Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

You I think, CJ, but if you'd prefer to not do it, then perhaps Dirk's familiar by Nyaa?

Also, if any of you know, is there a good post or... guide, I suppose, on how to actually make the stories? How much should be made in advance and how much is likely to be done on-the-go? I was feeling bad that I've been letting you all entertain me without having to work myself. It is now a mix of beginner's uncertainty, story-picking and actual work load ;)

I realize that it is -very- story dependent, but an inkling is likely a better remedy for this than staring blankly at the screen thinking of how to proceed ^^

(Also, there went the idea of having Bashir work the boat! Though I'm fairly sure I'd not feel safe if he was in actual fact a driver of a flying boat, given he has no training...)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaps we have a problem : no Internet here, engineer working on fixing it but im not able to get online. I will try to find a client for my phine but can someone else run?

You have no reason to apologize CJ, on the contrary you informed us as you could. I am glad your internet is back though, it is tricky to live without all of a sudden - to me at least.

As Wits mentioned we decided to postpone it till next weekend and try our luck there.

Nagash, would you mind horribly if we continue (and possibly finish) the crown-theft while you are away? I'd would have preferred we all be present but it is almost a month into the future if we wait.

You guys can continue this on sunday, is not like Momo can do much at this point.

You guys can continue, though I would like to have Corbenik train single weapons (or whatever a faerie can do so he can get exp in it, as I don't know if he can train).

You can increase Pretense by observing a human who is training that ability you wants to copy and gain the same amount he gets that season. The problem is that person must be having a Momentous Personal experiance.

The Momentous wording makes it very difficult to gain the experiance since normal trainning is just normal, watching a human having a special training with the greatest knight in Europe or tutor by a dragon or trainning while fulling a bet with someone (train with one leg hopping) would count as Momentous.

My momo only got like 2 xp from watching Silas' wedding event...

Edit: Exception would be if you have the Faerie Trainer virtue which I just realise is free, goddammit. This let you have one or more human ability instead of pretense and you can increase those skill like normal. Goddammit.

Edit 2: Another way is using the creativity rule from pg 65, which is to have another human to write a story or something make something artistic to "update/rewrite" your faerie to gain/lose/change virtues. This cost pretense and your faerie need to beat some high ease factor.

I think Nyaa meant -this- Sunday (the 16th) Wits, - but there were a few who couldn't make it there either (and no one was online at the time..) so it was a no go.

Next weekend, hopefully, we can continue! Saturday preferred I think?

Edit: Exception would be if you have the Faerie Trainer virtue which I just realise is free, goddammit. This let you have one or more human ability instead of pretense and you can increase those skill like normal. Goddammit.

If it is free then we should automatically start with it, as their are a number of faerie things that are automatic, should there not be a conflicting virtue or flaw you purchased.

If there is a need for a second opinion then it sounds like you just missed it or didn't know it was there - and since it is free I'd say go for it. No reason to ruin your future game because you missed three lines of text. In the end it is a game and done for fun.

Also, Nagash, you are likely to get some exp for what you have attended in the current adventure, and your character as such is still with us. That said you can surely train or watch training if that is what you prefer :)

If there is a need for a second opinion then it sounds like you just missed it or didn't know it was there - and since it is free I'd say go for it. No reason to ruin your future game because you missed three lines of text. In the end it is a game and done for fun.

Oh good, since Momo is a real cat before becoming a faerie, I will put his cat related skills as real skill.

Time to edit all Momo's seasonal activity.

Although the spirit of the virtue is for the faerie to teach people his skill, so my Momo will teach you any social skill you need beside skill gained from faerie.

Bring your offering of fish.

Because it was unclear at the time we ended what will be our plan Ramon decided to fly toward the Flying city.

If I recap our discusion here at the forum right we get Silas married in a church in england so he be a son in law.

Then hope that her fater didn't get a christian burial so we could call his spirit.

For calling the spirit we need either convince the High Priest of Apollo or hope one of the elder of our covenant can do so.

Both options need us to go back to the flying city.

The question is if we first fly back to the city of Ivory and Jade to learn if we actual have a way to summon the ghost or first get Silas married.

Now that I think about it, it seems to become a theme where Calpurnia is always having her "Realm Travel" problem while everyone else is busy adventuring.

First is the twlight during the gauntlet adventure, then she get send to hell for her lab explore adventure, and now she's with the faerie troll.

Magic realm, infernal realm, and faerie realm. Would the next one be divine realm? Stay tune.

Ps: CJ, please finish her adventure soon.

Edit: Also realise how appropriate for someone on the Path of Seeming. You sure have seen everything, :D

Edit 2: Highly recommand you stack your current adventure as your cult initiation. It's been like 2-3 seasons one year and one seasons excluding the season she left. I can help you with that if it wasn't conflicting with what you and CJ is doing.

CJ have you asked by now about the confusion we have with the PeVi "Reduce a target’s Might Score" guidlines we have?

Because when I take the example spells from HP and the Core book its one per Domain (Fearie, Magic, Divine, Demon) but apearently you haved different infos on this.

I can see why some people dessing the spell to a specific creature like dragon because then you dont have to test what Domain it is from as the spell then works if it is a dragon no mater the domain.

Archived