Black Chicken Studios Forums

Drakov's Workshop

Drakov

Hello!

First I want to say that I am a big fan of Academagia and the BCS-team but I were always more a lurker type on the forums until now because I was disappointed in the wiki of the game. The game's biggest strength (and weakness!) is it's complexity, high learning curve. Unfortonately I couldn't find any deptful enough guide for Academagia so that's why I thougt that I will make myself! I'm a big fan of wikis and similar free and userprovided sites but for this game I think it deserves more, I want to see the inner mechanics of the game explained even in offline mode, easily editable, compressed, not clicking through a myriad netpages, blocking ad-pages, etc. This is my first of my motivations, the second is that I want to make the game much easier by providing lists and statistics about the elements of the game and the third one: maybe someone else as fanatical and hardcore fan as myself will use and enjoy my little project. :D

All my research is in a big excel worksheet with many tabs, is based on the the new modbase4 (I started with the 3, but luckily it was updated, now I am just waiting for upcoming DLCs or Year 2 :D). I will make this thread updated at least once in a month (it depends on RL). :)

I set some tasks, they are in semi-priority order, I make alphabetical lists first after that I dive into them, detail them and add some powergamer tips and strategies. I want to become an Archmage/prodigy:D

Tasks:

I.- a guide to phemes:

1. alphabetical list (Completed!)

(maybe extend with their rarity, seems interesting)

(add phemes that are not in game but are mentioned as opposite phemes; a Year 2 additions or canceled plans?)

(add phemes that are mentioned in lore and considered Legendary)

2. a detailed list (difficulty, effects, spell types, magnitude, opposite) (40%)

(some of the informations are not important in Year 1, later years will bring in affinity, important for Enchantment)

II. - a guide to skills

1. alphabetical list (Completed!)

(also a list ordered by parent skill)

2. detailed list (study, level, attribute)

III.- a guide to spells:

1. alphabetical list (20%)

(maybe another with added rarity and phemes necessary?)

2. detailed list (rarity, description (all), type, rolls, phemes)

IV. - a location guide

1. alphabetical list

2. detailed list (type, difficulty, discovery, effects)

V.- a guide to items:

1. alphabetical list

2. item type list

3. detailed list (rarity, durability, size, worth, conceability, enchant, artifice, affinity, ingredients, ability)

(still not decided, maybe split into two-three, a second on artifice and/or enchant, it is not detailed in Year 1)

VI. - a lore guide

(still not decided on memories, pheme, spells lore, inventors, later decided)

- a year guide: frome the Captivity of Men till present day

- an encyclopedia on Elumia: territory/political; a history on ancient Elumia and famous persons/events

- a book edition list (mostly for fun)

VII. - a guide to adventures

1. alphabetical list

(modify with exact names)

2. detailed list (prerequisite, exits, rolls, rewards)

VIII. - a guide to students

1. alphabetical list

(maybe modify by college?)

2. detailes guide (familiars, clique abilities,)

3. in depth guide (AI goals, personality analysis)

IX. - a guide to catalogs/merchants

1. alphabetical list

(extended with wares)

2. detailed list

(copy from item guide, another option to obtain)

X. - a guide to constellations

1. alphabetical list

2. detailed list

XI. - a guide to emotions

1. alphabetical list

2. detailed

XII. - a guide to familiars

1. alphabetical list

2. detailed list (attribute, ability)

(extend with possible adventure prizes)

XIII. - a guide to instructors/favors

1. detailed list

XIV. - a location guide

1. alphabetical list

2. detailed list (type, difficulty, discovery, effects)

XV. - a guide to merit

1. detailed list

Here are some fun facts for you: there are 654 phemes in the game! (at least in mod4) Later I will add some numbers and percentages for rarity too.

There are 302 skills (including 55 parent skills). :)

There are 514 locations. :D

These are a bit hypotethical numbers, it needs a bit more research, but I think on the Elumia map are 184 regions (58? states). I think I will make a more detailed post on it later.

I want to contribute my thinkings on the sorting priority.

Tasks:

III.- a guide to spells:

3. Sorting according to rolls

This is of most important in this section. You need to know which spell you can cast reliably, ie your best skills or your skills with best supporting location. Which is where this section come on in. If you concentrate on Art, Dialectic, Grammar, anything but magic skills, you need to know which spells or magical abilities you can use.

IV. - a location guide

3. Sorting according to Subskills it boosted

This is of most important in this section. You need to know which location you can use for your intended subskills, like when you Pray and you need a Piety location

V.- a guide to items:

4. Sorting according to body part wearing. You need the least fuss to get a full set of rings, for example. Or where you can get necklaces...

3. Sorting according to the least time slots used to complete. This is of importance in the late game, when you might have about 45 days left to complete as much as you can.

4. Sorting according to most missable requirement. Like a quest that happen right after the exams and expire shortly after (AFter the Exams). Priority is time, then class, then skill level (because we probably can cast spell on ourself to lower or raise skill level to get it).

VIII. - a guide to students

4. Sorting according to benefit they bring. priority is passive stats, passive skills, shortest adventures, stat/skills gained in adventures, then the rest. You dont want to waste time to use Clique ability.

XIII. - a guide to instructors/favors

2. Sorting according to alphabetical class. You want to know which teacher in your chosen class.

3. Sorting according to easiest way to gain relationship. Priority is adventures, then actions. You dont want to waste that +5 Relationship to a level 10 instructor.

Oh, and before I forget:

A guide to actions

4. Sorting according to the number of Subskills they expand. We need those +4SS actions. Then +3.

5. a shortlist of targetable actions. You want to target certain skills but you also want to be most efficient.

6. A shortlist of money earning actions, priority is most skills affect and most money earned. Like arranging flower can get you 150 if you succeed all rolls.

