Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Daily Song Thread - Post Your Day's Tunes!

Procyon

Considering Kirov(who I've been told has very mangled Russian) and say, La Motte-Picquet(who definitely sounds like someone fluent in French), I'm guessing they're going for a mix of approaches, depending on the Belle.

I heard the Russian was made to be cutsy, which could butcher the meanings a bit.

I heard the Russian was made to be cutsy, which could butcher the meanings a bit.

Yeah, whomever runs BCS' youtube page confirmed in a comment that Kirov's VA is a native speaker and was just hamming it up to be cute.

And personally, I find it works really well at that.

Kirov really took a cute approach, which we loved...but if Russian speakers have a hard time understanding it, that's not ideal. She is going to be re-recorded in the final game for that reason.

Well, hopefully she can still pull off sounding cute while also being understandable.

Well, hopefully she can still pull off sounding cute while also being understandable.

>_<

To a Russian speaker it sounds *amazing*

Yeah, I guess it all comes down to preference rather than there being an objective 'better' (and to that extent I would agree who cares as long as it meets its purpose aka is cute). I mean hell, I'm personally quite inconsistent in what I instinctively feel is either acceptable or downright cringey when it comes to peoples accents.

>_<

To a Russian speaker it sounds *amazing*

That is a sketchy face emote...is this a good *amazing* or sarcastic *amazing*?

Also remind me to ask to be your apprentice because every time I say something I think I knew about the soviets, you make that face and correct me. I would like to learn, to know what you know.

And in my personal opinion, I like kirov's voice. I don't know too much Russian, but I know basic phrases and pronounciation, and while It's cutesy, I can understand the words. Katyusha is cutesy, but can't pronounce the bloody words; a frankly ear-rending combonation.

Misekato; Ture, there are no modern versions of Katyusha that aren't pop, but the old red army choir versions all sound amazing!

The pouring of knowledge is not enough! :(

luckily, though: it is a known fact (in english, at least) that most people can decipher most words as long as they're given the intermittent letters, and the first and last are in the right place, even if the inside is jumbled. And thanks for that version, I hadn't found it before and the lyrics are different (not in a bad way) from what I know! It is very good to listen to, and will be added shortly to my 6-hour Red Army Choir Playlist!

Edit: I've reviewed more of this guy's channel, and he's got some of my favorites as well as some I've never heard before! Shame he's got so few videos, but very much спасебо!

it is a known fact (in english, at least) that most people can decipher most words as long as they're given the intermittent letters, and the first and last are in the right place, even if the inside is jumbled.

I don't know much about this subject and probably should speak about it, but I think it less of people being able to figure out a word because the letters being there and more of it being contextual. Let's take your signature for example. If you have just 'bo s' you'll have ideas but probably wouldn't know for sure the word intended. However if you have that within the context of your signature with things like, "we'll be in" and "history" there the intended word becomes very clear.

Anyways, to get back to the original idea of the thread I'm just going to leave this here simply because I've been listening to it for weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS25TqVI_-Q

I don't know much about this subject and probably should speak about it, but I think it less of people being able to figure out a word because the letters being there and more of it being contextual. Let's take your signature for example. If you have just 'bo s' you'll have ideas but probably wouldn't know for sure the word intended. However if you have that within the context of your signature with things like, "we'll be in" and "history" there the intended word becomes very clear.

The idea is closer to "Lfie si a bxo fo clotahcoes" Which is a quote I'm sure you all know, and will not have much trouble deciphering.

The idea is closer to "Lfie si a bxo fo clotahcoes" Which is a quote I'm sure you all know, and will not have much trouble deciphering.

Ah I see! The way I read it made it sound like you were talking about letters missing. This makes a lot more sense.

Context is still important though of course.

Now I just want to figure out if that works and Japanese or not. My guess is it doesn't though.

Ah I see! The way I read it made it sound like you were talking about letters missing. This makes a lot more sense.

Context is still important though of course.

Now I just want to figure out if that works and Japanese or not. My guess is it doesn't though.

Knowing what I know of japanese (which is surprisingly more than I know of the russian language), no. no, it would not work nearly as well.

Knowing what I know of japanese (which is surprisingly more than I know of the russian language), no. no, it would not work nearly as well.

My guess is it probably works with languages that us the roman alphabet, and probably alphabets in general. Japanese uses a syllabary so it's a lot harder. I mean just writing さく instead of くさ you get an entirely different word. The former meaning 'make' and the latter meaning 'grass.' Well of course they both use kanji, but still.

That is also the major problem. because it's syllabic and uses Kanji, most words in japanese have no more than 3 characters, with 4 being a stretch, this kind of puzzle only works well with 4 or more characters, if you noticed. it's a lot easier to mix up wrods lkie tihs tahn a adn teh.

Yeah and even if there's more than 4 characters it's still not the easiest. I only have a second grade level understanding of Japanese so I'm not sure if you rearranged something like 仕方がない if people who are fluent in the language would understand once it was rearranged. Though if it's not, I think part of why not is each half of that word has meaning on it's own and even further both kanji have a meaning on thier own.

Yeah and even if there's more than 4 characters it's still not the easiest. I only have a second grade level understanding of Japanese so I'm not sure if you rearranged something like 仕方がない if people who are fluent in the language would understand once it was rearranged. Though if it's not, I think part of why not is each half of that word has meaning on it's own and even further both kanji have a meaning on thier own.

Aye, it's just not something you can do with the eastern languages.

Kirov really took a cute approach, which we loved...but if Russian speakers have a hard time understanding it, that's not ideal. She is going to be re-recorded in the final game for that reason.

That's reasonable. Of course, we're also going to get more Soviet ships :D.

Dang...this song is so kickass :D