Black Chicken Studios Forums

Is Windows XP still supported?

Witness

Hello. After a couple of years of a break I recalled that I had Academagia around,and decided to give it a go on my old, but still working well computer, partially encouraged by the new patch (though I must say that I believe that current version of Academagia has enough content to make it last for a long while and I'd rather have new events and so on moved to the sequel, but that's beside the point).

However, after patching, I've stumbled upon a system error message at the very first screen after turning on the game.

I've reinstalled it, applied patch again, to the same effect. My account on this computer has admin priviledges and my .net framework is 4.0 which is the newest available for my system, (slightly spiffed-up) Windows XP. I know of existence of slightly newer version, 4.5.1 which however is designed only for Win Vista/7/8.

I am sure I was able to play older version of Academagia before and thus I am using this account (formerly made to exchange a few messages with Legate) to get an answer whether the issues may mean that I won't be able to play the game anymore without being forced to change whole OS.

Log from the most recent attempt at activation states:

[Academagia 2.14.0.0] - [2014-04-28T14:18:29.125+02:00] - [Error] - System.MissingMethodException: Method Not Found: 'Void System.Windows.Media.Animation.Storyboard.Begin()'.
in Academagia.MainWindow.LoadWelcomeContainer()
in Academagia.MainWindow._introductionTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)
in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Alright, thanks for the info. Given what I understand from analysing the error log, I still assume the issue is somewhere in .net framework, even if theoretically it shouldn't be a problem as I have every package from 1.1 to 4. Guess I'll have to gut it all up and put it back together, though I hoped to avoid that. Will drop a word if I'll manage to fix it.

Alright, after juggling, deleting and reinstalling different packages I've managed to get the game work, for now. Don't know if there was just some clash between them, some package was outdated but still necessary or whatever. Guess it was a self-help thread. Hopefully, at least it will be of some use to other users wondering why their XP cannot handle the game. I can fade now to the lurking. Goodbye.

Archived