Black Chicken Studios Forums

Kantai Collection/Victory Belles and Expectations.

Cpt.FernwehMercer

First off, Greetings folks, I am new, Creeped on the forums for a few days then decided to post a few questions I had seeing as how for the most part the members that frequent this forum are mature and knowledgeable.

Secondly, I know some people will get, triggered, with particular topics. I apologies ahead of time if you disagree with me or do not feel the same way.

Victory Belles look fantastic and I can say for certain that I will lose countless hours in it. However If Kancolle did announce an English release, (or a western/global launch in general.) How do YOU think that would effect the support for this game? There are things that Kancolle has that this one currently from what is public knowledge dos not have. Such as "Loli" characters, Larger Selection of characters, and a "Moe" art style some people would prefer over the "Realistic" animated art style Victory Belles currently has.

Another concern I have is that kick starter exclusive content will exist in game. For instance are there any Belles offered in the kick starter that can NOT be acquired in game? (Outfits do not count.) Because in my opinion part of the crowd that would be attracted to this game would be completionists,collectors, and achievement hunters. Part of that is getting ALL the things, Belles, outfits, weapons, etc. I am among them. Seeing as how I found this project recently I have no way to secure these items, and for everyone else that would feel this way as well. In my opinion, most things offered now a days in kick starters to some extent make players coming into the game/community/project later down the line feel left out, never able to ketch em all, or complete the collection.

Something I hope that Victory belles dos differently is the combat. Id like to see a little more animation from the characters. No need to go overboard, but something more, something better then Kancolle. One thing I will say is if they do a good job on the story/campaign They will have a leg up on Kancolle.

Thanks for reading folks, Have a good one!

Personally I find the lack of lolis and most of the characters looking older to be one of the biggest appeal points of this game.

I also know a few people who will definitely give Victory Belles a try when it launches who would otherwise ignore KanColle because of that very reason.

Another concern I have is that kick starter exclusive content will exist in game. For instance are there any Belles offered in the kick starter that can NOT be acquired in game?

Q:Will the Kickstarter Belles be available to all players after the game is released?

A: The Kickstarter Belles are a timed exclusive. On the first year anniversary of Victory Belles' release, they will begin to drop for other players during events. They will be more difficult to acquire than other Belles, but it will still be possible to add them to your fleet.

As per the FAQ at the bottom of the Kickstarter page.

Personally I find the lack of lolis and most of the characters looking older to be one of the biggest appeal points of this game.

I also know a few people who will definitely give Victory Belles a try when it launches who would otherwise ignore KanColle because of that very reason.

As per the FAQ at the bottom of the Kickstarter page.

Thank-you for the information, That makes me feel much better. In all honesty, the ONE thing that makes me quit games and leave projects are exclusive items. Not everyone can say "Oh, this game I play has a limited time THING I need to get to keep my OCD in check." to there bosses, spouse, duties, and what ever else life throws at you.

Alpha;

Welcome to the forums!

First, what Dano wrote. :)

At least for most of us on the Team, we'd play both Kancolle and VB. They are pretty different games, and we think there's room enough for both. At least we don't see the choice as binary.

Regarding animations- we'd love to do more, but that is quite expensive to do. Perhaps in the future? For now, though, our focus is on completing '39 and having all our Captains sail the high seas, fight WW2 and maybe, just maybe, saving the world!

Alpha;

Welcome to the forums!

First, what Dano wrote. :)

At least for most of us on the Team, we'd play both Kancolle and VB. They are pretty different games, and we think there's room enough for both. At least we don't see the choice as binary.

Regarding animations- we'd love to do more, but that is quite expensive to do. Perhaps in the future? For now, though, our focus is on completing '39 and having all our Captains sail the high seas, fight WW2 and maybe, just maybe, saving the world!

Yes, getting the game to a playable state should be priority number one. I was just saying that at some point in time it would be a nice addition.

