Black Chicken Studios Forums

Steam achievement suggestion for Academagia

Schwarzbart

I'm not good at giving names but I think this could be good Achievements for Academagica:

(I original had this in a other posting but it probably would get lost there till the team come around to port Academagia Y1 for Steam)

Long Letter You have read the letter from Gera (Introductory Letter)

Friend of a 3th year A 3th year student count you among her best friends (Tutorial Adventure 20 success)

Aranaz Student Finished a game as student in Aranaz

Avila Student Finished a game as student in Avila

Durand Student Finished a game as student in Durand

Godina Student Finished a games as student in Godina

Hedi Student Finished a game as student in Hedi

Morvidus Student Finished a game as student in Morvidus

Vernin Student Finished a game as student in Vernin

Completionist You played a game with each College

Student at 2 Schools You joined a other school beside Academagia to learn there also.

Student at 3 Schools You still wonder how you managed to find the time to study at 2 other school beside your learning for Academagia

Still at School? You did already know all you need by mid term for at last one class (Mid Term Exam Score 100+)

Favorit Student Max your reputation with a professor

Detention, Detention, Detention You spend a lot of time in detention (normal Detention + Special Detention + Ode to Pluiete Adventure)

Bad Student Hall Session are boring as hell

Unbelievable Bad Student You are among the few in Academagia's history who managed to get kicked from the Academy trough the first year

Bully's 'friend' Become the enemy of our all favourite bully (Philippe Marchant -5)

The Pranksters Favourite Become the enemy of a prankster (Rui da Casga -5)

Headmaster Killer You defeated a former Legate of Academagia

Broken Bond You broken the bond with your familiar (used Exchange Familiar or Gift of the Familiar)

Outworldy Joined The Schohanwicht School

Cog Spring Collector You collected both Battle Mace figures

Games Of Academagia Collect items from at last 3 games in one play trough (Battle Mace, Wei-Qi and The Proving Ground)

Violin Master As Master of Music you followed the path of the Maestinger (got Petrified Pinewood Piccolo and Master's Miniature Violin)

Historian You discovered the truth about 2 important historic events and earned praise for that (The Dance of the Fools 10a Exit 1 & Dies Felicitatis 08 Exit 2 success)

Book Writer You started to write your own book (used Write Travel Log)

School Life

Model Student Finish the year with no class ever skipped

Top Student have the first score in all the mid-term and end of year exams.

Hermione's pride raise all your study skill to ten before the mid-term exam

Best in exams... not in learning have the first score in the Kalirii exams with your non bonus class skill score at 4 or less.

BAD!! :P

Dark Temptation Discover all forbidden magic subskill.

Rogue Mage Raise both Mastery and Gates to ten.

Illegal use Use Gate or Mastery in an event or adventure0.

The Puppetter Control a student with Mastery.

Pact with the Devil ? Make a pact with a dragon.

The School in the Shadow Join a school teaching forbidden magic.

The Book of Shadow Get the Book of Shadow.

Power Sacrifice Sacrifice your familiar.

Dark Modder Finish Metis's adventures. :P

SKILL

Pillar novice Have a score of ten in one of the following skill: Astrology, Glammour, Incantation, Revision, Negation

Rare magic novice Have a score of ten in one of the following skill: Enchant, Calligraphy, Synchronicity

Omni-disciplinarian have at least a score of ten in the following main skill : Astrology, Glammour, Incantation, Revision, Negation.

Archimagus novitius Have ALL the Sub-skill of the following main skill at least ten: Omni-disciplinarian skill + Enchant, Calligraphy, Enspell; Brew, Mastery, Gates and Synchronicity.

Master Orator Have a score of ten in the following subskill: Diplomacy, Persuasion, Oratory, Lie, Bluff, Beguile, Flirt, Conversation.

That's it for now. I may add others if I'm inspired :)

Dark Modder Finish Metis's adventures. :P

;).

Playing Possum: Formally Invite a student into Mastering you (not sure if that's even possible, definitely wouldn't be wise but eh, 12 year olds...).

Where's the magic?: Play through an entire year without spending a turn on casting magic.

Snake? Snake!? VON RUUUUPPREEEECHT!: Finish at least 2 adventures in Regent von Rupprecht's favor (of which I can name Professor von Rupprecht's Special Guest and the Sphinx Syndicate if you defect to and then deceive Durand).

Better lucky than skilled: Pass a purple check.

...How the heck did that happen?: Fail a green check (theoretically can be done either during In Search of Rumors of Pirates stage 4 Persuasion option or during Pliable Zoe? final stage Give Up option).

You shouldn't have survived that. You REALLY shouldn't have: Avoid all visits to the infirmary through a whole year with 0 Stress Max/2 Vitality max (1 Fitness + Descendant from Heroes) and either Joana or Philippe as a Bitter Hatred rival at the start.