Should be interesting to see what you will conjour up :)

Yeah, I like the wiki, but it since got easier to look whatever you needed up on the modtools, which, for me at least, caused me to lose the same interest I have in the wiki. That said I keep some lists still. Not on wiki but personal reference. Easy skill/attribute gains, some of my favorite spells... and so on. I'm looking forward to see if I've missed something huge though.

admittedly, I am impressed you've not only counted the phemes in game but made a list too. You found a niche where you can easily earn points I think :)

Thank you for your kind words Legate and Leoshi, I will try my best! ;)

ps. I am making a list for bugs and typos too, a little polishing doesn't hurt.

Oh, wow. For familiars, you might want to divide the list into player familiars and non-player familiars for easier access :)

Yes, I want to divide by type, the list will be mainly a reference for myself.

laclongquan, thank you for your suggestions!

I think I can answer most of your questions: yes, I want to make a "how to obtain", "which gives the max rolls/bonuses" section, just like on wiki, that feature I like the most, I always forget where I can obtain the Circlet of Mastery :)

3. Sorting according to the least time slots used to complete. This is of importance in the late game, when you might have about 45 days left to complete as much as you can.

Yes, this addition is on my mental list and the missable requirements too. I have already completely detailed some adventures, but my main focus is on the easy and fast features, sadly the adventure is in the "looong and complex" section of my priority list. :D

A guide to actions

4. Sorting according to the number of Subskills they expand. We need those +4SS actions. Then +3.

5. a shortlist of targetable actions. You want to target certain skills but you also want to be most efficient.

6. A shortlist of money earning actions, priority is most skills affect and most money earned. Like arranging flower can get you 150 if you succeed all rolls.

Oh, I've completely forgot to add, I want to make an ability/action guide too, but firstly I want to make the "frame" of the game, after that I can add the sweet, sweet features. I think there aren't +4SS actions (the Sphynx was too powerful).

admittedly, I am impressed you've not only counted the phemes in game but made a list too. You found a niche where you can easily earn points I think :)

Just counting the phemes would be illogical, it would just give a number, but with a list made (which wasn't so hard) I can make some truly interesting analysis later and by making a pheme "alphabet" future additions will be much easier to add and categorize.

Forgive me for the blunt question but what do you do for search in Modtool? Because that you can do in Wikia, but certainly not in the tool. Even with the outdated data, Wikia is still of use due to that aspect.

I think I can answer for this: yes, in modtool you can't search like in the wiki, but it is perfect for an absent minded person like me, like for looking for the exact requirements of an adventure and on the wiki there isn't so many lore. :)

Hm, I added rarity to phemes and started detailing them with opposition. Here are some numbers:

There are 652 phemes = 28 Legendary phemes (4.3%), 127 Rare phemes (19.5%), 268 Uncommon phemes (41.1%) and 229 Common phemes (35.1%). It's a bit strange that Uncommon phemes are more than Common phemes, but I found at least 30 Phemes in affinity and opposition that are not added to the Pheme list (like Vibrancy, Incoherency, Dissonance, Despair, Deteriorate, Planar, Dessicate, Infamy, Pedestrian, Cower, Wild etc), maybe they are upcoming features.

Other strangeness, likely bugs: the description of Air mentions Earth as opposite but it is not in effect! So as Infinite-Finite OK, but at Finite Infinite is not opposite, just magnitude. Sickness-Health OK, but at Health - DELETE - Sickness is written! Regeneration's opposite is Animal (which does not have opposite), Decrepit's opposite is Regeneration.

They must be bugs, there are a couple of more them, I will write them down.

ps. Two phemes have 2 opposites (Austerity and Destruction), but their opposites are ghost phemes too, it is intended?

Aha, there are 4ss, but kind of focused, which is good for the particulate area. I will search for good ss-actions, but other things at priority first.

Hm, I maybe still accept the wiki as a necessary substitue for sharing, other ideas turned to be worse.

I want to start the lore section too (kind of encyclopedia style, not game wise lore), adding things like Volnauge, states like Lauens, gods (old and new) like Solin, God of the Sun, dragons (Ghraemauthaur the Conquerer) and people too, but I don't know, which is better: Bargo Bargolis, astronomer or Bargolis, Bargo - Astronomer, because there are some similar named (or cousins) persons, but it is fairly rare. So much to ponder. :)

Drakov, a word to the wise, please.

The nearly whole group of possible Phemes, Spells, already up in Wikia but it's incomplete and could use some look over. If it's complete, search in wikia using google engine will be much better. A text list would be nice but that more works for you while you still have plenty to do.

Phemes: we need more info on what dont work with which spell. Like Cleanse doesnt seem to work with Cleanse and Remake, for example. But that is of low priority

Spells: List sorted according to rolls. This is actually of much use, and hard to find info due to the way google search. We just need a list of two columns: First Roll to succeed, and, Spell list. Ie, as long as that first roll succeed that spell will shoot.

SS expanding: shortlist of targetable actions. You want to target certain skills but you also want to be most efficient.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long delay, I forgot to mention that December is a busy month and I was netless for some weeks too and unfortunately I had a car accident too, but no harm was done luckily. :unsure:

Progress: I only worked on my project only 2-3 hours a week, at most, so any real progress, I started detailing the spell and adventure section (I estimate at this progress rate only a mere 238 days and I will be finished :lol: ).

laclongquan, I'm not used to do anything in wiki, so my priority is still adding all the raw data in excel, but I will see how much time I have and maybe I will become a wikiguru.

ps. the project is still alive (as myself), I will try to update once a month, but due to RL things, I will only rarely be active. Be nice everyone, bye! ;)

Archived