Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 Bugs

Schwarzbart

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was definitely a skill step increase resulting in a skill level increase. I'm attaching a screen cap of the log and the skill. The log results are from stage 2 of "Welcome to the Club!".

According to the Wiki, the reward (which I'm not seeing listed under recipes either) was supposed to be knowledge of an item: "Learn about Writing Supplies (Item)"

(I haven't checked via Artifice though...)

So there may be similar skill level rewards with the same problem.

Bookbinding 4.PNG  Bookbinding 4-2.PNG

IIRC the end of day report will only report skill level increases if you actually get anything from the rank-up, and getting recipe information in that way is broken, so you get nothing, so the game reports nothing. That might be me misremembering, though.

Hi Metis,

When you get an item + recipe it does report both, but the link to the item description is broken when clicking from the log.

In the case above like you said, I'm not sure anything was rewarded, since I couldn't find the recipe in the recipe list of the item tab.

Of course I think getting the items themselves might actually be a bug as opposed to intended, particularly in the case of things like studying Zoology -- not that I'm complaining. I suppose it could be explained that the items were encountered or acquired as part of the learning process.

Maybe getting the item is the work-around for the getting the recipe being broken? :unsure:

@Legate of Mineta:

About the broken links -- probably not what you want to hear -- but I'm fairly certain that there were cases with the old client where the links would corrupt randomly. For example with the same adventure sometimes ones that would display okay on one play through, then would show up broken after a reload or on a different play through...:ph34r:

44 minutes ago, Rydenius said:

Maybe getting the item is the work-around for the getting the recipe being broken? :unsure:

As far as I know, yes. The issue is that you can't get recipes for an item from skill-ups properly unless you have said item in your inventory, which in most cases would give you the recipe or at least the means to get it, so skills ranks that used to give out recipes should either give out the items themselves or something else entirely.

30 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Ry;

*Not* what we want to hear, but...we'll still see if we can hunt something down from that. ;)

No idea if it's *still* a problem. But thought I'd pass it along since the wack-a-mole, might not be the mole originally expected. ;)

@Metis, thanks. I guess Bookbinding needs to be flagged for review for the upcoming content patch.

I posted a few other examples of this previously, but figured I'd include a screen cap this time. It could be solved in code (strip trailing or leading whitespace characters from the exit choice text) or in the editor (have the editor strip trailing/leading whitespace characters), and then there wouldn't be a need to go back and find them all.

@Rhialto, yeah, it's pretty minor in the scheme of things, but figured I'd point it out since those kind of things impact how casual players view the "quality" of the game and they are easy to fix.

The Corner Tailor location is still showing up with both an active and passive ability. I'm fairly certain using the location passively doesn't work (the bonus isn't added when using the location), so this location probably needs looking at.

BTW, the bonuses do correctly apply when using the active ability -- also I've never seen the additional passives (Milliner, Shoe Lasts, Eye for Fashion) listed in the Wiki actually show up in the game, so I have no clue what that's about.

Typos:

Student Essay Comparing Rimbal to A Battle

if I get a really good hit, it can leave a whelp

should be

if I get a really good hit, it can leave a welt

Search for Weakness

Everyone has a weakness. A flaw, a vulnerability

should be

Everyone has a weakness, a flaw, a vulnerability

Random Event Prank 8

spacing problem underneath the Observation option

Random Event Morvidus Common Room 9

spacing problem underneath the Character Study option

Lucia's False Surrender

hot on her heals

should be

hot on her heels

Random Event Physical Activity 8

Bureaucratic Snag

Even worst

should be

Even worse

Random Event Docks 2

Fingerprints: the First Clue [should be Fingerprints: The First Clue]

if a fine colored powder could to the hands, then it could stick to the oils that the hand

should be

if a fine colored powder could stick to the hands, then it could stick to the oils that the hand

Civil Codes of Mineta- Bad Wine

A constant source of contention was the was the low quality of wine. A theory on the low quality was the brewer's attempts to save money by using ingredients that were not only putrid but also caused illness. It is believed the eblis plant, a rather revered plant in literature as it was told in stories of being a gift from the Old Gods, went into extinction in part of this process.

should be

A constant source of contention was the low quality of wine. A theory explained the low quality as brewers' attempts to save money by using ingredients that were not only putrid but also caused illness. It is believed that the eblis plant, a rather revered plant in literature because stories told of its being a gift from the Old Gods, went extinct at least in part because of this process.

Civil Codes of Mineta- Poor Magic

complimented the Civil Codes

should be

complemented the Civil Codes

Civil Codes of Mineta- Defective Shoes

citizen's themselves...citizen's footwear

should be

citizens themselves...citizens' footwear

The Bureaucratic Rulebook V

Andrews fault

should be

Andrew's fault

Random Event Forest 2:

it's expression wavers

should be

its expression wavers

Random Event Hallway 8

Random Event Student - Ana Flavia 2

her, .

should be

her.

Random Event Dance/Event 7

Random Event Daytime 1

it's shrieks are quite painful

should be

its shrieks are quite painful

Random Event Pursuit 8

spacing problem underneath the Awareness option

Random Event Escaped Animals 4

spacing problem underneath the Move Silently and Brute Strength options

Random Event Restaurant 8

spacing problem underneath the Sleuthing option

Tale of the Defiled Serpent [very weird use of line breaks, so that this prose work looks like a poem]

Random Event Spellcasting 17

Customs of Amoite IV

he two combatants

should be

The two combatants

Faith in the Gods that Born Us [I cannot even understand what this means: gods who birthed us? gods who bore us (as in carried)?. The same applies to the in lore reference to "gods that had born us"]

Random Event Foraging 16, default exit

It's pains you to leave it

should be

It pains you to leave it

When will the typos that we point out be fixed?

Typo:

Theory of Enchantment SL V

I never had many possessions, but could care less about them. However, today was different, I had to look presentable.

should be

I never had many possessions, but could not care less about them. However, today was different; I had to look presentable.

Spacing Problem:

Random Event Magic Trap 5

spacing problem underneath the Botany option

Archived