Black Chicken Studios Forums

Merry Christmas and a happy new year 2015-16

Schwarzbart

I don't know.. They say 3rd times the charm, but since that wasn't the case, with the rule of three enforced, it would be 3x3, or the ninth time. Lets hope its that instead of 3^3. :) Oh,and since I was too slow to revive the thread, again, I'll simply say that this is my official notice for a

Obligatory Happy ***** holiday

My xbox 360 got ruined, and it is because of a frustrating ordeal with the fact that after a while, the disk tray starts being a pain to open, long story short, It got so bad that eventually my tugging to get the thing open caused it to jam terribly. This happened about a week ago when I dusted the thing out because I finally got a copy of dragon age inquisition.

I had to buy all the custom tools to open the blasted thing, only to find that a cog had popped loose and the disc drive needed replacing. Then I found that it was literally cheaper to buy a new system than it was to buy all the tools needed to change the drive (you need specialized equipment to flash the new drive so that the system accepts it as genuine)

That actually was painful, but overall it was a good experience with modern consoles. It's really sad, too, because I could probably keep my old NES going for a long time past any PS4 made today breaks down.. Even PCs aren't that obtuse.

Oh well. The next chapter in this story is bound to unfold when I get the new system in my hands and all my accumulated DLC on the old hard drive starts shoving DRM warnings in my face. Oh that will be fun.

So happy new year! Maybe I'll get to play DA:I a little after then! :)

As far I know there many more users who had technical problems with the 360 then user who had problems with the PS 3 because MS used to cheap materials.

For me personal the 360 was the last generation on console (at last from MS) that I will buy.

I never got the hang on using the controller of the 360 and then I also had problems with the disk drive despite only using the console for less then 100h over the years.

i wholly agree. I only bought a 360 for mass effect, and then I got more games for it later. If I didn't have such a large game collection I might have just said screw it but as it is, getting a replacement is not too much for me.

Now, as far as the cuirrent generation of consoles go, the only one that looks halfway interesting is the PS4, but even then I don't see myself getting one until they're dirt cheap because there still aren't any great games for it that I absolutely have to have. But yeah, microsoft can kiss my butt if they think I'm going to buy another of their consoles. the original xbox never interested me, and If I had known that mass effect was going to be ported, I wouldn't have bought a 360 either.

Not to be the spoilsport but I'd kinda rather that not come out yet. I'm kinda busy on another adventure that I may or may not actually finish. Depends on my mood, as per usual.

Yes, another one. Avila is going to get all of the adventures in DLC 17, rest assured...

I hope you like reading. It's taken like three attempts and about a half-dozen variations before I finally managed to get something I could sufficiently tolerate, but I finally managed to find one, and as it turns out that's the wordy variation. Although, per usual, I make no promises.

Heya, merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all.

With a bit of luck, a whip and some sweet sweet rerolls we might just see some Chicken games in the coming year... eh eh? *nudge nudge!*

In a ever so slightly more serious note, I'm looking forward for the UI the team seems to be working on!

It was said in Baldurs gate; "I would wish you intelligence, because luck runs out[...]" - except we all know that both are nice useful stats that doesn't run anywere! So I wish them both to you all.

Not if they include the 2 social club one's I've done so far and the 2 I'm working on ;-)

The adventures I had written also didn't belong specific to Avial (and I even got told that my unfinished adventures I put up in the forum are probably taken by the team already when I asked before Christmas what I should continue ^^)

Sounds like DLC 17 is going to have quite a bit of content to it, even if it won't top DLC 16 (I doubt anything could). I'm just hoping that Avila doesn't end up getting so many extra adventures that it suddenly has too many, but from the sound of it that won't be the case :).

Archived