Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Hidden Belles

Legate of Mineta

Regarding having Morganas join you, I'm picturing a scenario where you stumble upon a Morgana being fired upon by some of their own, and if you choose to help it gets revealed that there's a faction of Morgana that desire peace with humanity that you can choose to make peace with.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding having Morganas join you, I'm picturing a scenario where you stumble upon a Morgana being fired upon by some of their own, and if you choose to help it gets revealed that there's a faction of Morgana that desire peace with humanity that you can choose to make peace with.

Makes me wonder how common this would be. Sounds like a rare occurrence which you would find later into the war, or something, Something higher tier with more variety in the units for you to encounter. I'd welcome it, if BCS considers it, to then have fun doing experimental runs.

Looking in my dad's Conway's (All the World's Fighting Ships: 1922-46) I note what I knew to be a very limited list of Turkish options. Given that Yavuz is available to only about four dozen people the first year, some other ships will have to represent Turkey for general use. It looks like we have the following options:

• Two literally ancient 1903 CAs, only one of which (Medjidieh) was refitted in 1930.
  • Four Italian-built 1931 DDs - 2 x Kocatepe class and 2 x Tinaztepe class. The latter two were primarily configured for minelaying.
  • In 1942 Turkey gets two of four British-build DDs ordered before the war started (the other two are assumed by the RN until after the war).
  • Turkey starts the war with several subs of mostly German build. The three German-origin AY class would have been the only really modern ones.

So my bet is that we'll see one or both Kocatepe sisters to start for those that unlock Turkey and then perhaps Demirhisar or Sultanhisar as the war progresses. Maybe Medjidieh if BCS doesn't mind a more mature (1903) Belle.

Why do I always find myself seduced my the most hard up protagonists? :wacko:

Oh, I just threw those two in because they didn't have their full images on Tumblr. (technically Algerie does, but I didn't want to put a page from the artbook in the gallery since the background is so different)

There are some pretty interesting ships, in terms of the Ottoman past, amongst them!

Gawd, you sure know how to sweet talk a girl. :wub:

Looking in my dad's Conway's (All the World's Fighting Ships: 1922-46) I note what I knew to be a very limited list of Turkish options. Given that Yavuz is available to only about four dozen people the first year, some other ships will have to represent Turkey for general use. It looks like we have the following options:

• Two literally ancient 1903 CAs, only one of which (Medjidieh) was refitted in 1930.
  • Four Italian-built 1931 DDs - 2 x Kocatepe class and 2 x Tinaztepe class. The latter two were primarily configured for minelaying.
  • In 1942 Turkey gets two of four British-build DDs ordered before the war started (the other two are assumed by the RN until after the war).
  • Turkey starts the war with several subs of mostly German build. The three German-origin AY class would have been the only really modern ones.

So my bet is that we'll see one or both Kocatepe sisters to start for those that unlock Turkey and then perhaps Demirhisar or Sultanhisar as the war progresses. Maybe Medjidieh if BCS doesn't mind a more mature (1903) Belle.

Why do I always find myself seduced my the most hard up protagonists? :wacko:

I mostly just like the country due to history reasons. Turkey was pretty much in no shape to participate in WW2 since the Ottomans were both dethroned and lost WW1 <_< .

Dano;

Some of those are already revealed, like Algerie in the art book, and of course, Lexington! But otherwise, think you caught'em all. ;)

Procyon;

Be careful what you wish for. :)

I'm just...excited for a bit of darker fare in the ship-girl genre...though Kancolle is trying for something interesting.

Overall, I'm just excited that this game can progress with good funding :D.

@Procyon: Turkey had issues in the 1920's but under the republic ushered in by Ataturk, they were coming along in the 1930s. Heck, they had universal women's suffrage in 1935, only seven years after Great Britain and twelve after the US. They didn't join WWII because they learned in WWI that choosing sides is unhealthy. Very wise move on their part given Germany in the Balkans in early 1941 followed immediately by Barbarossa later in 1941.

