Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legate, I'm not sure if there are any rules against cross-promotion but I see other studios advertise their stuff on their own news tickers for their other games all the time. So if you write up a notice that says Academagia is on Greenlight for Scheherazade's news board it might help get numbers faster.

Also, while I know it doesn't help anyone, I got to say that I'm lucky I haven't uninstalled Academagia since I bought it off Impulse years ago considering the problems people are having with it.

Edit: Also my superstition tells me I should wait a bit before starting to post Miyako in reference to Y2.

Another year would means that Harry Potter would have released their prequel movie. Oh I get it, Academagia is going cash in on Harry Potter fever with the release of Fantastic Beasts. Very clever considering the similarities and no new Harry Potter games. That said though on a more serious note, as Metis said its going to be a long time.

I dreamt about Y2 last night, and then I woke up and was sad. It wasn't even about playing Y2, it was about getting ready for it and knowing it was less than a week away from being released.

My spellcheck says dreamt isn't a word.

Dreamt is a word, it is just less common than Dreamed.

Legate, I'm not sure if there are any rules against cross-promotion but I see other studios advertise their stuff on their own news tickers for their other games all the time. So if you write up a notice that says Academagia is on Greenlight for Scheherazade's news board it might help get numbers faster.

Also, while I know it doesn't help anyone, I got to say that I'm lucky I haven't uninstalled Academagia since I bought it off Impulse years ago considering the problems people are having with it.

Edit: Also my superstition tells me I should wait a bit before starting to post Miyako in reference to Y2.

It is fine, the Zafehouse / Deadnauts / Fear Equation series does exactly that.

it is only if you go on greenlight and spam your links on other people's work that violates rules.

Say, Legate.

How much work is still needed on DLC 17? And are you still planning to release it after the greenlight concludes? Will we see 17 early if we already have the game? (Like I so miraculously recovered? heheh)

Does that client need to be tested? There's...actually even if no DLC 18 ever comes there'll have to be a DLC 17 v2.0 to fix all the inevitable typos, so even if Steam comes standard with DLC 17 installed it'll have to get at least one update anyway.

Never mind, carry o-h actually, there won't need to be a DLC 17 v2.0 if we test it first and find the typos, so the team can fix them ahead of time. An, eh, updated mod base would be very helpful for that purpose, yes :)...

Yay, brought you by the Academagia advisory against proscribed magic.

Remember Illegal Magic is fun.

Just imagine it from this perspective (Best not to view it at work if your bosses don't like you wasting company time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6Zy1xC4JM

Clara;

Remember kids, it's not Mastery, so it's completely fine! :)

It's that I'm not really a fan of the On The Prowl adventures, or I'd have to do an OTP playthrough and abuse Voice of Favors. Honestly, I can't say if that'd end up better or worse than a Mastery playthrough...

Archived