Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fun with Greenlight

I just checked the Steam page and it said it would unlock in 22 hours, which means depending on rounding anytime from 4:00 to 5:00 PM EST.

It'll unlock at Noon, which is a pretty normal time for Steam to update. I was hoping for a Midnight release, but I guess I can just sleep like a normal person.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll unlock at Noon, which is a pretty normal time for Steam to update. I was hoping for a Midnight release, but I guess I can just sleep like a normal person.

Hah, that'll teach me to comment in class - I added two hours instead of subtracting. You're dead on, noon it is!

I actually can't wait for tomorrow especially once they verify my previous purchase. I get to go home early from school tomorrow, thus more time for me to play Academagia. I only hope I don't have to wait long when I return.

Also worth noting that on finishing character creation for a quick test game, having selected the cat familiar, I was prompted for Pamela's name, then the cat's name, then my clique name. Which uhhh...

EDIT: Also urgh, the way adventure text displays now is awful. If you're going to have the text update like paragraphs of a book it should really automatically scroll to the latest entry and display that on its own page. At the moment I can select an option and have the results text show up right at the very end of the visible space which is not an intuitive space to start reading from.

Is there a way to increase the font size? It seems, if anything, even smaller than it was before.

There is, the small bar with the + and - on either end modifies the font size. Also found in the Menu section IIRC.

Also worth noting that on finishing character creation for a quick test game, having selected the cat familiar, I was prompted for Pamela's name, then the cat's name, then my clique name. Which uhhh...

EDIT: Also urgh, the way adventure text displays now is awful. If you're going to have the text update like paragraphs of a book it should really automatically scroll to the latest entry and display that on its own page. At the moment I can select an option and have the results text show up right at the very end of the visible space which is not an intuitive space to start reading from.

...Don't tell me the Team forgot to remove the Beta functions...

Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of that either. Just wait until you end up doing three one-shot adventures on a holiday that also triggers the Blood Vault event. Even in a seven-year-old visual novel there is no escaping the lag...

I think Control + rolling the scroll wheel changes the text size, least it used to in the old UI I think.

I recall having to mess about with numpad's + and - keys on the old UI, but for the new UI you can just click on the +/- buttons on the UI slider. Or just fling the thing whichever way you want it, whichever.

dyrhet;

Feel free to be critical! Much more important to see the bugs. I, at least, didn't see the dual Familiar name prompts, but I'm sure that will closed out in a patch.

I don't think I ever picked a Familiar beyond Pamela during testing, since I was so focussed on the new adventures and thus needed every last background point I could spend. On the bright side, the new adventures should contain at least 50% less typos :).

BTW, Legate, those Steam achievements? I don't think there exists a language with a generous enough word for "achievement" to include those things. I know fancy stuff just wasn't doable with how the engine is set up and all, but really? At least have a "completed the game year" achievement, a "completed a main adventure" achievement and...I'unno, a "duelled Louis and lived to tell about it" achievement? Something...

Archived