Black Chicken Studios Forums

A wallpaper I made for fans of the Soviet ships

TachibanaSan

Here's a funny image I made because Ninjapacman posted it and suggested it.

KVlgz2.jpg

I feel kinda bad my first submission to the forum is of something I did to kill time at home. (Hope that's okay with you)

I saw some wallpapers Nel made and I decided maybe I should do some as well for 3 reasons:

1) Because why not? I love making things!

2) Because I'm sure a user out there would love it!

3)And to see if I can still even work Photoshop after not touching it for like...I dunno how many years (hue ;- ;)

Well here's one. It's got some transparency to it so whatever colour you have set in windows you'll have to change it. I'll upload the non burnt one as well if that would suit your fancy more.

I think I'll probably do more of these Constructivist Propaganda type wallpapers for the ships of the USSR

Here's my SLiMG album where I'll just start posting them at. As always enjoy them and uhh feel free to critique them? (I don't get my feelings hurt easily so you can be blunt if you want)

https://sli.mg/a/amMSEw

Or you can just see it here if you don't want to click the link.

Non burnt version

qi5yHf.jpg

Burnt Transparent Version

U0ixRu.png

848CHI.jpg

Lnss1f.png

Edit: Added a new wallpaper and fixed the typo(s) on the third one (thanks Fif)

Also this was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. Freaking enjoyed doing it - totes going to do it again for sure!

Cheers and have a wonderful day!

Edit as of 4:11 AM MST 12/6/16

Okay added the picture up here. I've had too much vodka and my eyes hurt so I'm off to bed now c:

Very gorgeous :D.

Thanks! I'm actually working on another one for fun and because I don't feel like playing Overwatch haha

Nice work! They look fantastic.

Thank you for the kind words! I'll make sure to do more and better ones as I slowly get my skills back in Photoshop!

I dislike the font because it's mock cyrillic and actually if read as cyrillic says nothing close to what is intended. Also, on some of the writing it's hard to read due to there being a lack of space between words.

For an example of what I mean by "read as cyrillic."

The part that says "WORKERS UNITE" Can be read phonetically sounding out the cyrillic characters as "SHOYAKEYAS UIITE" Which is nonsense. Also, "Death" is written as "BZDTN"

On the whole though I find it fun and Soviet.

I am admitted jealous. Much more vibrant than mine

Thanks nel! Not that mine are more vibrant, it's everyone has their own thing they are good at! In my case I'm probably going to be seen as a communist now ;-;

I dislike the font because it's mock cyrillic and actually if read as cyrillic says nothing close to what is intended. Also, on some of the writing it's hard to read due to there being a lack of space between words.

For an example of what I mean by "read as cyrillic."

The part that says "WORKERS UNITE" Can be read phonetically sounding out the cyrillic characters as "SHOYAKEYAS UIITE" Which is nonsense. Also, "Death" is written as "BZDTN"

On the whole though I find it fun and Soviet.

True, and thanks to the criticism I've fixed up my latest one that might be a little easier on everyone's eyes C:

Hope you enjoy it!

848CHI.jpg

Nitpicks which do not kill us, only make us stronger. :)

This is true comrade! It's these nitpicks that allowed me to make better content for the community. I just need to figure out if I can do you know...non communist wallpapers for the belles in the future. Huzzah!

Glorious! :)

Thank you! I'll do my best to live up to the standards and I'll post more!

Love the glorious Wallpapers Comrade.

Thanks! Your signature reminded me I need to do one for the Japanese ships as well, I need to get to work on that!

Updated with the first Nazi Germany one.

This one has a more poster feel to it than my other ones. And I feel the more I've done them the better I'm getting at them.

Also I saved my turret-less version of Scharnhorst if anyone wanted it just lemme know and I'll post it.

Otherwise enjoy the German wallpaper.

UP NEXT:

Nel's Signature

A wallpaper of Fubuki (going to go for the Japanese style art way for a wallpaper IF POSSIBLE)

A french ship (insert ideas here)

Probably Mockba's wallpaper or another German one perhaps.

Said wallpaper:

Lnss1f.png

Okay time for bed now.

TSan;

Wow, these are gorgeous! Although Scharnhorst is one of the least likely poster child for the Nazi regime...not that that would have stopped the propangadists. :)

Respektieren Sie unsere Scharn oder wir überfallen Sie und beweisen die Kraft unseres Volkes!

;)

TSan;

Wow, these are gorgeous! Although Scharnhorst is one of the least likely poster child for the Nazi regime...not that that would have stopped the propangadists. :)

True, I used her mostly because I had already did all the cutting of her turrets and such out haha.

thank you though glad you like it!

I probably prefer the sister ship of the Scharnhorst as she was never killed and only was intentional sunk by the German at the end of the war.

True! I'll get around to doing one for her as well

Archived