewCommand, Boolean synchronious)
    at Academagia.Common.Commands.CommandDispatcher.SendCommand(IView viewSource, ICommand viewCommand)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.Menu.LoadWindow.Worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-03T16:11:24.9645221-04:00] - [Error] - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Academagia\Cache\a3f4bebd-5f2a-4feb-9863-b53b4307e8c3\string_cache.idx' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at ContentModel.FileDictionary..ctor(String indexFileName, String contentFileName)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.LoadGameControl.Worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-03T16:11:38.3312866-04:00] - [Error] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Academagia.UI.Views.MainContainer.Initialize(ICommandParam param)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.LoadGameControl.Worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-03T16:11:51.6940509-04:00] - [Error] - System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Academagia\Cache\a3f4bebd-5f2a-4feb-9863-b53b4307e8c3\string_cache.idx' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at ContentModel.FileDictionary..ctor(String indexFileName, String contentFileName)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.LoadGameControl.Worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
  • [Academagia 1.5.9.0] - [2011-10-03T16:11:53.6281615-04:00] - [Error] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Academagia.UI.Views.MainContainer.Initialize(ICommandParam param)
    at Academagia.UI.Views.LoadGameControl.Worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

The out of memory and the object reference not set are pretty usual errors for me- they're basically what my error logs are full of. :) But I've never seen the KeyNotFoundException or the cannot access the cache folder before ones. I only run one game of Academagia at a time, and my cache folder has full permission for everyone- even random user can write and modify it, though I'm on the Admin Account as usual. On the brighter side, my Cache folder is only 660MGs rather then 2GBs, so it could be a lot worse.

In other notes, Matters of Concern To You no longer reports your collage-mates raising merit (using the latest patch and stuff, of course). Is that intended? It makes for less spam if you're in Vernin or Morvidus, certainly, but I sort of want to give a hug to the poor silly full who's raising Hedi's in this game. I seriously think it's only one person. Sigh.

Random Event Common Room 12, Awareness success- “What’s the date?”asks the professor. , and then I admire your courage.Now go have fun at the party.

As for subjective, Random Event Performance 1 could use a Confidence and or Theatre exit, where your character does a “Screw it, if I’m going to be soaked and put in a drowned river-rat contest, I’m going to be the best damn drowned river-rat that ever was.”

As for Adrian, I think familiar rolls actually only help for events. I also think the Sphinx is evil because I constantly get Insight to 12 and then Wit 10 but I still sometimes completely fail (or, more often, only get the first raise- not the one I chose) and how can I fail with those stats how wahhh, but, yeah, that's probably off-topic. Ahem. (Wah.)

Mikka;

Hmmm. Can you pm me a link to the RapidShare of your save that this error was found in? I'd like to examine this. There were some pretty sweeping changes behind the scenes recently, and some of the memory optimizations may still be causing some reverberations.

Matters of Concern to You did have a change in reporting, in order to streamline that section. But...if you want to see it...it could return. :)

The others we will look at in 14! :)

Random Event Common Room 11, Traps failure – (last name) has pulled a classical joke on you and you never saw it coming. Another instance where first name might be better then last name, though as always subjective (in this case, it chose Beatrix, and thus von Weigen seemed strange, as Von should have been capitalized as it was the start of the sentence even though it normally wouldn’t have and I glowered at it dubiously for a while. Bah.)

Random Event Patrol 2, Ethics failure – ‘…you’ve found this basket of chocolates.The professor is very angry with you.’ , and then ‘…the basket of chocolates is his date’s gift.He placed the basket on the bench…’ Also, the Professor is an absolute jerk. Seriously, Academagia! Full of crazy children who goof around with things! Found basket of chocolate with no clue on the cause on a freakin’ bench! Report it, and he gives you a freakin demerit?! I want to take that one to the Court of P. He goes on *my* list. Hmph!

Random Event Arithmetic 3 should probably be restricted to characters taking Arithmetic only.

For Elina’s adventure, seems like the part where you decide to scout the site should lead to the next, particularly with the Astrology exit.

Student Adventure Els 0, ‘Even ProfessorLeith wasn’t as mad as she was.’

Leopold… the part where he gestures you over (00? 01?- before A Search for the Past), ‘You’re a little curious to learn Hims story…’

Els’s Reprimand – “You’re going to go to LegateOrsi’s office and put it back.”

Dexter versus Rui 01 notes that you’ve managed to avoid him and his cronies for the most part- if you have Alice as your familiar, sadly, that line isn’t really accurate.

Random Event Duel 4, Running success has two sentences that lack a space between them (…I believe at the part where Professor B (or whoever) is issuing detention)

I almost posted this in the update thread. Doh.

It probably is best for Matters of Concern To You to not have the merit gaining 'spam'. As I said, I admit it's nice for the smaller collage, but in Vernin or Morvidus it would be a constant spam. Though the exam results always annoyed me more, I admit...

For the first time ever, I saw Avila take six Merit Competitions in a row without player being in the collage and thus stirring the pot. Huzzah, Avila! Vernin stole the crown back eventually, but pretty nice for the collage of tiny. :D

Archived