Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 ring equipped of them 2x the same ring one in 1st slot the other in 4th slot (I had 2x the Necromancer's ring equipped) if you remove one of the doubles it looks like there still 4 rings in the slots and click on the 4th now lead to a CTD so its very difficult to get in a normal game. (Think the Ring of Sweet Summer is spread in 2 or 3 RE and in the Albatross - A Bump in the Road adventure)

Good thing I started with a Necromancer's Ring as well, that means I should be able to test it easily...

...'Soon as I drop a few bars of Monteon steel and gold in Garibaldi's...

Yep, just replicated it. [Error] - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. That's...very unfortunate. And things were looking so good with (most of) the 100+ typos and assorted minor errors I send in having been addressed, too...

I just noticed that same screenshot shows off one of the new REs. Pray tell, what Voodoo magic did the Team have to perform to get that RE to trigger on a date before you could have set up Luck Luck Luck Luck Luck? I've spend entire months trying to get those new REs to show their elusive faces!

So, two (probably late...) points regarding Steam:

A: Between all the screenshots posted on the Steam page, I'm missing one that shows the sheer size that the new UI can have. Yes, it's shown that you can put window A in the place of window B and stretch them a bit, but you know, big deal. What I'm missing is a proper comparison between the old UI, that being a 1920×1080 screenshot chopped down to 1060×930 because everything else was just dead filler, and the new UI that's just a straight-up screenshot of the game running full screen at 1920×1080.

And yes, that's not even as huge as the game's UI can be. Close, though.

B: Quote from Steam's discussion:

It's nice to be reminded that this little gem is still getting attention, at the very least enough attention to generate more content.

(emphasis mine)

Beyond the Steam version, I.E DLC 17 and associated patch being called the "definitive version" on the Steam page, have the Team's current plans for no additional Y1 official content been made clear anywhere obvious? 'Cuz if not it probably should be.

I'm so excited! I found Academagia just after the turn of the new year, and shortly thereafter was blown away as I found these forums and saw the game had sixteen (!!) DLC's and seemed exactly the sort of magical adventure I was looking for. Now just a few short months later (quite a bit shorter than a lot of you waited!) I'm going to get to play the definitive version for the first time!

M;

That's a really good point about the comparative screenshot- I'll pass that over to'em!

I'm not really sure about the second point- I mean, I usually don't see anything about "The Team won't release any new DLC" on Fallout 4, for instance. :)

Plus, it's hard to know what will happen after- there will likely be some form of a CP, at the least.

It's less that there won't be any more DLC, and more that the window for Y1 fan content submissions being made official through DLC has passed. Probably. If the Steam crowd isn't informed thereof they might end up spending a bunch of time and effort writing up stuff only to realize afterwards that the only way they're going to see it ingame is to mod it in through running a Windows XP instance, somehow. That would be...disappointing.

Provided everything goes well, what time on the 20th will it become available? At midnight or when steam updates?

I just checked the Steam page and it said it would unlock in 22 hours, which means depending on rounding anytime from 4:00 to 5:00 PM EST.

Archived