Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

19 minutes ago, PizzaRocket said:

Hope it's Fusou (presumably will be in at launch, but as of yet unannounced) in honor of the huge mast.

Thanks to Pola, it's been established that a Belle doesn't reflect her ship (heavy cruiser with a "tiny" Belle to Mahan's standards).

Otherwise, Bismark, Yamato and Musashi, etc. would surely be giants and all the submarines midgets. 

48 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Shin;

Unfortunately, by 1939 the Chinese navy no longer exists, apart from smaller riverine craft. As you may know, however, a handful of their ships do return later in another form...;)

Yeah, you know a navy is weak when the most powerful ships they had were LIGHT cruisers, and against the IJN? Not surprissed it didn't exist at the date... Oh well, I hope Ping Hai and her sister Ning Hai appear in service of Japan when the game reaches 1944...

Random question of randomness!

Which Belles do y'all think would fit the characters of TFS's DBZA? I'm kind of for the heck of it and my own amusement trying to work it out, all originating from writing out a scene from DBZA and casting three Belles based purely off of the line "Awesome! Ima deck ya in the schnoz!". Might be able to guess who I have as Goku and Freeza in that instance :P

if anyone is interested enough, I can post my ditty in the Writing Corner

I think you might find the unintended consequences of locking this down would be worse than the benefits of having this established neatly now.  I am against this idea for...reasons...

21 hours ago, DrYuriMom said:

I think you might find the unintended consequences of locking this down would be worse than the benefits of having this established neatly now.  I am against this idea for...reasons...

Huh? Was there a post I missed earlier talking about that? Cause I can't seem to spot it. 

Also feel free to ignore my previous post. Immediately came to the conclusion that it was a bit naff to post in here.

Edited by Wellington99

As always, excuse my ignorance, even more in something that relates to the very essence of the game itself, but... Will the game contain some kind of encyclopedia of naval terms, perhaps also ship parts, and all of that? I don't even know basic naval terminology in my native language so in english I don't even want to imagine...

When you tie your shoelaces together you form a knot.  A knot is what you form when you tie off a rope or a string, whether to an object or another string or rope...or even to itself or within itself.  When I pull out an extension cord and string it out, I without fail form a knot somewhere in the middle despite it having no such knot when I wound it up.  It's black magic I swear.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 1:30 PM, Shin Kazama said:

In other words, it's going to be a Kickstarter extension goal... Jajaja! Ok, no... I really hope they implement the encyclopedia later, meanwhile, in going to search what the hell is a knot...

Not exactly. They've reached the goals. Basically what it means is that it's not gonna be in the game when it launches but there's a chance that it will be implemented later on. Remember, VB's releasing major updates per year (not exactly, because there'll be major updates in between then more than likely and other updates and patches, but trying to get this point across). When they launch, it will be 1939 in game year. Then they will release the 1940 Belles a year later, 1941 Belles after that, and so on till at the least 1945-1946. It might be that a few months into 1939 they release the naval terms encyclopedia, or it might be with the launch of 1940 Belles or later. 

In a similar vein, will there be a kind of "collector's catalog", a place where it shows how many Belles are in the game and has the Belles you have gotten in there, similar to what Kancolle has? If there is I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't till after 1939, but as a collector myself (I hoard everything in Fallout 4 and Skyrim and want to collect every single Belle I can just to have them and show I have every Belle) it's useful to see how many are left to add to my collection

• Like 1

Welington99;

I hope they're not that easy to collect and/or it's not that much of a thing to HAVE to collect them. I'm a little unimpressed with a lot of games with a collecting mechanic. Most of them deal with cards. The one part that gives me hope is that they mentioned that there will be no Gatcha system. Which I interpret as being no system where you spend X amount of a currency to receive some random cards/characters. Sort of like pulling a booster pack for a TCG. Those types of systems have gotten to be REAL annoying and I really don't like them.

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

KK;

They all have their own names (more than one, in some cases), and almost all of them have been hinted at. But you'll have to dig if you want more...;)

At least until beta. :)

I'm sorry. Didn't know it was handled as confidential.