Black Chicken Studios Forums

Question About Year 2

Rhialto

Firstly, I hope that I am not breaking any rule, either formal or informal, with this question.

Secondly, I personally have trust in Black Chicken Studios. They release amazing games of very deep quality, and it is to me not surprising that they would take so many years for their out put.

With these caveats aside, I have a question: Why does Black Chicken Studios not release screen shots or video footage of Y2? These could highlight improvements to the game, continuing stories from Y1, new stories from Y2, new skills, new art, etc. Certainly, these previews might not reflect the final state of the game, but they could serve at least 3 functions.

1. Advertising Y2: self-Explanatory.

2. Boosting the confidence of those who are aware of Black Chicken Studios: Footage/images from Y2 would be an excellent way to demonstrate to people how far along Y2 is. They could then no longer allege that Y2 is a pipedream.

3. Providing a Basis for Feedback: By exposing portions of Y2 to those outside Black Chicken Studios, Black Chicken Studios would be creating a situation in which outsiders might provide useful feed back about interface, etc, depending upon how much of Y2 would be shown.

The reason why Y2 is kept so under wraps is about three parts spoiler prevention and one part not wanting to release something in the off chance that the end product won't end up reflecting it. Ask Free about Professor Hazy if you've any doubt about that exact situation having come up before with a (minor) vengeance in Y1 already.

As far as I know, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Free dug up a bunch of Y1 pre-release screenshots/developer interviews and the like, basically the period Y1 equivalent of what you're suggesting the Team do for Y2, and they contained a bunch of information that was later changed, removed (visibly or otherwise) or something or 'nother. No great universe-changing secrets, of course, but still something the Team should be weary off.

Thank you for your clarification. This is a problem, however, that the team may try to avoid through the use of disclaimers. Ah well, if the team decide not to do as I suggest (and as it did before), then that is their right. I am just so eager to know more about Y2, but I am sure that this is a common issue among Academagia fans.

Yes, Professor "hazy" is actually a professor that never made it in Y1 but has an exceedingly high chance to make it in Y2. The actual name is voluntarily kept quiet due to spoilers. A very strong case for an Astrology teacher.

Yea some of the Professor who have no Class in Year 1 might get one in Year 2 and we for sure will get a new one for Brew that is one of the few confirmed class in year 2.

Also if I don't wrong our student can join most year 1 topics what means the Professor from year 1 will teach them to the students of the next year 1 and we can join this class as well in year 2.

Edit: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=857 I have written in some info we got about year 2 in this topics but things might get changed till release.

• 1 month later...

By finally finalizing Y1, there are slightly less distractions and a little more focus can be brought to bear on Y2's development.

I don't think it's a lot, but Y2's development should pick up a tiny bit of speed with one less project in the way.

And the Legate was insinuating that it wouldn't be very hard to complete the converter because Y1 is already capable of reading virtually all saves, so the work required to put it out would be minimal.

I can understand why the save converter would be the last thing to be completed. Since until Y1 and Y2 is DONE ™, the saves may not be final, so it makes sense to leave it for last.

It's just that we've been waiting 6 years, the wait is starting to form stress cracks in my psyche! :(

Archived