Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 Bugs

Schwarzbart

(looks in) I got a character with a 13 relationship with Uliva, now the thing is I didn't receive the Love Emotion, I can however confirm she did obtained the Love Emotion. Is this a bug or intentional?
My character has the emotions: Affection, Calm, Elation, Hungry for Peace, Peaceful Heart, Salt of the Earth, and Yearning for the Imperial Past.
I currently have no stress.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're supposed to get Love if you have Affection and an opposite gendered student at 13+ relationship. It might take a day or so, the game has to add Affection and than Love which it might not be able to do on the same day, but other than that under those conditions you're supposed to get it.

There should be a folder called Cache_V3 in C:\ProgramData\Academagia, if you're on Windows 7 or I believe 10. Delete it. Reloading the game afterwards might take a lot longer than normal, that's what the cache is normally for, but by the same token if the cache contains an error it's the reason why reloading won't fix it.

Hmm...I can't say it's because the game randomly polls a relationship and only adds Love if it stumbles upon the one that's actually 13+, since I'm quite confident that Affection uses the same function and I've never had a problem with it. Very odd, but I suppose that's why the Team will have to take a look at it.

I don't know if it is working as intended but Startling Observation's stage 2 won't appear until you raise your relationship with Ausdauer again.

Another bug is in A Book Full of Ghost's stage 3. The Gate Methods option will always fail despite being color-coded green with max skill.

In the quest Francesca Idonia (part of the Collections questline) it says "While you doubt you could take this man on in a fight, you're think you might be able to convince him you could." if I choose (and pass) intimidate.

Should be you, not you're~ :3

In the quest Imogene Pax (part of the Collections questline) it has exit 1 - dedication rather than just dedication. The other 2 options are fine.

Thanks to timezone shenanigans I imagine that what you consider "tonight" isn't a point in time where the sun has set locally, but sure, I haven't gotten my fill of Beta stuff after the five revisions it took to get this far.

I don't know if it is working as intended but Startling Observation's stage 2 won't appear until you raise your relationship with Ausdauer again.

Another bug is in A Book Full of Ghost's stage 3. The Gate Methods option will always fail despite being color-coded green with max skill.

Every given stage of a student adventure (should) require(s) you to have a suitably high relationship with that student, as well as not be a rival, so that's intended.

Also intended. As the option text not so subtly hints, "though sometimes, in spiritual matters, you can fail by succeeding and succeed by failing".

EDIT: Upon closer inspection it appears that Audauer's initial student adventure stage requires a lower relationship than every (okay, a few) subsequent stage. That, I imagine, is not intended.

Same here. I've been playing the game for about 3 years and I'd be happy to do some beta testing.

1. BTW, In character creation, the new omen Three Suns, doesn't grey out the other omens when selected, thus allowing for the selection of multiple omens.

2. Also the Astrology: Midnight option probably shouldn't be allowed in combination with Three Suns, unless the player is born at a location in which the sun is visible at midnight...

3. Graphical glitch: Select: Cast Spell or Use Item on the calendar and it will display a transparent white overlay if you don't have any spells or items available to use. The click back on Choose Action or Use Ability and parts of the list will still have the transparent white overlay. You may have to scroll up or down to see it.

4. Text display glitch: Portion of previous event or adventure shows after advance to the next phase.

5. Text display glitch: The indent for the blue large letter at the beginning of a section of text is showing up in the second column instead of next to the large blue letter.

6. Skills display inconvenience: The skills list on the left hand side doesn't "word wrap" so the level of the skill isn't displayed if the name is wider than the viewable window area. The same is true for Relationships list on the right hand side, where then names cut off if wider than the column width.

Good luck on the patch.

Thanks, Legate.

Not sure if it helps the Team, but with the "freeze on entering the last name in character creation" bug, trying to load a 2nd instance of Academagia will unfreeze it.

Heh, I agree, but:

If the program is multi-threaded, it's not unusual to create a shared memory space between instances to check for and prevent the loading of multiple instances. So likely something in the multiple instance check is unblocking it.

So not as far fetched as it sounds.

I can confirm that the second instance did exit instead of loading. This is new functionality maybe because of Steam DRM preventing multiple instances, or intended design for the new UI. The old version lets you open as many instances as you desire.

Archived