Black Chicken Studios Forums

Formal Request of Delay (or lack thereof)

Fifrein

As it says in the title , this thread is a petition to BCS to temporarily delay the Bulldog video interview by 3 weeks, to prevent the delay of several more time-sensitive interviews. This may sound odd, and maybe blatantly rude, but I have had a good idea of which belles I'm voting for for the next 3 weeks to honor some rather special occasions. I know that some here share the same sentiment, and this would be the petition to see if we can make it happen.

Others may not agree, so if I may, I will explain my reasoning below:

As I said above, I've had my votes planned out, and several others may have as well. (Hello, Chicago, didn't see you there! :P )

We have already voted for the first of these, New Orleans. She is a fantastic Belle, but more than that she was requested by our beloved Dr.YuriMom to coincide with both her birthday and the anniversary of the battle of Tassafaronga, in which New Orleans took part.

Second, we have USS Arizona. The week after next will include the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, a rather momentous occasion. What better way to honor a Belle such as her, then to interview her for that week?

Finally, we have Saguenay, who I know several important members of the forum have been waiting for for a very long time, and who I know our very own Nel Celestine has requested to coincide with her birthday.

If Bulldog's interview comes out next week, it will delay New Orleans into Pearl Harbor, missing Tassafaronga completely and preventing us from grabbing AZ. We may still get Saguenay at the right time, but we'll be down a much-sought-after interview and a celebration (or rememberance) of a very important day in history. I feel that if we have waited this long for Bulldog, and since we just got Hood, we can wait just a little longer.

That's my two cents. Critique my persuasive writing, Tell me why I'm wrong and I'm why we can't have nice things, and/or sign your names below if you agree!

Just note that this thread is regarding this petition only, and the points made within. Try to keep it on topic to make it easier, should BCS take it into account, to figure out who's agreeing and who's not.

Small edit and side note: It seems to be a running theme that I'm the devil's advocate; I'm really not trying to be the bad guy here, I swear....

Significant dates aside, I don't think it's a good idea to intentionally delay what I, at least, perceive as a big step of development in the hopes that three public votes end up aligning perfectly.

Besides, literally asking for BCS to delay something? You're picking the lock on Pandora's Box here, good sir <_<.

I thoroughly agree with this delay. I believe it is of the utmost priority to honor Arizona on the day of 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. If the interview comes out now, she'll be delayed, and her interview will be meaningless. Her death was what provided the boost needed for America to join the war. I could post some numbers if you want, but America joining the war was an incredible turning point in the course of history. We cannot ignore Arizona's brilliant sacrifice, or that of the 2,403 other sailors, service personnel, and civilians who lost their lives.

I'm going to go on record and say, whatever BCS chooses, I support it. I think honestly with the delay the video has had that when it comes out we should have two interviews at this point. The Voted Belle and the video. We could even have the voted Belle comment on the video afterwards as Mahan, the voted Belle and ourselves watch it on board the interview ship.

Just my two gil

I'm going to go on record and say, whatever BCS chooses, I support it. I think honestly with the delay the video has had that when it comes out we should have two interviews at this point. The Voted Belle and the video. We could even have the voted Belle comment on the video afterwards as Mahan, the voted Belle and ourselves watch it on board the interview ship.

Just my two gil

I thought about that as well, but decided not to put it in the opening post. I think yes, a double interview with the video and a standard would solve the problem as well and probably make a lot more people happy. I know I'm asking for far more than I have the right to request here, but it's at the very least important enough to me to make it worth the request, whatever the result.

If I may, I believe we simply want BCS to take the delay into consideration knowing that the video interview is completely up to their discretion since their foremost thought should be "what is best for the project?". However, we would like to appeal to their spirit of compromise, the same spirit that has cemented such a loyal and fantastic fanbase and community with such ideas as the timed-exculsive belles and the extremely popular Morgana confrontation in the update before last. But the spirit of compromise is a partnership, so in my personal opinion if the interview must drop in the next 3 weeks aiming for the week of dec 7th would still give us 2 of the 3 dates we desire and only delay the video interview by one week instead of three.

Nel's suggestion, however, would be the best result.

I'm impartial. It's always nice to have things line up like that but they aren't meaningless if they don't, plus I agree with Metis. Asking BCS for a delay on something is like begging your government to tax you more. :( You'll regret it.

I'm impartial. It's always nice to have things line up like that but they aren't meaningless if they don't, plus I agree with Metis. Asking BCS for a delay on something is like begging your government to tax you more. :( You'll regret it.

I'm not quite sure on that analogy, since we wouldn't be giving BCS anything like you would in taxes. It would be closer to asking for a delay on a check for you that had already been delayed many times before by the other party.

Now, now. If something is delayed, it's not due to a precedent...it's because it's not ready. How things operate. ;)

As to a delay, let's hear more from the community before we raise it to the Team. ;)

I wouldn't have posted the thread if I didn't want to hear the community's position on my views here. Glad to see you took notice, though.

I honestly agree with Fif delaying the Bulldog be here for another 3 weeks does seem kind of sketchy I honestly want to see how Bulldogs Personalities in the video plus I think black Chicken studios really need to get their shit together IF they want to release a new IP in there list of games. Imagine VB was out and they announced on their Facebook and Twitter that they will be releasing a free DLC featuring all the belles from WWI then 3 days later that the World War 1 DLC is going to be delayed an extra month.....

I'm only expressing my frustration like everybody else but I don't want this post to sound like I'm cold and cruel I'm far from that but this is post is just Express how im kind mad interview vid needs 3 more weeks :(

I honestly agree with Fif delaying the Bulldog be here for another 3 weeks does seem kind of sketchy I honestly want to see how Bulldogs Personalities in the video plus I think black Chicken studios really need to get their shit together IF they want to release a new IP in there list of games. Imagine VB was out and they announced on their Facebook and Twitter that they will be releasing a free DLC featuring all the belles from WWI then 3 days later that the World War 1 DLC is going to be delayed an extra month.....

I'm only expressing my frustration like everybody else but I don't want this post to sound like I'm cold and cruel I'm far from that but this is post is just Express how im kind mad interview vid needs 3 more weeks :(

Falcon, I'm not sure you get the point here. I'm not complaining that they're delaying bulldog 3 more weeks (which is more up to how long it takes them to complete it, and not up to when Legate says it's done). I'm requesting (asking, really) they delay it for that time, in the case that it is completed before then. It may not need 3 weeks at all, and could be ready this weekend. However, the point of this thread is that if it is, we need to know how much of the community still wants to see New Orleans instead.

However, the point of this thread is that if it is, we need to know how much of the community still wants to see New Orleans instead.

That's assuming the community wants to see New Orleans as opposed to any of the other Belles in the first place.

Not that it might not be a safe assumption, I don't know, but I've been blindsighted by stranger things.

Falcon, I'm not sure you get the point here. I'm not complaining that they're delaying bulldog 3 more weeks (which is more up to how long it takes them to complete it, and not up to when Legate says it's done). I'm requesting (asking, really) they delay it for that time, in the case that it is completed before then. It may not need 3 weeks at all, and could be ready this weekend. However, the point of this thread is that if it is, we need to know how much of the community still wants to see New Orleans instead.

I mean Hey Nobody's Perfect by right?not even a company like them so if they need to add some more time for the video and I will wait

That's assuming the community wants to see New Orleans as opposed to any of the other Belles in the first place.

Not that it might not be a safe assumption, I don't know, but I've been blindsighted by stranger things.

We still haven't confirmed that New Orleans is going to be the next week's interview right? Like I said in the previous post I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for next week's video and hopefully it will get done on time

Archived