Black Chicken Studios Forums

Curing Poisons?

EPAstor

Edit: Slightly Queasy is a Poison; you'll need a specific remedy to remove that one.

Alright... so I got hit by a spell that gave me Slightly Queasy. And I've been hunting for a remedy that might be relevant - but can't seem to find even a hint.

Anyone willing to give me a hint as to where I should be looking, or what I'm looking for?

Also, more generally: how does one cure poisons that don't go away with Resting, and don't appear to have a definite time limit?

EPAstor;

As I recall, there are a few ways to remove Poisons- some Items, and I believe some Spells. Unhelpfully, I can't recall which they are. :(

Okay... so I've hunted through the ModBase for both items and spells, and looked pretty seriously for things in game. Is there any better way to *search* the ModBase than by hand? Or does someone have a more focused idea of where I might look?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a bit of 'Research Drought' and didn't find anything that could help with Slightly Queasy. I may have missed one or two potions so there is a slim chance you can research it, but I am beginning to doubt it. Sorry.

Adrian;

Hmmm.

At the very least, in 15, I'll request that a way be added to cure in Poisons. I'm sure there are ways, but I do not know them off hand. :(

Well - that sounds like a great bug-fix and/or clarification, depending on whether there's anything currently in-game. Can we also get text added to poison effects (like Slightly Queasy) indicating that we need to seek out a cure for this Poison? (And some indication somewhere of where we need to look?)

I know but it apears that right now its not handled well within the limit of year 1 and so I wonder if it souldn't be something that should be changed to a curent working system and make a comback in a later year.

Edit: or change it to Affliction as this is also a Ability but with a working system.

Edit2: The more I think about it Affliction would be the right thing in this case as it would go bether along with the Spelllevel that the negtive effects go away with a rest.

• 4 years later...

So, I suppose this is pretty aggressive thread necromancy...

But - can the team confirm that there is a way to cure Poisons (or at least the Slightly Queasy effect) in Year 1? It sounds an awful lot like no one's found one, not even 5 years on...

If this can't be confirmed, will the team apply SOME sort of patch to this issue? Maybe treatable by going to an infirmary, or something? It's an awfully severe effect to have thrown around by an NPC if genuinely uncurable at this point.

hah, that is some pretty fierce revival magic you have there. ;)

to be fair that is a valid question. I agree that Slightly Queasy needs to be able to be cured. It's kind of a shock that it still hasn't been fixed considering how long the issue has been around.

Legate: you've claimed that there is an antidote for... well, years now, I guess!

If you're really certain it's there, can you at least tell us where to look? I believe I've investigated (both in-game and through the modtools) every direction previously suggested, and come up completely dry. It would be nice to find out, once and for all, whether it actually exists.

Archived