Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday at 12 should work fine.

I can't play for a longer time no matter when we start. It's tricky to even go past 16pm gmt. I need to find time for my daughter, and especially when I have business trips that snatch a part of the weekend (like the last two weekends), it becomes a real juggle as it is.

We are all tasked with getting Calpurnia's lab cleared of traps and whatnot, but after that?

[/Quote]

No we are not its only Calpurina and to say it blunt if she dont offer something for the assistance would your realy help her with her blatant gift we fully expirienced till we got our gauntlet?

Beside we are not even allowed to enter unless Calpurina special allows us to! So its first up to Calpurina if she whant everything for her own or accept to share some thing the other can use to i.e set up theyr own lab.

I wonder if we will even get that far or if we should 'keep up the pressure' so to speak and actually do something about this dragon incursion. We've all been more or less requested to report to Iudicium, I believe under pain of death (which may or may not apply for us...).

Iudicium asked our Head Mage to hand us out so he can kill us and our Head Mage decided to not hand us out!

We shall have a Special Tribunal, then slay them -- slowly

If you want to go to him and accept this fate its up to you but none of my chars will go!

Besides the dragons there is the whole issue with Julia getting blamed for something we did (well, Gust did, but who is counting?). Can we really sit by an let a war be started over a mistake? *cough* I forgot my audience. Can Silas really stand by and let this happen... probably not. We'll see how it develops.

Where do you want to go to plotical solve this problem with a big fat wanted alive for puting to a slow , painfull dead on your head?

For every non Political options we missing to much knowledge to do a thing (beside also the power to go against a Archmage and his follower)!

At last for Class is clear if the City stay afloat he wont set a foot down to the ground in the next months except he absolut must.

Edit:

Strictly speaking my magic theory is a big fat zero

How is this posible? You need at last Magic Theory 1 to even learn a spell!

Beside its the absolut first thing you get teached after Latin & Artes Librares from your parent because this is the Skill you use to assist them in the lab.

How is this posible? You need at last Magic Theory 1 to even learn a spell!

I think CJ might had missed that when he check the sheet. Someone also told me that I'm actually one point off from learning some of the spell I have in char gen.

Do any one of us the ability to do some kind of Detect Magic? (i.e. Intelgo Vim lvl 30 Sense of the Lingering Magic)

Without such a thing going int the Lab of Calpurinas Mentor is similiar to a blind flight trough a mine field!

But if I rember right none of our Chars is any good in InVi so it might be more realistic if Calpurina ask some one else for help and not the player chars.

Beside its good posible that Calpurina is still allowed to get in where other player would triger the traps

Do any one of us the ability to do some kind of Detect Magic? (i.e. Intelgo Vim lvl 30 Sense of the Lingering Magic)

Without such a thing going int the Lab of Calpurinas Mentor is similiar to a blind flight trough a mine field!

Calpurnia's path of seeming will actually lead her toward this, so waiting for her to be initiated is also an option.

I do have sense nature of vis though yeah. I've been hoping and using it as if it can also detect magic.

Also head magus guy told me I could get help from our group. If that means buying then we cross that road when we get there, but first I will enlist the aid of companions and grogs. I will also try to find out how magic traps work and go over my memory (talk with CJ) on how I've gotten in before.

MAGIC THEORY 3 HOO RAH!!!

yay seems I may have (*cough* cheated *cough*) missed that I had magical theory one? :P

Anyway.

The problem with Silas is that he is too idealistic and too much a meddler to not get involved in the political struggle I think (if he can get away with it)

"Calpurnia - Goricious will have left wards and traps on his lab. You may take your friends to open them, and if you survive, you may keep all his possessions of course."

-Antonius

Depending on how you weigh this it could be he is expecting us to do it or it could be that Calpurnia is free to decide if she needs aid or not.

yay seems I may have (*cough* cheated *cough*) missed that I had magical theory one? :P

Anyway.