Your Best Friend (and hopefully not only one): Reach Bond 10, successfully complete your Familiar adventure and Familiar Bond adventure (I assume every Familiar minus, what, one or two can do that).

How many fingers do you NEED?: Buff a skill to skill level 100 (or whatever the hard cap is) (the intent is obviously to use 6th Finger, but...Steam doesn't know that :rolleyes:).

Megalomaniacs aren't know for being blessed, you know: Stack Cleanse and Remake on top of itself 8 times (or: Cast Cleanse and Remake every action for three straight days).

Wand, not WMD: Lower a fellow student's Vitality by 20 with one casting (which will take some Pheme buffing, but is otherwise perfectly possible).

Aveline's mood strikes: Have your College Defamed by Aveline. Bonus points if you're in Aranaz yourself.

I've heard of overachievers but THIS is just RIDICULOUS: Hit the hard cap for exam scores (if the skill cap makes that possible).

Bullied the bully!: Use Bully on Joana or Philippe and win the contested check.

The way to a man's heart is through his brain: Get all Mastery subskills to natural skill level 11.

One step closer to Cthulhu: Same for Gates.

What's the worst that could happen?: Same for Sync, if DLC 17 adds a way to do that.

No counter-argument for this one: Train your Company in Gates or Mastery.

Isn't this supposed to be illegal?: Get a skill step in a Mastery, Gates or Synchronicity subskill through a random subskill increase (which will likely be Longshade/Sphinx, but I know someone will get it through something less sensible).

Pardon the overused MGS reference, but seriously, von freaking Rupprecht. Less trustworthy than a Dragon, I swear. And is the only actual achievement even possible? Bitter Hatred starts you out with +2 Stress, so you'd start the game with 2/0 Stress. Does that force you into mental break down right as the game starts or can you Rest the first day and avoid doom and gloom afterwards (assuming Joana/Philippe don't get started early and take their turn after yours)?

I'd also like to point out that there are very few things that I'd call "achievements" doable in Academagia, at least the "need skill to accomplish something" kind as opposed to the "just a matter of time/luck and an unreasonable amount of patience" kind, but a few easter egg and jokes here and there listed as "achievements"...not going to hurt anyone, right?

EDIT: typos

Edited by Metis

All;

Now, all of these are possible, but bear in mind that some will require extra coding. So, you may want to make the suggestions more straightforward, like simple checks of Adventures complete or Skills completed.

And I think, for myself, easter egg Achievements are great. :)

Thing is that simple things like that aren't really achievements, they're fodder for the achievement counter, which aren't good for a number of reasons. Unless you attach a really funny name to it, but quality takes time and if you're going to spend time on anything it might as well be coding to keep track of actual achievements ;).

Oh, and definitely add one achievement that's possible, but crazy hard to get for whatever reason, just as a way to troll achievement hunters. Always a party favourite. Something like And now for research: Find all locations tied to research topics. Or I know. No, really, I know: Be informed of all (Y1) skills. Perhaps the more simple What have I gotten myself into?: Complete all the main quest adventures (A Meeting In A Tavern, In Search of Rumors of Pirates, Rewarded For a Job Well Done, A Note From The Headmaster and Academagia Under Attack!), or if the team is really diabolical than The Longest Year (out of five): Complete all adventures (obviously not in a single playthrough). Oh, just imagine trying to hunt down that last technically an "adventure" you missed because it's tied to succeeding on a random event about helping a black snake. Glorious :lol: (needs better "laughing maniacally" emoticon <_<).

Achievements should reward skilled players for accomplishing something difficult to do, and perhaps something difficult to the point of being nearly impossible. It is an "achievement", not a "pat-on-the-back". Re-playability is something that should be encouraged through content, not cosmetic trinkets.

fufufu... just some comments on an existing suggestion, as I don't care enough for achievements to make my own, :) (beside, the ones I might have suggested already have been.)

Archimagus novitius, eh? Funny thing is, I doubt that it can be done. I managed to get everything in that list but brew and sync in one playthrough once. I think I could have improved that playthrough, but if I had more efficiently used timeslots I would have done a few adventures that I had otherwise to sacrifice in order to squeeze in Gates and Mastery. Given that brew isn't a class in Y1, and sync is doubtlessly rare due to it's questionable status, I think that maybe those two should be stricken from the requirements for that. Maybe Calligraphy too, (as it is technically not Orthography proper) but then I can confirm that it is possible to get that skill to ten along with all the others.

