Black Chicken Studios Forums

Who will be your "best ship"...whether she's in the game already or not?

Procyon

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always loved HMS Warspite, just something about her, being such a fighting ship, fighting in Two World wars and not letting her age stand in the way of being everywhere a fight was happening. She did everything but sink the Bismark. I imagine her having a very mature but feisty personality; a very determined ship. She has seen and done much in her long career and despite her age, she shows time and again that she doesn't wear dentures, she has real teeth.

I would have to go with the Bismarck. I have loved this ship and have attempted lego models of her since I was 4. She is just so cool, my father being a Seaman with massive love for this ship has nothing to do with it... I swear!

Honestly, despite being a Canadian, I would really want to get this particular ship as a Belle:

483px-Uss_enterprise_cv6.jpg

Her decorations:

Presidential Unit Citation Navy Unit Commendation American Defense Service Medal
with "Fleet" clasp American Campaign Medal Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
with twenty stars World War II Victory Medal Philippine Presidential Unit Citation Philippine Liberation Medal

Plus the British Admiralty Pennant, presented in respect of her legendary service

Of the revealed (and semi-revealed) Belles, I like Belfast, New Orleans, De Ruyter, and Scharnhorst the most. But it's up in the air until I can see more of their personalities and stuff during their stories in-game so my favorites might change over time.

I've always loved HMS Warspite, just something about her, being such a fighting ship, fighting in Two World wars and not letting her age stand in the way of being everywhere a fight was happening. She did everything but sink the Bismark. I imagine her having a very mature but feisty personality; a very determined ship. She has seen and done much in her long career and despite her age, she shows time and again that she doesn't wear dentures, she has real teeth.

And she don't afraid of nothing (I think that's how that phrase goes) :P I also see her joining my fleet for sure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best ship: Yamato

Ok, ok, I know battleships were largely made obsolete by aircraft carriers, but still, the Yamoto was pretty amazing. Also, she never had a real chance to fight. I want to give her that chance... You know, just not against America.

EDIT: Ahhhg! Zurichan, good catch. Sorry, I need sleep. Might have been thinking of the admiral? Fixed

The best ship: Yamamoto

Ok, ok, I know battleships were largely made obsolete by aircraft carriers, but still, the Yamamoto was pretty amazing. Also, she never had a real chance to fight. I want to give her that chance... You know, just not against America.

Lol. I think you mean Yamato?

But yea kinda excited to see her in the game. But I think they were focusing on ships before 1939 first so it might be a while before we see Yamato. unless they make an exception.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there. This is my first post on this forum, but hopefully not the last.

In regards to a favorite ship, I am a firm believer in withholding judgement before getting to know the Belles personally. I will be holding off on a "Best Ship" until I get to converse in detail with them.

However, that doesn't prevent me from having initial judgements. Of all the belles that have had an interview, I am most interested in in the development of Scharnhorst, Nerpa, Admiral Graf Spee, and Fubuki. Aesthetically, La Motte-Picquet, Mahan, and Belfast also caught my eye. However, the true measure of a "Best Ship" for me is one who manages to hit both categories with ease, and thus the ship I can declare as best would be Axum, without a doubt.

Still, that could change greatly depending on how the characters develop over the course of the game, and whether some new Belle catches my eye. I'm still crossing fingers for at least one of the Kongou class battlecruisers to make it in the game.

I'm a sucker for battlecruisers I guess.

I'm almost afraid to have some of the ships I'm looking forward too get interviewed, I don't want to be let down if they aren't like what I expected them to be

To be honest, I don't know what I expect my favorite to be like. i'm just more hoping she's even in the game at all. So that way I can't be disappointed if I don't really know what to expect in the first place. xD So far I like all the belles and will probably like them anyway.

Archived