Black Chicken Studios Forums

Victory Belles Kickstarter is Live!

nautilus

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or whatever it is that Iowa's spouting. Her dialogue is just so cringeworthy.

I love Pola's voice though. (KC's Pola I mean)

Heh, I'm the complete opposite.

I find Iowa hilarious but can't stand KC Pola at all.

Heh, I'm the complete opposite.

I find Iowa hilarious but can't stand KC Pola at all.

Heresy! :P

Haha, I dunno I don't like Iowa's engrish(but I like Kongou's) but I find Pola's way of talking really amusing. She reminds me a bit of Miyauchi Kazuho from Non Non Biyori(Renge's sister).

She reminds me a bit of Miyauchi Kazuho from Non Non Biyori(Renge's sister).

I can see the similarities, and I did like Kazuho, but I find that Pola's VA just can't seem to pull it off as well as Kazuho's VA did.

Wanted to bring this up because I know that there at least was some tension between Pakistan and India (not sure how it is nowadays) and I just realized that Rawalpindi is named after a Pakistani city, and I feel stupid for immediately calling her Indian and all that.

Wanted to bring this up because I know that there at least was some tension between Pakistan and India (not sure how it is nowadays) and I just realized that Rawalpindi is named after a Pakistani city, and I feel stupid for immediately calling her Indian and all that.

It's probably still tense, but I don't think it'll be too big of an issue :). I mean...it might be a form of marketing since BCS is bringing a more unique ship to the shipgirl mix :).

It's probably still tense, but I don't think it'll be too big of an issue :). I mean...it might be a form of marketing since BCS is bringing a more unique ship to the shipgirl mix :).

I know but I thought that I'd bring it up especially if they're going to use an Indian VA for a Pakistani ship

I know but I thought that I'd bring it up especially if they're going to use an Indian VA for a Pakistani ship

That's good to bring up :). Of course, didn't England own that mass of territory without regard to Pakistan / India? To be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable on that area of the world concerning geo-political shifts...

That's good to bring up :). Of course, didn't England own that mass of territory without regard to Pakistan / India? To be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable on that area of the world concerning geo-political shifts...

Yes, but after the war the two nations split and since then there have been tensions

Schwarzbart;

It was about $4k, I heard. We won't know the final number until after 2 weeks, though. But not to worry, it's expected, an no one here will take Medals away. :)

W99;

In '39, Rawalpindi was still a major garrison town in British India- much of the population was Hindi, actually. In the case of Belles, she is considered 'Indian', as there is no such thing as Pakistan yet- and those that dream of an independent India still think of it is as a unified nation. :)

Schwarzbart;

It was about $4k, I heard. We won't know the final number until after 2 weeks, though. But not to worry, it's expected, an no one here will take Medals away. :)

W99;

In '39, Rawalpindi was still a major garrison town in British India- much of the population was Hindi, actually. In the case of Belles, she is considered 'Indian', as there is no such thing as Pakistan yet- and those that dream of an independent India still think of it is as a unified nation. :)

Ahh ok. Just thought I'd bring the subject up, good to know it's all been sorted

Sorry to jump in suddenly, but I'd forget other wise, just that I wanted to jump in on the whole Engrish bit of Kongo vs Iowa bit.

I find it highly ironic that Kongo can English better than the American Iowa. Listening to Iowa is sadly as obnoxious as how I view USA that it isn't helping her position & appeal from my POV. More so with how torturous the event is in a near-sadistic level. I prefer Kongou's British-Japanese because she at least makes actual sense [can understand] with her "Burning Valentines Love!~" quotes. Iowa? I really hate to say this in a broken record, just that she's obnoxious all around that I just can't stand her. Wanted to give her a chance (benefit of the doubt), yet nothing is helping her side with me. No attempt was made either to make her sound [Americna] English that the majority of her lines are cringe-worthy. She's just there to probably please the 'baka gaijin' constantly seeking out something American in the already heavily saturated US WW2 market [Canadian viewpoint]. Kongo wins it out for me all the time for how fun she is. That playful fun <3

Sylvia's VA might have made a better Iowa - http://tsubame-senpai.tumblr.com/post/144377812413/i-need-more-sylvia - that it also forces me to side with Kongo. I simply enjoy Kongo's simple fun ( as well as Sylvia's feather-themed music track). Maybe you can consider checking out Sylvia's VA (Asterisk anime) as a side note for any Belle? :P

[Edit: I guess whenever I play Victory Belles I may have USN as my enemy. I can't seem to get along with the USN at all.]

Archived