I personally think it should be limited to what you called Omni+ Enchant, Gates, Mastery, and probably Enspell too. If somebody can do it under your definition, then by all means, but going for all types of magic has kinda been my thing for the past few years and once you get past the point that I got, you have to really start sacrificing adventures to raise your skills, which lowers your attributes and makes it a lot harder to raise your skills to 10.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Edit: Oh, and schwarzbart, don't forget the History class adventure for the historian one! I forget the name but the one where you discover the history of the werewolves as the dragons came. Good stuff.

Edit: Oh, and schwarzbart, don't forget the History class adventure for the historian one! I forget the name but the one where you discover the history of the werewolves as the dragons came. Good stuff.

Miles To Go IIRC.

EDIT: Feeling silly I guess:

I *don't* object to his skill: Gain Glory from advocating at Daribus Conley's Court as a male character named "Xin Eohp".

Lord "Healbot" British: Heal a wounded student.

Wasn't Reitz bad enough?: Gain information on every student.

Don't taff around in here: Lower your Chance of Detection to -30% or less.

Studied the fourth wall: Expand your Architecture skill through Question Reality.

Warning signs: Flirt with someone in The Slipped Crown (CoD: 26%) successfully without getting caught.

Man-o-Lore: Collect X pieces of Lore.

No one can stop you now: Defeat Philippe and Joana in a Duel.

What kind of school was this again?: Finish a year without being Informed of a single magic (sub)skill (Astrology, Enchant, Enspell, Incantation, Revision, Glamour, Negation, Gates, Mastery and Sync - Calligraphy is excluded since it's not Orthography proper and it'd be impossible otherwise, since only Aranaz doesn't have any of the above as classes, which auto-informs you of all subskills)

I swear if people just put up signs...: Get Reprimanded for trespassing within the first week of school.

Beware the quiet ones: Play through an entire year without using a single action/ability/spell typed as Hostile.

Hoist by his own Praktard: Use Prank Enemy on Rui da Casga.

*I* guard the guard: Tattle on Tacito Viadana.

Universe annihilation in five...: Pass a spellcasting check (barely) because you had Air Affair active.

Emilia, this is Emilia and Emilia. Emilia and Emilia, Emilia: Meet Emilia from The Painting adventure with Emilia Picotti and Emilia Strolin in your Clique.

Edited by Metis

Terrible 'Accident': Stay in hospital for one week straight.

Nyaa

(Achievement unlocked)

Please "cough" kill me: Be hospitalized 20 times (Achievement unlocked)

I don't care if you're bleeding out: Receive detention from only missing classes due to injury and not a single ditched class (Achievement unlocked)

No way to win: Miss detention due to injury (Achievement unlocked)

GAME OVER MAN!!: Miss Hall session due to injury (Achievement locked)

Sky Pirates FTW: With the sky pirate trait, complete and succeed every test in Sky pirate arc. Ending with Sky pirate victory (Achievement unlocked?)

Hmm. How about:

Unusual skill mastery:

Study Bunny. Max out all the research sub-skills

Social butterfly. Max out all the Aesthetics sub-skills

Master chef: Max out all the cookery sub-skills

Free spirit: Have patrol parent and explore parent rank 10 or more.

Autodidact prodigy: Raise 5 magic pillar parent skills to 10 in pillars where you are not taking the class.

Relationship:

BMOC. Raise 10 student relationships to 10 or more and have no more than 2 students with negative relationship.

Teacher's Pet: Have professor relationships of 10 in all your 6 classes.

School Champion: Have relationship with Orsi and Briadi of 10, and Rupprecht of 0.

School darling: Have relationship with all students of the opposite gender of 5 or more.

Hero:

A friend in need. Rescue 3 damsels/dudes in distress (various RE's - codeable?)

Glory Hound. Successfully complete 10 student adventures.

Anything but study. Successfully complete 20 non-main & non-Oan adventures

Marked by demons. Successfully complete "a not so quiet day", "what happens when you break curfew", and "language skills".

Tool. Have both the book of deep shadows and diavesque, and accept diavesque's offer.

Other:

The Cooler King. Get detention at least once every other week.

Artificer. Make 2 magic items. (Including the True Holly Wand?).

Food for thought: Have the Muffin Man and the Gingerbread man (? What is the other talking edible?).

Smasher: Beat at least one person's exam score by 100 in every class.

Avatar: Complete the game with at least 8 in every stat and at least 10 parent skills at rank 10.

Incarnate: Complete the game with at least 12 in every stat and at least 15 parent skills at rank 10.

Midas: Complete the game with 20,000 pims in hand.

fufufu... just some comments on an existing suggestion, as I don't care enough for achievements to make my own, :) (beside, the ones I might have suggested already have been.)

