Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Academagia Gradebook (Year 1)

freespace2dotcom

You remember how I only originally supported my own classes? Well guess which of those classes received more love and attention! ;)

Seriously, though, I tried to leave some breathing room because I couldn't know if a student would attend a class or not, which does affect the percentages.

That said, there's no excuse for 9 failures in a 34-35 student class. I will review all of the classes and adjust percentages based on whether the player attends it or not.

Does that make you happy? :P

Well, just for you, Schwarzbart, I've released a v1.55 instead.

It has everything fixed except the grade percentage error. I've smoothed over arithmetic and rhetoric in this copy until I can actually look at that properly in the real v1.6. (which I am in no rush to do..)

v1.55

http://www.filehostfree.com/?d=52A7E3C41

edit: let me know if the class attendance buttons work for you.

Well, I've spent the last week working on this sheet and I'm kinda burnt out on it. I pushed hard right up so that the goal could be done today and as soon as I got up to post you hit me with it.

I do things in spurts. I'll probably continue writing my adventures now. :)

I'll get to it eventually, but the most grievous grade percentage errors were fixed. If you look at the arithmetic sheet, the current formula has 4 failures instead of 9.

The selector at the class tabs is still not working probably a problem of importing to LibreOffice.

Arithmetic Ranking have =RANG(G39; G5:G37; 0 ) instead =RANG(G39; G5:G39; 0 )

Grammar Ranking have =RANG(G38; G5:G37; 0 ) also one line to few

I did copy Astrology and Arithmetic over from the sheet I current using and selected Avila and added Arithmetic as Class 5 but the display for the player char for both class don't work.

Maybe its best that I continue to fix the v14 sheet I use right now because I only have to fix the Hybrid Curve calculations there that I can make the results public.

Edit: this shouldn't discourage you to get your sheet finished because I'm sure some other player would love to use it

Now *that* I have no idea how that got there. very annoying! :(

Keep in mind as yet I don't have the formulas down to tell the 'class sheets' which class you're taking you still have to check the box on each class individually. Writing the names of the classes is just for the total sheet to compare you against the other kids academically.

Do what you think is best, and feel free to use my work as a template. Just please don't share your mods to it without putting something in it to let people know what you've changed to the base work.

Edit: also, the total sheet needs to have everything 100% input to work.

All right, I've found and fixed more typos,

I've double-checked the ranking formulas and fixed a few errors.

I've reviewed the grade percentage error and have adapted the formula on all classes that use the curve (which is all but pure distribution.) that needed tweaking

It is still not 100% *perfect* (Schwarzbart, I'm looking at you ;) ) but short of someone from the team telling me the specific formula and how it is rounded, I refuse to nitpick and refine the accuracy of a best guess any further than what I have done. I'm confidant that the accuracy is now ~98% overall, which is pretty damn good all things considered.

One thing that Schwarzbart has been unable to use due to using libre office, is my overall sheet, which takes the grades of all students and ranks them according to college and academy. Here is what it should look like when completed. This is my character that will be used in Y2, and the class' stats.

a3lhzb.png

Barring a major, MAJOR error in this version... or if a revelation concerning the Y1 grades pops up, I fully intend for this to be the final version of my Y1 grade book.

Enjoy.

V1.6 (really)

http://www.filehostfree.com/?d=52A98D211

David Atwood as Best Aranaz Student? <_<

Ana Flavia as Best Avila Student? ^_^

Zorzi Galea as Best Godina Student? :mellow:

Rui da Casga as Best Ver(m)in Student? :rolleyes:

Ana Flavia in 2nd place overall. :)

Worst Performing for Godina is Noemia? Ouch

Deadlist 1st place goes to Joana? *Preparation H activated*

Isn't there a conflict of interest if the whole thing was recorded by Citizen David Atwood?

I would suggest to give a Pass the full 5 points like a First Class Honors but general I think it would be better if you add the Ranking of the different Class to get the best student.

Edit: I will go with 4.5 for this in the version I plan to make public for Angelik as 3 is to few by all the First Class Honors we have in the other class.

I might adjust the Pass/fail classes to be worth 4, but definitely not a full 5, as those kids did not compete with others at all to receive that grade and so deserve a penalty. If you want to edit it yourself, the cell to change is I14. but I don't think that's the best solution. technically those classes don't even count at all, but if you fail, you still fail.

oh, and that says dead last, not list. sorry, the resolution was downscaled on upload.

That's an interesting Idea combining it with the class rankings, but by itself is not enough to motivate me to put out a new version.

It was recorded by the game, merely input by me. not 100% accurate but close.

I have no interest in inputting familiars until those become important academically.

And yes, Legate, it is cool! thanks to this baby, the team might even get info from outside their own calculations.

Montors actually has a 'rivalry' with Melis. No doubt because Zoe has no interest in the 'tutoring' Milena provides... ... They were probably in an all out war, is my thinking.

Montors actually has a 'rivalry' with Melis. No doubt because Zoe has no interest in the 'tutoring' Milena provides... ... They were probably in an all out war, is my thinking.

Zoe provides her own rival tutoring service (after a little "help") and Zoe is also poor/common whereas Milena is rich/socially superior I think - Milena has a real dislike for Zoe, but I don't remember it going back the other way.

Keeping them both in a clique is very tough as Milena keeps bullying poor Zoe - which is why I gave up on Milena (also, her clique ability got nerfed whereas Zoe's ability is awesome), I suspect game balance was in point - back when Milena gave +3 skill steps once every 3 days the combination of the two was extremely potent from a power game perspective.

Edit: fixed the broken quote box.

I understand, but I stand firm on the belief that pass/fail cannot possibly be treated on the same level academically as the others.

If the Olympics had an event that gave you a medal if you managed to do decently, how would those medals be compared to the ones from real events? They really wouldn't. As Massiotti says of people who go to Godina.. (the college with the pass/fail classes) "People come to Godina for two reasons: To play Rimbal, and to learn skills needed to support oneself when they are too old to play Rimbal." Now that *may* be a bit biased but I'm sure he's not alone in thinking that.

In the end, pass/fail classes should have a marked negative effect on academic performance in relation to the others.. I might tweak that to 3.5 or 4, but no higher. More realistically I would make it so those classes had *no* weight, but I think a failure in them should still count.

That said, if the Legate would share insight from the Team, it would be the most persuasive argument......

Free;

It does not have negative effect on academic performance, but because classes with normal grading structure tend to lead to more advanced classes, the net result is that too many P/NP courses close off academic progression.

That's ok Legate, the Academagia only provides those classes to get the paying thicko's in, once they've got through a few years those kids are educated enough for the moneyed classes and the Academagia can get on with the serious business of educating the remaining students to produce the next generation of professors... :D

• 1 month later...

I knew that hosting service was sketchy...

But it was simple and didn't require having to register..

anyway, problem solved., I switched to a new one.

http://www.filedropper.com/academagiagradebook