Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 Bugs

Schwarzbart

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melum;

That's quite an issue alright- are you using the latest DLC- did you check it at new game creation?

Tried it with a new game and yes, was able to do it again as soon as I unlocked it with Test-taking.

Using Steam version 3.0.8.0, Touch of Summer enabled. Took a screenshot with the inspector thing. Same conditions as the no "Three Suns" problem.

I'm pretty sure I see the problem here, since both Calculate the Geometry of Friendship and Calculate the Familiar Equation are Actions who's cooldown doesn't function at all. Meaning, Actions don't check for a cooldown if they don't have a temporary element to them.

Mind you, for CtFE that should be a feature, not a bug. Training Familiars is a timesink and a half as is, nerfing the daylights out of one of the few decent-ish training actions would just be kicking an already crippled puppy in the teeth.

On one hand I kind of dislike the 'patch it as we go' philosophy if only because it reminds me too much of today's lazy approach used by modern AAA game devs but on the other hand we can see progress being made in real time and it sure is nice to not have to wait 2 years for the next major release. :)

Speaking of bug actually I can't find confirmation that I send these in before, so:

-A Dance with the Boys 02 Conversation success text: "and you make your start walking to the nearest".
-A Walk Along the Lake 06 Infiltration failure is missing it's failure text, and also deletes all previous text for some reason.
-Finely Crafted Abacus increases Arithmetic Study Level by 3 rather than skill level, as the description claims.

Typo: Student Adventure Aveline 6 - Leadership exit - toliet should be spelled toilet

Durand College Adventures 8 - all exits have drawbacks and failure continuations, but no roll, meaning that success is automatic?

(I don't know if this has been reported before, just saw them while going through modtools and updating the wiki...)

RE Magic Trap 8 takes place in the wrong location.

Arithmetic Adventure 01 Cryptology success text has a broken reference to Professor Valenta, "Ar'right then capt'n, what's me number?" (should be "than" I'm pretty sure), "That decryption was garbage and may the Gods help" (should be "encryption", I believe).

I'm not sure if these are bugs specific to the latest patch (or bugs at all) but these are things I noticed in my steam playthrough.

Can only get NPC relations withother NCPs on specific NPCs I.E. if I click on their name, then click on 'relationship with player' it only lists their relationship with all other students for the following students:-

Ana Flavia Bessa, Ausdauer Mollers, Aymeri Couer, Carmine Stuzo, Cyrus Dawes, Grainne Inneith, Honors Plafox, Irene Oxina, Iustus Venture, Jere Niemela, Leopold Rassent, Llarina de Avuel, Neso Ulleri, Noemia Falcon y Paredes, Oriabel Sidot, Piccolet Gleyre, Reitz von Lutersee, Rui da Casga, Sheary Warrington, Sima Vanesico.

Similarly it does not tell me their relationship level with other students when choosing the gossip action unless one of the students is the above OR a student in my clique.

One character suceeded in using 'birds and the bees' on a character of the same gender which, per the description, shouldn't work. Sadly I lost my notes as to which character it was.

No obvious was to remove the 'Slightly Queasy' effect from the Bitter Stalks spell. (I saw this issue raised in 2010 and talk of an antidote, but I still can't see any obvious solution).

You only get detailed information on other students when you're Informed of them, which is always true for your Clique mates. Among that is whether Gossip will tell you how an NPC student feels about other NPC students.

NPC students are not beholden to certain conditions placed on actions/abilities and the like due to an engine bug. Them doing curious things because they don't check for gender is a known result of that.

That's a known bug, to my knowledge there's currently no way to get rid of it.

Not necessarily bugs. But strangeness in the modtools for this adventure chain:

Student Adventure Milena 3 and 4 - Failures on the exits go back to 2? is this intended? Thematically possibly correct, but there's a stage pause between 2 and 3/4 which makes the punishment for failure rather harsh.

Student Adventure Milena 12 - Failure of the investigation results in no chooseable exit? (there are no non-hidden options) What happens? does the adventure just putter out and end?

You only get detailed information on other students when you're Informed of them, which is always true for your Clique mates. Among that is whether Gossip will tell you how an NPC student feels about other NPC students.

Except I can always only sort relationships for those students (and myself) - from the start to the end of the game - regardless of who is or isn't in my clique, or who or who isn't in my end of day report. This has stayed true across multiple test games.

RE Magic Trap 8 takes place in the wrong location.

Arithmetic Adventure 01 Cryptology success text has a broken reference to Professor Valenta, "Ar'right then capt'n, what's me number?" (should be "than" I'm pretty sure)

"Alright then" is a normal expression in English. Similar to "Well, okay then..." -- It means to accept what has happened (sometimes sarcastic) and to move on toward the next matter.

"Than" is for comparison. Greater than ____ or less than ____, etc., and would be incorrect.

If you wanted to nit-pic the original text above, you could argue the comma placement, but I think it's intended as a tool to emphasize the character pausing for emphasis after "capt'n"

And of course "me" should be "my" but that's clearly intentionally ungrammatical. ;)

More modtools wierdness (note that I'm using modbase 4...)

Student Adventure Strolin 3 - Exit 1 - Opposed roll on initiator and target. The target of the adventure is Emilia Strollin, but according to the success/fail text, you're rolling against Sheary Warrington
Student Adventure Strolin 3 - Exit 3 benefits - The increase relationship [Durand-boy MC] target is Relationship]Character/Actors/Actors/Adventures/Student Adventure Strolin 4/8138/Character/Self - you're expanding relationship maximum with yourself?
The prerequisite for Ballon Day - Year 1 is:
[Numeric]Prerequisites, Numeric/Relationship/Selection/Morvidus/Joana Lio y Rossollo/Character/Selection/Morvidus/Philippe Marchant = -924. Is this another way of saying, this is cut content?

"Alright then" is a normal expression in English. Similar to "Well, okay then..." -- It means to accept what has happened (sometimes sarcastic) and to move on toward the next matter.

"Than" is for comparison. Greater than ____ or less than ____, etc., and would be incorrect.

If you wanted to nit-pic the original text above, you could argue the comma placement, but I think it's intended as a tool to emphasize the character pausing for emphasis after "capt'n"

And of course "me" should be "my" but that's clearly intentionally ungrammatical. ;)

*Grumbles while taking out list of things learned on the internet and nowhere else*

"Ar'right then capt'n, what's me number?" (should be "than" I'm pretty sure)

Actually, then is the right form. Than is a comparative term, but then in this context is an appropriate interjection, since the speaker is not trying to say that he or she is better than the captain.

Archived