• The German Kriegsmarine
    • The Polish Navy
    • The Spanish Navy
    • The Turkish Navy
    • Royal Netherlands Navy
    • The French Navy
  2. 2. Forgot Russia

• The Soviet Navy
    • I prefer Freedom and choose one of the navys in question one!
    • The Canadian Navy

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their starts are harder because their Diplomatic Channels are nearly as good. Poland is actually the hardest start- very easy to lose Hel.

Losing your bases? You mean the human war can have ramifications that serious?!? Holy crap! I loved this game before but now...

Legate, can I have your babies? ;)

Seriously, though, the diplomatic aspect is one of my biggest draws. And to have such high stakes, well, /swoon

Dayum, you guys and gals have me so hooked the barb in my cheek will never come out!

Losing your bases? You mean the human war can have ramifications that serious?!? Holy crap! I loved this game before but now...

Legate, can I have your babies? ;)

Seriously, though, the diplomatic aspect is one of my biggest draws. And to have such high stakes, well, /swoon

Dayum, you guys and gals have me so hooked the barb in my cheek will never come out!

I wonder how Turkey will play out because it wasn't on either side, was it?

They were neutral until the end when the outcome was blatantly obvious. They learned their lesson in WW1.

I suspect they'll be tricky since making alliances while also protecting neutrality will be tough. Spain and Turkey may be logical buddies, but that's not exactly going to gain either a whole lot. I'm almost drooling to see how the geopolitical process works in VB.

I'm interested too. It seems at first glance similar to the politics in Hearts of Iron III (which I've played only a little and still confuses the heck out of me) in terms of allying with the Allies, Axis, or Comintern.

Hopefully we can't lose ALL our bases. That would mean we can't play anymore D:

Probably lets you start again if that happens

@Nel - It is possible to get into a 'lose' state, although you'd really have to work at it. :)

In that case, you'd need to New Game +.

If you are a Minor and you lose your only Base, you default to United Kingdom if you are playing Poland or Netherlands, Italy, if you are playing Spain, and Germany if playing Turkey.

DYM - It's possible to lose your Bases to the Morgana, too. Spoiler alert, I suppose. :)

jwd2456 - Which Battleships? Also, this is a bit of a spoiler, but...if you wanted to change Italy from *within*, that's a (long term) possibility, too. :)

It's an RPG, so there just a few options. :)

Well, as long as it's difficult to get into that position I'm fine with that. My only question then would be, let's say I do lose. Will my new game not include my backer ships, KS backer kit and vestures I've earned?

Hi ho!

I think i'll be siding with the British Navy during the Beta. Mostly to try out the game from a conforted stance, but also for other adjacent purposes.

It would be a hard choice for me, but I more likely go for my home country of the United States. You could never go wrong with good old fashion American muscle.

@Nel - It is possible to get into a 'lose' state, although you'd really have to work at it. :)

In that case, you'd need to New Game +.

If you are a Minor and you lose your only Base, you default to United Kingdom if you are playing Poland or Netherlands, Italy, if you are playing Spain, and Germany if playing Turkey.

DYM - It's possible to lose your Bases to the Morgana, too. Spoiler alert, I suppose. :)

jwd2456 - Which Battleships? Also, this is a bit of a spoiler, but...if you wanted to change Italy from *within*, that's a (long term) possibility, too. :)

It's an RPG, so there just a few options. :)

Do any factions default to the Japanese, French, or Americans? I don't know how it would work without causing controversy (like if China defaults to Japan)...

LoM;

My knowledge of pre-WWII and WWII ship tactics is lacking as I'm more of a tank person. What I do know is America tactics were evolved in some areas while lacking in others, (I'm looking at you MK-14s) and Japan had the most advanced ship construction due to it being a island nation. What I am interested is when the game progress dose the date change with it. Meaning dose the date effect what technology is invented to better improve/worsen Belle's performance in the field, add new Belles as new ship design are made, and add new events.

Procyon;

No, no defaults to them that I'm aware of. I can't think of any minor that would default to Japan except Thailand. Did Manchukuo even have a navy?

France...mmm...can't think of anyone.

US would be the South American nations.

Pataponvideo;

We haven't talked about Story progression yet, but...yes, it does. ;)

Manchukuo was the Japanese name for occupied Manchuria. Nationalist independent China was totally different. But yeah, not much of a navy for lots of reasons.

I'm still hoping for San Francisco to be ethnically Chinese. Perhaps a Japanese Belle too as Formosa was Japanese. I'm not above begging...

I can already envision a fanfic revolving around such a Belle and the prejudices of the crew. A Chinese Belle would have brought out some ugly examples of the worst of humanity either with an American or a Japanese crew.

Archived