Archimagus novitius, eh? Funny thing is, I doubt that it can be done. I managed to get everything in that list but brew and sync in one playthrough once. I think I could have improved that playthrough, but if I had more efficiently used timeslots I would have done a few adventures that I had otherwise to sacrifice in order to squeeze in Gates and Mastery. Given that brew isn't a class in Y1, and sync is doubtlessly rare due to it's questionable status, I think that maybe those two should be stricken from the requirements for that. Maybe Calligraphy too, (as it is technically not Orthography proper) but then I can confirm that it is possible to get that skill to ten along with all the others.

I personally think it should be limited to what you called Omni+ Enchant, Gates, Mastery, and probably Enspell too. If somebody can do it under your definition, then by all means, but going for all types of magic has kinda been my thing for the past few years and once you get past the point that I got, you have to really start sacrificing adventures to raise your skills, which lowers your attributes and makes it a lot harder to raise your skills to 10.

Just my opinion on the matter.

I actually managed to get everything to 10 or past 10 in one playthrough. So it's possible. It requiers a lot of focused work and planning though. Doing the skills in the right order to max stats and shorten some training time tables. Getting studying done etz. Adventures are keept at a minimum though.

It's a shocker how much difference planning and knowledge of the game can do. It makes sense that the other students can't keep up with that. They are actually doing ok given that it's their first time in their first year. We are cheating by doing it over and over until we have learned all our misstakes and found out what we didn't know or understand the first time going through a school year.

Which makes those super achieving students "anamolies" in the schools long history. I wonder if the Professors are picking up on it.

I actually managed to get everything to 10 or past 10 in one playthrough. So it's possible. It requiers a lot of focused work and planning though. Doing the skills in the right order to max stats and shorten some training time tables. Getting studying done etz. Adventures are keept at a minimum though.

It's a shocker how much difference planning and knowledge of the game can do. It makes sense that the other students can't keep up with that. They are actually doing ok given that it's their first time in their first year. We are cheating by doing it over and over until we have learned all our misstakes and found out what we didn't know or understand the first time going through a school year.

Which makes those super achieving students "anamolies" in the schools long history. I wonder if the Professors are picking up on it.

Although, when you think about it, students with older siblings at the school or a kindly mentor could get much of the information from them that is used by the super-achievers, for example telling someone "get to know the libraries - fast - it's far quicker to study if using a proper library correctly than if you just read the set class text, and get out more, the worst place to do anyhing is in your room, there are all sorts of cool places where you can have fun and learn stuff if you just get up and look for them."

Although, when you think about it, students with older siblings at the school or a kindly mentor could get much of the information from them that is used by the super-achievers, for example telling someone "get to know the libraries - fast - it's far quicker to study if using a proper library correctly than if you just read the set class text, and get out more, the worst place to do anyhing is in your room, there are all sorts of cool places where you can have fun and learn stuff if you just get up and look for them."

Definitely, some students are doing better than others. For being a low intelligence bully Marchant seems to be doing ok in School. He always seems to be doing good in Negation class. Then again, he has older brothers in school. That probably helps, even if they can be a handful.

Those who has the "wizards in the family" background should probably have the opportunity to learn a few useful things from whoever that relative is. Especialy if they do their adventure and not just an event.

It could be opened up with an event when you meet the family. Then you got the option of continuing an adventure with that familymember if you spend the timeslots.

Good thing is you should have plenty of timeslots during the summer. But there should be plenty of summer activities and adventures aswell.

Studying, shopping, helpingout in the kitchen, helping out in the garden, fixing things, helping out with the family bussines(if you got some economy skills or law skills, preferably both). Taxes(tax reductions), legal issues, family feuds. School tuition options.

Meeting friends or aquaintances that your character knew before joining the Academagia.

• 3 months later...

I can't say this was worth it: Trigger every exit and investigation found in all stages of Crafting the Negation Wand at least once.

Dangerous Explorations: Complete all location adventures (Into the Abandoned Ore Mine, Gudafrsra by the Riverside, Into the Circle of Broken Stones, The Daemon of the Tools, Climbing the Lost Spider's Spire, Sparring with the Ghost, In the Workshop of the Sprites and The Battle for the Drowned Palace of Usin).

Are The Exams Here Yet?: Trigger Kaliri Exam Warning early by buffing Study Habits to skill level 98 exactly (assuming that's even possible).

Plan Derailed!: Complete The Weary Library through Strolin 3 Exit 3.

Milk Cartons? Not Necessary: Find and recover Mathew (To The Entrance), Garithinnia (Studies in Hunger) and Galitia Nesci (The Cave).

This Might Have Been A Bad Idea: Complete The Job Posting with skill ranks in Gates or Mastery. ;)

I can't say this was worth it: Trigger every exit and investigation found in all stages of Crafting the Negation Wand at least once.

That's about 3 [Helper paths] x 2 [wands] x 2 [Failure & Success] x [5/3] [different end difficulty depending on the step before the last] = 20 exits if I remember right so personal I don't think we should have this.

• 3 years later...