Black Chicken Studios Forums

The game will not play

FantasyFan

Fantasy Fan;

This problem (on Windows 7) is usually related to your permissions, if you do not have Administrator Rights. The easiest way to troubleshoot is to navigate to your Academagia folder, right-click on Academagia.exe and choose 'Run as Administrator'.

Assuming the issue is rights, that should solve the problem.

Please give that a try, and let me know if you still see any issues!

Thanks, and have fun in the game!

I have the same issue, but I got an XP. The game was fine, but I uninstalled it with framework 3.5. Last week I installed them up again, the game starts fine, the music, loading picture okay, then bang: "System error occured. Application will be terminated."

I reinstalled, run in adminstrator mode, but nothing. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Drakov;

This error in XP is generally related to your .NET installation. Academagia needs 3.5 SP1, and it can be touchy about it (especially if .NET was updated)- for the best results, you may want to uninstall 3.5, then reinstall 3.5, then reinstall SP1. That should insure that your version of .NET is the most up to date and complete.

Let me know if that corrects the issue, and thanks!

Edit: Upon reflection, the issue is actually more than likely to be your cache, assuming you are attempting to load a saved game? If so, and assuming you created this save under an earlier DLC, you will need to use the DLC you created the save in to rebuild your cache in order to play- simply place it in the Mods folder (overwriting whatever you have there now). Let me know if that makes sense! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I got some health issues and I was netless.

Big thanks Legate! It seems I got both the issues you mentioned, but sp1 was the root of the problem. :)

Thanks again and keep the good work on!

• 1 month later...

Lord of Hats;

It's pretty unusual to see that error on Windows 7- it's not likely to be related to .NET. In your case, the first thing I would try is deleting your Cache. In Win 7, you can find that in C:\ProgramData\Academagia. These are hidden folders, though, so you may need to turn options on. Additionally, to insure the cleanest possible environment for the game, you may want to delete your GCC folder, which is found in the Mods folder of your Academagia directory. This folder, though, contains information needed by your saves, so if your current save wasn't created in the latest version of the game, you may not want to delete those.

Let me know if that solves the issue, and thanks!

Lord of Hats;

It's pretty unusual to see that error on Windows 7- it's not likely to be related to .NET. In your case, the first thing I would try is deleting your Cache. In Win 7, you can find that in C:\ProgramData\Academagia. These are hidden folders, though, so you may need to turn options on. Additionally, to insure the cleanest possible environment for the game, you may want to delete your GCC folder, which is found in the Mods folder of your Academagia directory. This folder, though, contains information needed by your saves, so if your current save wasn't created in the latest version of the game, you may not want to delete those.

Let me know if that solves the issue, and thanks!

I deleted the cache and didn't notice a difference. When I checked for my GCC, it appeared that I didn't have a mod folder in the first place (C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Academagia),

LH;

If that's the case, then I suspect that you have not yet Patched?

You'll want to install Patch 68, which you can get here:

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2172

...I believe that will clear up your issue! :)

Took me a bit to figure out how to get the permissions to work, but that fixed it! Thanks for putting up with me!

EDIT: It didn't fire when I first opened, but it did when I started to create a new character...

• 5 weeks later...

I got the system error problem after patching,I have followed the instructions on the Troubleshooting thread and still can't play the game. After checking the logs it says :

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Storage, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fbdf1d602e0b70a1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Dormuul;

Hmmm- do you use Impulse, by chance? Either way, the next step will be to delete all the files found in the Patch from your Academagia folder, and then (after they are deleted), replace them with the files from the Patch. This insures the cleanest installation possible.

Once you have done that step, please navigate to the Academagia\Mods folder, and delete the GCC folder you'll find inside, if any.

Finally, please navigate to ProgramData\Academagia and delete the Cache folder you find there, if any. Note that ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you may need to turn options on.

...once you have completed these 3 steps, please try running the game by right-clicking on Academagia.exe and choosing 'Run as Adminstrator.'

Please let me know if that solves the issue, and thanks!

Archived