Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

Some Answears I just got from CJ that might of interest to other

1) Can we Study Art Summae without a Lab?

Yes, books you can

2) Is there a deadline how fast we should set up our Lab (given the recent burp of our Covenant I doubt there is any complain if we delay it)

Nope, but they are -3 to all totals till finished.

3) Do we have a Quaesitor at our covenant?

Yes Antonius the leader of the covenant!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, um, I have a character now. :) Her name is Amaranth, because I couldn't resist an in-joke. I look forward to playing with you! Not as forward to getting up at the crack of dawn, but I'll make do.

Thanks for allowing me to play with ya'll and everything.

Oh, and could someone retype the commands for getting in to the chatroom using the firefox built in IRC browser?

I asked a fellow gm to use his channel and he agree to help out anyone that come in. Just tell him you are from here and not his new pbp game that he's recruiting.

The room address is here irc://irc.synirc.net/wizardbase

If you don't know how to get in then...

I use firefox so I use the browser-based irc program chatzilla, if you use MIRC or other thing, then the following process might be a little different for you and I don't know about those.

1) In the program, type in "/attach irc.synirc.net" without the quote. This will connect you to the synirc server.

2) "/join wizardbase" without the quote. This will connect you to the room or make a new one if it's nonexistence.

-Nyaa

And a link for good meassure if something else should pop up: Here

Hope you get up in time :)

Ah, typical. I only get up at midnight here (in anticipation for the early game) and so I missed the email when it was sent. I've got it now and sent the reply but it may be too late for this session. :(

"Hope spings eternal"

Unlikely as remember the covenant is heading north with "purpose" as there really isn't much north of southern england and considering we move 120 miles per day as it's doing double time. We will most likely reach the destination in next session and as such useless to start to study unless you wish not to partake in the adventure. Which depending on what it is Calpurnia may or may not. (and as I now have Corbenik it's a lot easier to leave Calpurnia to do her own thing)

Maybe we're going to fly all the way over the world and end up in Antarctica?

...Probably not.

Amaranth is probably going to participate in the next few adventures because there isn't much point to coming all the way from Transylvania and just sitting around in Silus's tower staring at the ceiling, but I sort of want to make a huntery companion just to see if I can actually build a character with this system.

Owing to a bereavement my already flaky response rate is going to be slower over the next couple of weeks while I try and help out with things. I'm sure you all understand. :( Speak soon

cj x

You mean like we meet a day even if CJ can't make it, do some minor stuff, and report the results to him the next time?

Yeah, with a substitute gm. CJ said we can go for it if he's can't made it.

Say, in order to get the rules down a bit better, I'm attempting to make a magus mostly for fun. I think I've gotten pretty far but I'm struggling with spells. I've a list of them, but how is it calculated so that they are learned? According to the info I've gleamed from the net, an apprentice gets 120 "levels" of spells, but the list I have doesn't mention anything about this...

I'm not sure I get what you mean. Your list doesn't have the levels of the spells? That's probably the most important bit of info and is usually together with the name of the spell, a number varying between 5-80, something like (CrAu 20). You can have 120 levels of those, but you must make sure you can learn them, i.e. that your technique + form + intelligence + magic theory (am I forgetting something?) add up to more that the spell's level. You can't learn spells that are higher level than that.

Ah. I thought that was some roll you had to do, though thinking about it, that makes perfect sense as the level of difficulty would be related to the dice roll. :P

Although, some of these don't seem to have numbers attached to them.. These are general (?) spells?

Is that supposed to mean that you don't need to have any ability with the form/technique in order to learn it? Gah, this is so extremely confusing! :(

(also, from what I'm been reading, you're supposed to add 3 on top of that list as well)

Possible Adventure I think someone can do (if must I maybe can try to do but don't get angry if I fail as GM).

"Recovery of the Flying Boat"

Must Characters Baruch as the Senior Mage who viewed as partial responsibility in the "lost" of the boat.

Someone to get there i.e Ramon.

If I should do it then I would prefer to not have the full team as 7 or even 8 player are to much for me!

Archived