Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 Bugs

Schwarzbart

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my most recent playthrough, I attempted the adventure "Why is your head so fuzzy?" and repeatedly failed the checks. Nonetheless, the adventure continued and my character got the dorm key (all of this was in one session). This and other gains were reflected in that day's log of events. Yet that same log marked that I had not succeeded in the adventure! Surely when the adventure continues to the end and the PC acquires an artifact, that should count as a successful adventure.

Typos and lore errors:

Random Event Physical Activity 9:

Phillippe hits you with the hilt of his sword while his kicks you [or: RandomStudent hits you with the hilt of his sword while PossessivePronoun kicks you]

should be [since swords are not taught in Y1 Academagia]

Phillippe hits you while he kicks you [or: RandomStudent hits you with the hilt of his sword while Pronoun kicks you]

The Forest

photographs…scientists

should be [because of the technology level and vocabulary of the setting, unless I be mistaken]

illustrations…natural philosophers

Typos:

Keeper of Words

Yet for his sheltered individual…he had writ himself

should be

Yet for his sheltered individual…he had written himself

From the Collected Letters of Toterol Decimus:

the ease in which they

should be

the ease with which they

Helping a Crying Girl:

just call me Ana, my parents call me Ana Flavia…gravely.”So…Quick, to the library!

should be

just call me Ana; my parents call me Ana Flavia…gravely. “So…Quick! To the library!

Spacing Error:

The in-game description of Tabin has an unneeded line break between to and say in the phrase “Maybe he just doesn’t have much to say”.

Got a weird one for you guys this time.

Was viewing Prudence Cossins and saw a blank skill with a 0 value:

Missing Skill.PNG

Edit: Ah, I think this is because that's a supposed to be a 10 for Theory of Negation and the number column isn't wide enough for 2 digit numbers. Resizing the window doesn't fix it, btw.

Edit 2: I checked a value on my character that had a 10, and it showed up just like this when viewed by clicking on my character's name in the Clique tab. So I can confirm that this is a problem with 2 digit numbers.

RE Awesome Community 31 had its complete text in red when I just got it (newest steam version with some of my public mods used)

I didn't get any reward from Diplomacy 7 and looking at the last mod base there is [Expand]Expand Subject/Relationship Minimum and [Relationship]Character/Self/Character/Choice of Character with Choice of Character not possible as reward for a skill increase in year 1 and I'm also not sure if Relationship Minimum have any effect in year 1.

I'm going to sorely regret suggesting this, but would it be possible to change that to a random Relationship Max increase? If so, than combined with Etiquette 3 you'd be able to (painfully...) get any NPC student who's adventure gives out a +1 relationship max to 13.

Actually, wait, Diplomacy 7 is (supposed to be...) +2 relationship min. If that gets changed to max than that plus Etiquette 3 could put any student at 13. Painstakingly, but still...

While you're at it, could you re-send in the suggestion of switching Etiquette 3 with what was it, like 7 or 8, the +1 Professor relationship? As I've said before, too easy to get Etiquette that high during Character Creation, and in that case you'll not find out who got the +1 max unless you get that student's relationship to 11. With no clue as to who that student is.

Not sure how this link happened (and strange that it's Olivia and Carmine that are linked to, since I've seen other students in this event) but...

Random Event Research 3

after the Confidence exit:

Wrong_pronoun.PNG

That event actually polls a random medium relationship student that otherwise doesn't appear in any of the event's main, success or failure texts, but for some reason that one reference to Olivia is actually a reference to the randomly chosen student. If that random student was female you wouldn't be able to tell anything was amiss unless you actively checked the references.

Thanks for checking, Metis. Probably why I never noticed it before.

Got another grammar/typo:

Random Event Forest 5

After the Confidence success exit:

... if they've abandon[ed] their campfire.

Random Event Professor Alazzo 1 the Exit 3 say "You think back to your Revision class and try to remember the spell for turning an object to glass." despite everyone could get this event and the investigation and the exit 3 also have no restriction for only Revision class. 

The Substitution  (Arithmetic Adventure 01: Cryptology failure exit)

(?) says... (?) glares at Reitz. ... (?) asks.

That's just the first 3, there's a bunch more (?) after that as well. Probably should give this whole adventure a good looking over.

Archived