The problem with Silas is that he is too idealistic and too much a meddler to not get involved in the political struggle I think (if he can get away with it)

Depending on how you weigh this it could be he is expecting us to do it or it could be that Calpurnia is free to decide if she needs aid or not.

Ouch! You need Magic Theory 3 to set up a lab. Now given the labs are already set up partly, you only need one season not two - all of you - to personalise them - but Silas needs to read a good book on Magic theory till his Magic Theory gets to 3 so he can learn spells and invent stuff. Otherwise only way to advance is being taught bot others...

cj x

I do have sense nature of vis though yeah. I've been hoping and using it as if it can also detect magic.

It can sense the type of vis something contains :) However sponting to find magic at touch range is fairly easy if potentially deadly. It runs off Intellego Vim. I think you need target Vision to see it really: look it up. I am afraid I don't have my rulebook to hand -- I can't find it, which is proving awkward. I'll have to search tomorrow. :( The best spell for this sort of thing is Sight of the Active Magics - unfortunately that is InVi30!

cj x

It can sense the type of vis something contains :) However sponting to find magic at touch range is fairly easy if potentially deadly. It runs off Intellego Vim. I think you need target Vision to see it really: look it up. I am afraid I don't have my rulebook to hand -- I can't find it, which is proving awkward. I'll have to search tomorrow. :( The best spell for this sort of thing is Sight of the Active Magics - unfortunately that is InVi30!

cj x

Do I have a time limit other than the Dragons coming to destroy us all to clear out his room?

I should mention, most likely I won't be able to get my intellego vim high enough quickly enough (not to mention learning/invent that spell) I currently have a 1 in itellego and a 5 in vim, so yeah long~~~~ time.

I think getting horribly mutilated injured would cost you a few wasted seisons to recover, so you probably should just wait until you are really ready or find a good trap seeker or you tap your path's power first.

Imagine you botching in the lab... imagine it.

Hmm, why do I get the feeling I'm going to be charging in?

Anyway Schwarzbart, how high is Ramon's magic defense if he even has one. This is to decide how much I use him during the lab assault phase (as support or vanguard{if he has higher defense than me then I will be surprised}). And, how much would it cost for Class to wait outside and possibly heal me if the norm happens (I roll a 10 at some point).

I will not be asking much help from my fellows as I'm pretty certain I have a magus with the highest magical defense and as far as I know none of you have magic to boost magic defense. Mainly waiting to see if CJ has any lore stuff for me.

A Human/ Animal without the Gift usualy have no Resist against Magic at all!

Only Creatures with a Might score no mather of the Domain it comes from have a natural resist against Magic.

So yes its absolut possibel that a Familiar resist magic bether then a Magus.

The Resistance of a Hermtic Magus is Stamina + Parma Magica (what we have at 1 right now) and then depending of the spell your Form Bonus might come into effect.

On a side Note every spell that Heal or even just stop the target from dying in the aftereffect of a wound / disease is Ritual magic and so cost Vis.

You have absolut no plan what Class makes there to stop the people from bleeding to dead and that takes it effect so fast!

It might be a much more powerfull version of Bind Wound but apearently even allow Healing afterwards.

(What CJ showed when Class healed the stranger at the Devil's Chimney was actuall a bit nice from CJ as Class couldn't realy heal the damage from the freeze instead he just increased the Recovery with a bether spell then Baruch did bevore)

Makara would probably just ask the wall, floor, etc. if there's trap around.

Wall and floor probably won't understand it and need explanation, and so Makara would provide an example to them by activate a trap, hurt himself, and wa la.

Gustbran is only really interested in dealing with the archmage Stephan. having a war start over his actions is lamentable but from what he could tell from the quaesitor's actions previously, the mage seriously has a paranoia and superiority complex and it's really his own fault if he eventually gets killed by threatening every other person he comes across.

Since Gustbran has virtually no political clout, he will attempt to help deal with the traps as a meat shield if it's necessary assuming he gets some magical assistance and a voucher for help with Stephan.

Archived