Black Chicken Studios Forums

Battleship Bingo, Round 4!

Legate of Mineta

Eh, I was actually trying to figure out who she was a little while back and had absolutely no idea. Came up with nothing, even under the hint of sparring with Leningrad. So on that note, yeah. I'll help you vote for A4, Yuri!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Leningrad sparring is difficult to reconcile. Germany lost all its African holdings in WW1, so the Belle isn't German. Italy has Ethiopia and Libya, so it's very possible she's an Italian Belle from the former. France and Britain also had African holdings.

We've been told by Legate that there's a story behind that scuffle between her and Leningrad. Perhaps if we get that interview we'll find out about that, too. :-)

I'm assuming the story, if there is any, is some kind of historical feud between her and/or her crew, and leningrad and/or her crew. With that in mind, I looked up leningrad to see if any other ship was excessively mentioned, especially as a rival of some sort, but I found nothing of note.

After getting caught up with this thread I think I'm going to have to go with the good ol' Bakumatsu period sentiments of sonno joi (I'm super twisting it though.) So until another Japanese Belles is interviewed I say revere the emperor, expel the barbarians. Or something like that. Don't take this too seriously.

Archived