Edit: I am sure this info exists somewhere, however it would be easier for me to simply ask it here. When is the target release date?

Hello Alpha, to address some of your questions. I believe VB would still have solid support even if KC came out with an english version for three simple reasons: Character depth, Continues story, and an improved combat system.

Now while KC most certainly have more characters than VB will have at launch I would argue that many of KC's characters are rather flat since dialogue only shows up briefly and only give quick glimpses at a character. Not to mention with certain designs (in my opinion) not being very eye catching (just looking like a random school girl without their rigs). Every Belle has a completely unique design with an individual voice and a personal story waiting to be explored. Not only will we get the full picture about their character but also be able to interact with them using chosen dialogue.

Speaking of stories, the main story allows us to truly take a roll in the main and national stories and drive the narrative forward. To me this makes VB feel very different than KC, allowing VB to shine in it's own light. This story also continues with each passing year, adding to the narrative.

Lastly, the combat, from what I've seen, is a bit more engaging, allowing for a bit more strategy and a bit less RNG. Keep in mind, most of this is my opinion and everyone has their own criteria for a "Better" game.

Just try calling Pola a loli...

dude do you want your nose or any body parts to get wreck

I'm just gonna ask if there's a chance to obtain the art book in other way??

I love the characters design....

Any event or contest in the game????

Special fan art hahahahaha

Just like a game that I'm playing in my phone we always have fan art when every character celebrate there birthday

Contradict to your deatdate even

Sadly I cannot draw...except with words. I've been known to draw a mental picture or two with words. Now if I can only find my muse. Oh muse? Muse?

Sadly I cannot draw...except with words. I've been known to draw a mental picture or two with words. Now if I can only find my muse. Oh muse? Muse?

I don't consider myself as an artist but a guy who loves to draw and a VGA student

I believe that if kancolle gets an English patch it will only be good for both games. Competition is good because it forces developers to keep improving. Although, with how the updates are going, it looks like VB doesn't need much help in that regard. Everything seems to get better on a daily basis.

And Yuri, maybe I can be your muse.

Just try calling Pola a loli...

... i bet he couldn't end the phrase because of her "ruthless intervention".

Now, back to the topic. I see Kantai as a japanese game which uses a specific niche for its growth. As with many unique japanese medias, it's solely set on its own country as is a product of the japanese animation-driven culture at that point of Japan's history. As to why they didn't expand, i cannot say for certain, but i can theorize that they felt no need to expand their game as they were having success with their original audience and a globalized port of the game had too many unknown variables to make it worthwhile.

I knew of Kantai long before VB. I tried to search more about it in accord with my interest for japanese animation at the time. And i did search for a way to try out the game. But the hassles i had to do to solely play the game were more than enough to stop the search. I even tried anime/mangas based on the franchise, but none kicked my gears enough to become a fan. And so it halted there.

Then Gaijin Goombah's video showed up, showing part of the culture behind the game while also promoting VB's kickstarter. As i read the kickstarter, i felt motivated. The game offered a "what-if" scenario to one of, if not the, most known moments of human history. While also offering an honest view at both naval combat and the naval history of WWII, things which i knew next to nothing off (save Pearl Harbor). The game was solidified on both real and fictional sides, promising accuracy and entertainment, and those factors gripped my interest in the game. I entered VB's boat for the sake of learning and fun. Learning from a different perspective about topics i never knew, while having fun with a mobile game with a different flavor. I tried to raise my pledge for the Belfast plushie, but it meant sacrifices at a time of my life where i had other, more real troubles, so i stood at a lower level in the end.

To end my answer in a more succint way, i am too rooted in VB's premises to choose Kantai Collection over it. If it had been launched globally earlier, i would try it, give it an honest opinion, and probably stop playing it, since my time was invested in other PC/console games. But it didn't, and VB was born from that void, among other reasons that i might not know. How funny does history weaves upon chances that are not taken.

Archived