Black Chicken Studios Forums

Academagia v 3.0.8

Command

Based on steam guides I've seen before, I'm wondering if a better approach wouldn't be a "Your first month in Academagia" type thing, where it gives you guidance on some helpful stuff to do, easy adventures, etc, for the month of Athonos.

The problem with that is that what adventures are open and/or constitute as "easy" is going to vary wildly depending on College, class load, attribute spread and so on. The only adventure that's universally easy (and even that is, frankly, debatable) is Oan's tutorial, which I usually don't get to finishing up until Pramidi. Heck, I personally don't tend to get heavily into adventures until Cheimare or so.

During Beta I did manage to get till at last mid term with skipping the class timeslot where nothing is thought. During the exam I had to limit my self to 2-4 timeslot per week that I skipped.

But at some point even reload a few time no longer work to get a skipping day trough and even not skipping for 2 week no longer really help then.

(As you can read I not straight skip all class what natural increase the number of reloads by 1 per day and so is nothing I would suggest for a normal player)

On the topic of the class-skipping bug, I feel like this has definitely become an area where the playerbase likes both the intended behavior and the bugged behavior. Maybe a character creation option could be added - "strict or lax discipline?" - which would allow anyone to play under the rules they prefer. Certainly I like being able to skip classes - it fits with Orso's rather lax attitude toward rules and preference for students learning through exploration, independent study, and adventure - but I could see why someone would prefer an Academagia more along the lines of a Hogwarts-esque high school rather than a magic college, too.

I raise this mostly because a lot of games - I'm thinking of Crusader Kings 2 in particular - have been pretty successful lately experimenting with changeable rulesets.

• Like 1

Jazerus;

That is a great idea. Of course CK2 built a framework to do that, and we'd need to do something similar to implement such an idea, but...it would be really cool.

That may be something more for Y2 than Y1, though.

Thank you!

In a Y1 context, I was envisioning it as a 1 point background trait - perhaps along the lines of "Apprenticeship: Explorer's Guild" or "Prodigy: Self-Tutor" - that gives you special dispensation to skip afternoon classes (presumably by suppressing the discipline event for that timeslot).

Well, most of the complaints are fair, even with the negative reviews. I'd have thought that the type of game it is was pretty obvious from the start.

To be fair, I still really like the old UI, and when the new modbase comes out I might attempt to create a mod of DLC17 for that version of the game.

Iono, sometimes people like to practice languages by reading difficult things for the sake of learning new words. Back when I took French I was slowly going through the Count of Monte Cristo to "hone my abilities". It was hard but it did work somewhat

I have fun trying to watch raw Japanese anime sometimes. It's not the same as reading, but it really helps being able to speak it before you get too far trying to reed.. Otherwise you feel like committing suicide, lol.