Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 51 - I8

DrYuriMom

If I play VB then I think she will be in my fleet as I plan to go with a Japan / Germany fleet and as long you keep her busy she seem to be happy ... and for a long range scout there should be always be a need.

I personal doubt we will see supply lines from Morgana in VB what means she would be to weak if she go alone into a fight.

She was not what I was expecting though she seems interesting her response was hilarious. And Mahan I see you talking shit about Nautilus no coffee for you for 3 days.

nah just kidding

She was not what I was expecting though she seems interesting her response was hilarious. And Mahan I see you talking shit about Nautilus no coffee for you for 3 days.

nah just kidding

i need to read Nautilus mini interview to know what mahan want to say there hahaha

This probably is the only Belle that I don't like. Her design is alright but everything else about her just makes me not want her in my fleet. Sins of the father type thing.

I will say that it's actually pretty good that so far this is the only Belle I don't like. In Kancolle and Warship Girls there are a number of ships that I don't like, and up until now I've liked every Belle thus far (yes, that includes Graff)

What I think is fascinating is the dichotomy of her service. She achieved what no other Axis ship could, once the noose started to tighten. She made it all the way from Malaysia to occupied France with absolutely no friendly ports or waters in between, constantly under threat of allied ASW. She made it back from France to Peneng literally on fumes. What an incredible achievement!

And yet, under a different captain, her crew committed heinous war crimes...and said captain was promoted for his service.

I find it quite courageous of BCS to include such a Belle in the game AND, rather than whitewash the bad stuff, face it head on. She's both the best and the worst of WWII ship history...and all it took was one man to make the difference.

Her Captain.

Maybe after some time I'll come around to her. It took me a while to like Stewart because initially I didn't like the way she sounded in the voice actress reel. Sounded like a snobbish valley girl. But after looking up about her and such, I eventually liked her.

Very interesting interview. I wasn't sure what we'd get given the history of the boat in question (and yes, full disclosure, I was aware of that history before I started voting for her). Obviously the actions of the crew of I8 were atrocious and detestable, but I have established two buffers in my mind to mediate my love of this Belle and my condemnation of those war crimes:

1- The actions taken were of the crew and captain, not the vessel. I know this game heavily features personifications of ships themselves, but obviously the ships are not conscious beings. I do not celebrate the crew by celebrating the Belle based on the ship.

2- I do my best to divorce fantasy from reality and accept things like this in a bubble. I believe it's important to understand the context of the ideas in fiction (and thus studied this and other Belles a bit), but ultimately accept them on their own fictitious merits. I mean, if she was a murderous psychopath I would feel differently, but that's about the character, not the historical context. Irresponsible, I suppose, but I do my best to be informed before taking that leap.

That all being said, I totally understand why others would choose to keep her out of the fleet and I will never condemn that decision. Frankly, what really drew me in the first place was simply character design, after that it was mostly stubbornness that made me keep to my decision and I have no regrets in that regard. Hmm, I was going to react to the interview itself, but this has already run long. I'm sure this long rambling defense was unnecessary, as this community is very civil even in disagreement, but oh well, those are my thoughts.

David and Libra, what were you expecting? Just curious.

I was expecting a more quiet Belle, due to be a Japanese sub (most of them were polite and well-mannered whereas Nenohi was very energetic) and her past, her bluntness and her interest in us the Captain reflects she knows and may make a point of that a Captain's actions can both do both and bad. Which makes sense considering her last captain. I liked that BCS included the bad and the good while compared to Kancolle which just did the good.

Archived