Black Chicken Studios Forums

Linux Version?

EPAstor

EPAstor;

It's possible to publish the game for both Mac and Linux, but the trouble is that there are graphical issues that we do not have the expertise in correcting. :(

We're still looking at it (especially for the Mac), but right now we're only comfortable releasing on PC for that reason.

No chance you're looking for outside help, is there? I'm a decent Python/Linux coder, and might be able to figure out where the problems are coming from... I would likely be willing to donate the time to help debug, and would freely sign a basic contract donating the results in full. (Already bought the game, too... was just trying to hack together a working Linux version, and found that it really needed to happen at the packaging stage.)

EDIT: As a note - I bought it for my Windows machine at home, and wasn't expecting a Linux build. But I'm on the road, with a Linux laptop, so I thought I might as well try!

Wow looks like the success the Linux and Mac users haved at Kickstarter in requesting ports now even brought the curage to ask at the devloper forums for this ^^.

Actually, I wouldn't have asked - but I happened to notice that the game is essentially platform-independent, since Ren'Py (the engine) is written in Python explicitly to be platform-independent. With some debugging, no reason it shouldn't run on Linux - so I offered to help!

Archived