As far as what is unique with VB, I am excited about the diplomacy piece. It brings to mind the rather evil Avalon Hill game of that name.

Don't rush to put it up on my account, you guys should enjoy your weekend off.

Though when he does update the tumblr, it would be cool if he put up Rawalpindi as well.

@Procyon: Turkey had issues in the 1920's but under the republic ushered in by Ataturk, they were coming along in the 1930s. Heck, they had universal women's suffrage in 1935, only seven years after Great Britain and twelve after the US. They didn't join WWII because they learned in WWI that choosing sides is unhealthy. Very wise move on their part given Germany in the Balkans in early 1941 followed immediately by Barbarossa later in 1941.

Yeah...I think Turkey needed to strengthen their infrastructure before throwing themselves into another conflict, though WW2 wasn't going to be profitable for them in any way :P.

It was a lose-lose for everyone...well except perhaps the US and Soviets from a financial perspective. The cost in blood was horrid for them, though. Such a waste. :(

"they learned in WWI that choosing sides is unhealthy"

;)

I'll ask about Rawalpindi as well. :)

"We’ll fight them both, they’ll sink us, and that will be that. Good-bye" - Captain Edward Coverley Kennedy RN, HMS Rawalpindi

There are some pretty interesting ships, in terms of the Ottoman past, amongst them!

I pulled out the Conway's for 1906-1921 and I'm now hoping beyond hope that the devs will select Medjidieh as a Belle. She was built by Americans, sailed as Turk, was sunk by mines and later salvaged, rearmed, and renamed/commissioned Prut by the Russians who held her for most of the war, yet was eventually recovered by the Germans who eventually returned her to Turkey. I think she could have some fascinating identity issues and eclectic artwork...

I pulled out the Conway's for 1906-1921 and I'm now hoping beyond hope that the devs will select Medjidieh as a Belle. She was built by Americans, sailed as Turk, was sunk by mines and later salvaged, rearmed, and renamed/commissioned Prut by the Russians who held her for most of the war, yet was eventually recovered by the Germans who eventually returned her to Turkey. I think she could have some fascinating identity issues and eclectic artwork...

She's probably going to be a bit loony for being dragged all over the place...or a bit callous about loyalty since she's been everywhere over the years.

...rising from a deep, deep post Kickstarter slumber...

A certain cheeky and brazen Belle has made her way onto Tumblr:

http://victorybelles.tumblr.com/post/144729629490/hms-rawalpindi-armed-merchant-cruiser-royal-navy

She looks ready to dive headfirst into a Morgana battleship squadron :)

One question about her that I've had is, if you are able to answer it at all, how long did it take her VA to get saying her name right without tying her tongue in a knot? That is assuming that the VA is English and not Indian speaking English, which in that case is understandable.

Oh, I just threw those two in because they didn't have their full images on Tumblr. (technically Algerie does, but I didn't want to put a page from the artbook in the gallery since the background is so different)

"So, I do my best to be as reliable and trustworthy a person as I can be. Capitaine, I give you my word that, when the time comes to face the Morgana threat, I will not let you down." - Algérie

http://victorybelles.tumblr.com/post/144731334945/alg%C3%A9rie-alg%C3%A9rie-class-heavy-cruiser-marine

...and with that, Algérie joins the Tumblr ranks!

@Wellington99 - That quote is...exactly what happened to her. :)

The VA for Rawalpindi hasn't been formally cast, but we've talked to an actress who is actually from there, so... ;)

Should be nice having some Indian flair. Probably one of the biggest reasons I'm excited for Victory Belles; having different accents and languages for different ships

And just to sate my curiosity, again not sure if it's something you can say, but is Bulldog's VA from the North of England? I can't really tell from her one voice line, and I'm not as good as my parents (In less than a minute, they knew that the accents in War Horse didn't match the place where it said they were in the movie)

Archived