Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creme Pudding, if you would like to join us for a session you are very welcome. I'm woefully bad at answering my mail right now because I'm doing 30 Tribunal Cases for November over on the Ars Magica forums, but if you are free next Saturday 12 noon GMT drop me a line at chrisjensenromer@hotmail.com if you would like to join in and see if you enjoy it.

:)

cj x

Thanks!

I've never played Ars Magica before, so I think I might read up a bit and let you know will I join tomorrow, as I am at GMT+8 and it'd be 4am for me (is required to stay awake during 1am~3am for academic reason) :P

I love this, it is free time-conversion lessons for everyone ;)

It should be 8pm your time Creme, unless you meant -8.

+8 Would place you in Australia, China (or the south-eastern parts of Asia, maybe Russia, I'm not sure how they handle the large number of timezones there.

-8 Would mean you are in the western part of America.

Regardless the place, you are most welcome to play along with us, or just take a peek if you want to get a feel for it first.

I love this, it is free time-conversion lessons for everyone ;)

It should be 8pm your time Creme, unless you meant -8.

+8 Would place you in Australia, China (or the south-eastern parts of Asia, maybe Russia, I'm not sure how they handle the large number of timezones there.

-8 Would mean you are in the western part of America.

Regardless the place, you are most welcome to play along with us, or just take a peek if you want to get a feel for it first.

Oh.... right. If it's 8pm, I am not very sure can I be there. I will drop by and take a peek if I get lucky, but thanks for the offer anyway :P

OK, firstly, my apologies for not getting back to everyone. I was caught up in the 30 days thing, and trying to sort out various domestic emergencies (I'm currently typing this in a room with no lights...) Secondly...

Houston, we have a problem! Remember I said I was doing a lecture on Saturday but would reschedule it? Well unfortunately it is being filmed, so I won't be able to change the times. This means I will be unable to make any time before midnight GMT Saturday, so I'm going to have to cancel. I will attempt to email and message everyone later tonight.

I could do midnight GMT on Saturday/Sunday, or alternatively any time Sunday really if others can reschedule. However with us all in different time zones, I appreciate it's not so easy to reschedule, especially given such little time (I'm writing this on Wednesday evening). However let me know if possible, if not I'm afraid we will have to skip this week. I'm terribly sorry. I had no idea I would not be able to reschedule my talk easily :(

cj x

Best of luck Saturday CJ :)

That said, if we want to do it Saturday/Sunday, who can attend?

It will be around 10am (Sunday) in Australia

Around 6pm (Saturday) in America

~12pm-4am for our Europe crowd. (Sunday)

Please check your own times, I am just writing this for reference.

I think I'll hate myself for it but I'll attend if we get enough attendance and if CJ thinks he can manage it. That said I can understand if you wish to withdraw your offer, if you have to be entertaining most of the day and then having to run a game for a few hours and after midnight... yeah.

Still, if people would be kind enough to check if they could make it 12 GMT (midnight) I'll be grateful. As an alternatively consider if you could make it if we make it 4am GMT or 12 GMT(noon - but Sunday). these are also poor times around the globe and there is no shame in saying no. (to any of them)

My understanding is that Nagash and Schwarzbart can make Sunday midday GMT. If that fits others it's fine by me. Two people can't make the midnight Saturda/Sunday suggestion. I'm trying to work out everyone's addresses, but I'm so used to character names. Who is who?

We have

Helpax

Baruch

Class Eule

Calpurnia

Silas

Am I missing someone? And what are the user names for me to PM? :) I'm going to see if Sunday works for people. If not, we can skip a week!

cj x

Still, if people would be kind enough to check if they could make it 12 GMT (midnight) I'll be grateful. As an alternatively consider if you could make it if we make it 4am GMT or 12 GMT(noon - but Sunday). these are also poor times around the globe and there is no shame in saying no. (to any of them)

Sat 4 AM GMT probably will work

Sat/Sun 0:00 GMT no way I can do this

Sun 4 AM GMT probably will work

Sun 12:00 GMT best time for me of the offered

To the question of who is who:

Nyaa - Makara

Nagash - Calpurnia

Mr. Shade - Helpax

Wits - Baruch

Schwartzbart - Class

Adrian - Silas

And please keep replying concerning the times. If nothing else then so we know if you've heard that we won't be playing at the usual 12 noon GMT :)

I will be available most of Sunday est time, can't make a Saturday night game entirely due to another rpg I am playing. In theory I could do both though my reactions will be much slower and stuff. Sunday, the later it is the harder it will be for me to stay on due to needing to wake up and get out of the house at 6:20am EST (damned ridiculous school hours).

I'm not going to be back in time to do 4am GMT unfortunately. I'll email people today, but I could do 12 noon GMT Sunday (ie. tomorrow). If people can make 12 noon, which I know some of you can, drop me a line. I'm afraid next week is going to be an issue as well - I have to be away from home Thursday to Sunday, and will have no PC access where I will be. A complete pain, but sadly unavoidable. We may as well start thinking about what to do about that now too. I don't want to give up on the game obviously, but scheduling is hard for us all :( I'll email people before I set off today, and log in 12 noon tomorrow and we will see what we can do, but assuming some of you can make it we should be able to run a session hopefully, and I can involve the others in their own storyline splitting the party until we can meet up again together. :)

cj x

Archived