Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Random question:  In general, how do you guys choose which Belles are included in the game?  I don't think you're going to add every ship in WW2 (I might be wrong though), so how do you guys determine who makes the cut?  I mean...you have the famous (i.e. Scharnhorst, Arizona) to the more obscure (i.e. Bulldog, Mahan) in drawing form.

7 hours ago, Procyon said:

Random question:  In general, how do you guys choose which Belles are included in the game?  I don't think you're going to add every ship in WW2 (I might be wrong though), so how do you guys determine who makes the cut?  I mean...you have the famous (i.e. Scharnhorst, Arizona) to the more obscure (i.e. Bulldog, Mahan) in drawing form.

Bulldog isn't really too obscure. She captured the Enigma machine. Just not as headlining as Warspite or Hood.

4 hours ago, Wellington99 said:

Bulldog isn't really too obscure. She captured the Enigma machine. Just not as headlining as Warspite or Hood.

...She captured the Enigma machine...NOT something the Allies wanted put on a headline.  In fact, when the USS Guadalcanal successfully captured U-505 on 4 June 1944, the code-breaking department had a fit because they were worried it would jeopardize what Bulldog's prize had been netting them since 1941.

...And don't get me started on the May Incident...:angry:

17 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Procyon;

There are a lot of factors, but perhaps the most significant is that they allow us to tell a part of the story because of what they did during the war, or what they were known for.

Okay!  So the choices for Belles might play an overall part in the game's plot?  That's intriguing :).

On 7/11/2017 at 3:02 PM, Panay's Ghost said:

...She captured the Enigma machine...NOT something the Allies wanted put on a headline.  In fact, when the USS Guadalcanal successfully captured U-505 on 4 June 1944, the code-breaking department had a fit because they were worried it would jeopardize what Bulldog's prize had been netting them since 1941.

...And don't get me started on the May Incident...:angry:

The May Incident?

Small question I didnt really find an answer to and forgot if it was answered. I know we are getting new Belles later in the game but does that only include belles that were comissioned after 1939 or will we also get new Belles that were in service in 1939 but not in the game at launch?

I do not know if there was such a question, but during the war from 1939-1945 there was an internment of warships in neutral ports of neutral countries, such as Sweden's Polish submarines. What is happening when the belles will go a neutral port. Is it interned or something else?

For example, the Swedes in the case of fighting against the Germans or threatening the fall of Finland wanted to include Polish units in their fleet. On the other hand, the Finns during the Winter War with the Soviet Union wanted Polish submarines to hire Polish Navy submarines with their Polish crews from Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

powerunderwhelming;

It's single player, albeit (depending on how the backend work goes) there will be a ranking system across Nations and the World.

The Team *really* wants to have more Player interaction in terms of support for in-game decisions and quite possibly battle, so I'd expect that to come post launch as a priority. That would be really cool. :)

Okay, this question is more of a meta-forum question thing, but I have to ask it and it's for everyone:

What flavour is your popcorn, when you write *popcorn or /popcorn?
Because I've read germany is a vast minority with eating primarily sweet, sugary popcorn and most countries prefer it salted.

Just in case I share a bucket with someone. I like it sweet.

Popcorn wise, orange cheddar.

Regarding PvP, when it eventually comes out, I think it's all but confirmed that me and Nel will certainly fight against each other. Though I'm guessing that it'll be more like Kancolle's "PvP", which isn't bad, just not actually playing against each other.

33 minutes ago, DrYuriMom said:

What is KanColle's PvP if it isn't PvP?

Oh, and white cheddar - Smartfood is love :-)

Well at least in my head, PvP means that you are playing against a player. In Kancolle you take your fleet and fight against a player's fleet automatically. There's no input from the other player. You also can't choose who to fight against, there's a list of 5 that rotate every 12 hours or so that you pick from. So me and Nel couldn't fight our fleets against each other unless we were on that list.